Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

corgski posted:

may as well add horde if you're doing that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

:riker:

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.
And you don't lay money down.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?
I wish there was a way to go pilot mode on a fighter from a carrier in this game. Go from Submarine to EVE Valkyrie with a click or two.

I know that's impossible with the game we have coded today, but dreams need to be written down in a piece of paper text box and burned posted on a dead comedy forum if you want them realized.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

eww, getting a slight urge to play this again. Wonder how much the impounding charges of all of my asset safety poo poo in Irmalin are

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

eww, getting a slight urge to play this again. Wonder how much the impounding charges of all of my asset safety poo poo in Irmalin are

Ok but imagine if you didn't

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

This is true, but I'd quite like to spin Myrms and Ishtars around rocks and shoot red crosses

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!

This is true, but I'd quite like to spin Myrms and Ishtars around rocks and shoot red crosses

Counterpoint: you really don’t

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

Seek therapy

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

don't play eve online

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Rudeboy Detective posted:

don't play eve online

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

WilWheaton posted:

Counterpoint: you really don’t

it was a brief, fleeting feeling, but then I realised that all three blocs in the game are run by and full of genuinely terrible people and thought better of it

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

World's Strongest Smelly Hobo

But what if you spun sabres and catalysts around dumb-as-rocks instead?

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

you really don't want me flying a dictor. I could barely fly a dps subcap

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.
There is no rush more pure, no thrill more exciting than immediately smashing the bubble button in the middle of your own fleet because the fc said "I need bubbles now" and not "I need bubbles on the enemy now"

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic
Anybody know of any decent Eve-related apps for phones (specifically iOS)? I currently have these:

The official app worked for me for almost 18 months, even though it was occasionally broken for short periods. It’s been broken for months at this point, though. I don’t think anyone expects a fix, either.

The Neocom II app works fine, but I don’t think it’s been updated for a long time; for instance, the skills for mining each ore are still separate skills which was changed in October of 2020 (I didn’t even start playing until March 2022). It’s good for checking PI planets and module prices in different markets while out-of-game/away from desktop. The lack of updates means not all modules are available or correctly named. This really messes up the “fitting” capability in the app, but Pyfa spoils me fagainst every similar program tbh.

Also, d-name home defense pilots represent :

windex
Aug 2, 2006

One thing living in Japan does is cement the fact that ignoring the opinions of others is a perfectly valid life strategy.

DerekSmartymans posted:

The official app worked for me for almost 18 months, even though it was occasionally broken for short periods. It’s been broken for months at this point, though. I don’t think anyone expects a fix, either.

It was officially discontinued in a press release a few months back now after the last major patch. There is no good alternative on anything as far as I know.

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

A Bad King posted:

I wish there was a way to go pilot mode on a fighter from a carrier in this game. Go from Submarine to EVE Valkyrie with a click or two.

I know that's impossible with the game we have coded today, but dreams need to be written down in a piece of paper text box and burned posted on a dead comedy forum if you want them realized.

They once tested atmospheric flight. It would be a fun layer for people playing vanguard to use fighters to intercept destroyers trying to bombard the planet.

salartarium fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Mar 21, 2024

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

DerekSmartymans posted:

Anybody know of any decent Eve-related apps for phones (specifically iOS)? I currently have these:

The Neocom II app works fine, but I don’t think it’s been updated for a long time; for instance, the skills for mining each ore are still separate skills which was changed in October of 2020 (I didn’t even start playing until March 2022). It’s good for checking PI planets and module prices in different markets while out-of-game/away from desktop. The lack of updates means not all modules are available or correctly named. This really messes up the “fitting” capability in the app, but Pyfa spoils me fagainst every similar program tbh.

Also, d-name home defense pilots represent :

There are none for iOS. Eve portal was discontinued, I use Neocom. Even though it is outdated it’s still far better than Eve portal has been for yonks.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

floppyspud posted:

There are none for iOS. Eve portal was discontinued, I use Neocom. Even though it is outdated it’s still far better than Eve portal has been for yonks.

I missed the note about the Eve portal app…miss the ability to buy/sell skill injectors and Plex when away from my Eveputer. Sometimes you could make isk on a bit of market-ry during the daytime.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

DerekSmartymans posted:

I missed the note about the Eve portal app…miss the ability to buy/sell skill injectors and Plex when away from my Eveputer. Sometimes you could make isk on a bit of market-ry during the daytime.

I wouldn’t dare doing something like that on eve portal, poo poo app would probably gently caress it up and lose me half my net worth.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

DerekSmartymans posted:

jfc

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

floppyspud posted:

I wouldn’t dare doing something like that on eve portal, poo poo app would probably gently caress it up and lose me half my net worth.

Yeah, tbh I never considered that. Back last year around the time when CCP had a huge sale on Skill Extractors I was able to make good isk due to the price of Plex before I even got home for the day due to the app. Being able to buy and inject skill points remotely was convenient. The best, though, was being able to manipulate your skill queue on your phone. Definitely missed.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

It took them ages to get the skill queue to work, and not just have every skill be "target lock breaking V" or some such nonsense. I only used it to clear out my EVE mail when I was at work because boy did BRAVE like to send a *lot* of corp and alliance mail to all 12 of my characters

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

it was a brief, fleeting feeling, but then I realised that all three blocs in the game are run by and full of genuinely terrible people and thought better of it

should have gone out on a peak posting high note and those urges would be subsumed forever

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

should have gone out on a peak posting high note and those urges would be subsumed forever

I think that's how I got blacklisted from GSF. Alas, what a shame

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

I think that's how I got blacklisted from GSF. Alas, what a shame

did you also send mittani to the shadow realm as your last act

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I may have told him, innominate, random corp ceos and some pubbie KF shitlords to go gently caress themselves in the big thread that was on the forums when he stepped down. I also have a PM waiting for me on the forums which may explain things, but I can't log in to read it which is nice

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

It took them ages to get the skill queue to work, and not just have every skill be "target lock breaking V" or some such nonsense. I only used it to clear out my EVE mail when I was at work because boy did BRAVE like to send a *lot* of corp and alliance mail to all 12 of my characters

Why in the ever loving gently caress did you give CCP that much of your money?

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

funnily enough, they put the multi account discount on all four accounts, which was handy. I could have easily ratted the isk for the fourth account but effort

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

multi account discount

?

Edit:

Holy poo poo. No idea, with three Omega/one Alpha accounts.

DerekSmartymans fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Mar 21, 2024

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

they jacked the price of a sub from £11.99 to £15.99 initially, nerds got mad so CCP said one account will pay the new amount, but every alt account linked to your main account can pay the old amount. All of mine seemed to pay the old amount, rather than the increased one

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

they jacked the price of a sub from £11.99 to £15.99 initially, nerds got mad so CCP said one account will pay the new amount, but every alt account linked to your main account can pay the old amount. All of mine seemed to pay the old amount, rather than the increased one

Completely missed it, my four accounts all had separate email accounts.

Fixed that just now…:sbahj:

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic
Double posting to say GODDAMN again…

Now bad to your scheduled thread of self-hate and disappointment

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

sending corp mail spam from work was the best part of that app

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

hailthefish posted:

the best part of eve without even logging in

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

hailthefish posted:

Baron of Bad News posted:

Tuzy is my Titan character. I do not normally log into him, hardly ever. Random alliance members who don't understand Tuzy isnt my main and aren't as familiar with Jabber send EveMails to Tuzy when they need help with something related to GSOL. For the last 6 months, as Delta squad has kept up their non-stop spamming of GoonWaffe corp mail, something that hadn't been allowed within the corp, for years, it has caused me to not be able to use the login screen anymore to see if I had any mail.You see, hardly anyone would ever send evemail to Tuzy, but occasionally, like once or twice a month, someone would. I would then log in Tuzy, and respond, edcuating the person it was better to send me a forums PM or jabber PM if they needed me.However, Delta dumb gimmick has made the "Evemail on the login screen" function effectivley useless to me and I have to now log Tuzy in every day just to clear a bunch of loving useless mail. Its infurtiating. Can you guys please find some other stupid gimmick to occupy your time and stop creating more work for me, who already has too many loving things to do?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Go play Helldivers 2, or Zork. Anything.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

christ alive I can't believe I used to pay so much money for this game

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
I see the TTC stuff is getting blown up, how did these things dissolve?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Potato Salad posted:

Go play Helldivers 2

Everybody should do this instead of playing eve online.