Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

floppyspud posted:

There are none for iOS. Eve portal was discontinued, I use Neocom. Even though it is outdated it’s still far better than Eve portal has been for yonks.

I'm still using Evanova on Android, at least that one has up-to-date skills. I guess Apple loses that fight, huh?

DerekSmartymans posted:

Completely missed it, my four accounts all had separate email accounts.

Fixed that just now…:sbahj:

Completely missed this, too. (Because I got mad about Dr. Who and ended all three of my accounts in a hissy fit for half a year, and now I only have one Omega-account active.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Libluini posted:

I'm still using Evanova on Android, at least that one has up-to-date skills. I guess Apple loses that fight,huh

The Neocon II app also allows you to view a (slightly out of date) database as well as check on contracts and even market orders (no manipulations, but you can see status even if you can’t change them). It beat the portal app soundly, aside from the skill stuff.

I just really wish they’d update it or make it open because it really is fine, just a shame it’s been allowed to deprecate.

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010

Sickening posted:

I see the TTC stuff is getting blown up, how did these things dissolve?

I think it went

Goons anchored a fort in the frt keepstar grid in catch
Anchoring timer didn't really get contested so imperium took this as a signal to burn catch and in turn,have been hitting a variety of things, which somehow extended into TTT assets.
Imperium haven't managed to significantly win any catch timers as they are generally CNTZ

But I guess the idea of killing something that can't be replaced motivated enough people to turn up today and bye bye Sotiyos

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Too bad about those hisec XL structures eh?

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

DerekSmartymans posted:

Now bad to your scheduled thread of self-hate and disappointment

i got laid off today because business slowed down a shitload and on the way home i realized i would have a lot more time for eve while i look for work

it was then that i realized just how bad getting laid off really was

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

grumplestiltzkin posted:

i got laid off today because business slowed down a shitload and on the way home i realized i would have a lot more time for eve while i look for work

it was then that i realized just how bad getting laid off really was

It’s like you’re being double punished. Isn’t there language in the Constitution to prevent this from happening?

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Libluini posted:

I'm still using Evanova on Android, at least that one has up-to-date skills. I guess Apple loses that fight, huh?

Yeah Evanova is better functionally, makes sense cus apple has really strict rules for the AppStore. It’s not a big deal though, just some of the new skills come up as unknown, otherwise it’s the same and I like the design a little better.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Sickening posted:

I see the TTC stuff is getting blown up, how did these things dissolve?

Imperium pulled out of TTC pact like a year ago or something, then last year CCP made it so xl structures (keeps and sotiyos) can’t be anchored in highsec. TTT died soon after and now people are killing the sotiyos. Pandafam defends but not very successfully because they aren’t set to CNTZ and actually have to fight in their strongest Timezone.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Rudeboy Detective posted:

don't play eve online

Hobologist
May 4, 2007

We'll have one entire section labelled "for degenerates"
I just blew through 11 billion is in the last 24 hours, once to a computer crash in an abyssal site and again to a rather surprising high sec gate camp of 9 Nagas.

Just because I can afford to replace it doesn't mean I necessarily want to.

Ikonoklast
Nov 16, 2007

A beacon for the liars and blind.

grumplestiltzkin posted:

There is no rush more pure, no thrill more exciting than immediately smashing the bubble button in the middle of your own fleet because the fc said "I need bubbles now" and not "I need bubbles on the enemy now"

You know, the FC might share that sentiment and want his own fleet bubbled because of EVE online.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
well I downloaded the client and spent most of yesterday releasing most of my poo poo from asset safety at a cost of over 20b so if anyone wants a revelation, minokawa or apostle with rigs and some topes in cargo in Irmalin, let me know. I think I've also got a t1 fit nidhoggur with a full compliment of fighters there as well

Saithir
Jul 10, 2022
Don't forget to join horde or someshit so you have some new and exciting reasons to melt down this time.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

I can vouch any poster here into atlas alliance

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

well I downloaded the client and spent most of yesterday releasing most of my poo poo from asset safety at a cost of over 20b so if anyone wants a revelation, minokawa or apostle with rigs and some topes in cargo in Irmalin, let me know. I think I've also got a t1 fit nidhoggur with a full compliment of fighters there as well

If you're just looking to give away stuff to quit, I would gladly take them all off your hands. If you're looking to sell them, good luck. Surely somebody in the delta sqad server can put you in contact with some buyers around Khanid space.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.

Come join horde, run crab beacons with me, and laugh at the other idiots in fleets

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Lorem ipsum posted:

Come join horde, run crab beacons with me, and laugh at the other idiots in fleets

absolutely not. I may play EVE but I have standards

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.

absolutely not. I may play EVE but I have standards

I don't believe you

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

you make a convincing argument

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Ikonoklast posted:

You know, the FC might share that sentiment and want his own fleet bubbled because of EVE online.

best trick is to fly one gate ahead and bubble when the FC tells everyone to warp. They love that!

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
I tried Vanguard again in the latest free test.

My recommendation so far: Don't

Aedaxus
Feb 3, 2019

Libluini posted:

Vanguard has a long way to go before it's yet another blockbuster hit CCP game.

That aside, to bubble half the fleet is double the fun.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

I shan’t touch vanguard until they add awoxing.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

corgski posted:

best trick is to fly one gate ahead and bubble when the FC tells everyone to warp. They love that!

Why does it smell like coffee now

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022
waking up every day and wondering if there's a war

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

Libluini posted:

Why Vanguard when there is Helldivers (an actually good game)?

ClCADA
Nov 16, 2023

DerekSmartymans posted:

The Neocon II app also allows you to view a (slightly out of date) database as well as check on contracts and even market orders (no manipulations, but you can see status even if you can’t change them). It beat the portal app soundly, aside from the skill stuff.

I just really wish they’d update it or make it open because it really is fine, just a shame it’s been allowed to deprecate.

The Fitting Tool is actually pretty ok too

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

Arishtat posted:

Why Vanguard when there is Helldivers (an actually good game)?

50/50 Stockholm syndrome and sunk cost fallacy

Dirac Fourier
Aug 14, 2023
A group that evicted me and my brother from our last C4 wormhole a few months ago found us in our new C4 wormhole and they are threatening to evict us again. I saw them log off a seed in the new C4 (C3/C2 statics) after they talked some trash to my brother. The old C4 (C4/C1 statics) is objectively worse so I think the invasion imminent. Their Astrahus is still anchored in their old C4. I know because I left a seed there to check it periodically, but I have otherwise left them alone. I don't think they have considered the possibility that we still have access to the old C4 and that we would continue to have access to the new C4. The CEO actually seems like a really low IQ person based on my brief conversations with him. My brother and I have tentatively agreed on this plan of action:

1. Preemptively hire mercs to destroy the evicting corp's Astrahus in the old C4.
2. This will inevitably prompt an invasion in the new C4.
3. We will defend with our home defense doctrine, but I expect that we will lose because it's probably going to be our Praxi vs. their Marauders. Numbers will be comparable though. They seem to have 4 players. We have 2 but we multibox up to 6.
4. We lose our POS, but we remain in the new C4 for months harassing them.
5. We eventually bug out to a different unoccupied C4 (C2/C4 statics) which I have had seeded for some time.

Nice meltdown?

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

that's one way to buy content

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
the most content a c4 has ever seen

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
I lost Eve again.

First time playing for a while, messing around in Ishkur and my buddy in a funky application and kite polarized bomber. We drive into a Frat gatecamp made up of a Vigilant, a Gnosis and an Exequror. The Vigi and Exeq die and we both live. The bomber went first and they were unsuccessfully chasing it, and once I get in and tackle the logi the Vigi and Gnosis both start burning back, and once the logi dies to the torps the Vigi starts dying to gate guns and I just tank it until it dies.

Elukka fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Apr 4, 2024

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021
This new Rogue drone content is fun. I wonder if they’ll stop with the MTU and tractor beam or we’re going to see NPC space in dronelands

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Kaysette posted:

the most content a c4 has ever seen

C4 on top

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

salartarium posted:

This new Rogue drone content is fun. I wonder if they’ll stop with the MTU and tractor beam or we’re going to see NPC space in dronelands

I haven’t been able to log in much besides 20 minutes to reset PI and grab login rewards (go go purple Skill Points!), so is this something in the patch notes? I won’t be able to get on my Eveputer at home for several hours (phone postin’), so any “heads up” is always appreciated!

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

DerekSmartymans posted:

I haven’t been able to log in much besides 20 minutes to reset PI and grab login rewards (go go purple Skill Points!), so is this something in the patch notes? I won’t be able to get on my Eveputer at home for several hours (phone postin’), so any “heads up” is always appreciated!

He’s talking about CRAB beacons

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

floppyspud posted:

oic…I don’t own any ships that can do them, so while I’m aware through osmosis they’re great money makers it’s just a part of the game I have zero experience in at all.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

DerekSmartymans posted:

oic…I don’t own any ships that can do them, so while I’m aware through osmosis they’re great money makers it’s just a part of the game I have zero experience in at all.

Yeah they’re cool, just nothing new.

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Dirac Fourier posted:

A group that evicted me and my brother from our last C4 wormhole a few months ago found us in our new C4 wormhole and they are threatening to evict us again. I saw them log off a seed in the new C4 (C3/C2 statics) after they talked some trash to my brother. The old C4 (C4/C1 statics) is objectively worse so I think the invasion imminent. Their Astrahus is still anchored in their old C4. I know because I left a seed there to check it periodically, but I have otherwise left them alone. I don't think they have considered the possibility that we still have access to the old C4 and that we would continue to have access to the new C4. The CEO actually seems like a really low IQ person based on my brief conversations with him. My brother and I have tentatively agreed on this plan of action:

1. Preemptively hire mercs to destroy the evicting corp's Astrahus in the old C4.
2. This will inevitably prompt an invasion in the new C4.
3. We will defend with our home defense doctrine, but I expect that we will lose because it's probably going to be our Praxi vs. their Marauders. Numbers will be comparable though. They seem to have 4 players. We have 2 but we multibox up to 6.
4. We lose our POS, but we remain in the new C4 for months harassing them.
5. We eventually bug out to a different unoccupied C4 (C2/C4 statics) which I have had seeded for some time.

Nice meltdown?

Sadly I think if you want to hold onto any higher class wormhole you will need to be part of or tied to or friends with some larger groups.

All the same, good luck to you. What group is working to evicting you and who are you all? You may not even need mercs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

World's Strongest Smelly Hobo

floppyspud posted:

They added something new in the last patch to turn in some drone stuff, I thought it said you could find it in HS?