Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

It is also a spicy time in jspace right now so a lotta people might either be lathered up and ready to fight, or already be busy fighting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Andohz posted:

They added something new in the last patch to turn in some drone stuff, I thought it said you could find it in HS?

oh I didn't see that, seems super boring though so ill just assume they were still talking about beacons.

Saul Kain
Dec 5, 2018

Lately it occurs to me,

what a long, strange trip it's been.

Sixto Lezcano posted:

It is also a spicy time in jspace right now so a lotta people might either be lathered up and ready to fight, or already be busy fighting.

What’s going on in jspace to make it spicy?

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
Hawks versus SYNDE is finally happening, farmholes burning, everyone wants a piece

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010
zigam actually undocked something bigger than a harpy last night (and most of it died) :O

Hobologist
May 4, 2007

We'll have one entire section labelled "for degenerates"

Andohz posted:

They added something new in the last patch to turn in some drone stuff, I thought it said you could find it in HS?

To elaborate, those sentient drones that appear in scannable combat sites and their escalations now drop an item that, when combined with other sentient drone drops, can be traded in for a loot box containing isk tokens and blueprints for new tractor beams and tractor units. I suppose it's a reason to run them, but the isk per hour isn't that great and the markets will eventually run out of drone components, so I just bought the new tractor unit instead. It's cool, and one third more tractorious than the old one.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Running around highsec with a chance to find a terrible site for a chance to kill an npc that has a chance to drop a worthless item that you combine with other worthless items to get a loot box that might give you a blueprint for a tractor beam.

This truly is enthralling gameplay.

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!

floppyspud posted:

Running around highsec with a chance to find a terrible site for a chance to kill an npc that has a chance to drop a worthless item that you combine with other worthless items to get a loot box that might give you a blueprint for a tractor beam.

This truly is enthralling gameplay.

pee online

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022
should we speculate about upcoming sov changes in pee online

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

psilocybin laden posted:

They will be bad and/or problematic

CheechLizard
Jul 1, 2000

It stays at 50%, goy!

psilocybin laden posted:

space will become a doughnut, like in china

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
spice meltdown

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

failson al-gaib

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

psilocybin laden posted:

They’re gonna remove Timezone tanking, discourage holding large swathes of space, nerf ansis and power projection, reverse scarcity, give carriers, supers, and titans a role in combat, bring back passive moon mining, shake up sov, change resource distribution, and add npc null to Dronelands.

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
make the zealot red

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

floppyspud posted:

They’re gonna remove Timezone tanking, discourage holding large swathes of space, nerf ansis and power projection, reverse scarcity, give carriers, supers, and titans a role in combat, bring back passive moon mining, shake up sov, change resource distribution, and add npc null to Dronelands.

you had me going for a second

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.
All I want is the ability to clone jump from k space to j space. I'm fine if it's extremely limited and gated behind otherwise useless skills, just lemme get back to the hole without having to spend an hour scanning:bahgawd:

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

no because then you could never evict a hole

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

no because then you could never evict a hole

Yeah I don’t think it would be good since it basically removes a huge part of hole control and the etiquette of podding people in jspace. Even with a 1 week timer or something like that it’ll still make a lot of people angry.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

so is the game still bad?

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Bilirubin posted:

Yes, more so than ever.

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Bilirubin posted:

Still bad implies that at some point it must have been good, and this hasn't been the case since we lived in Syndicate and I gave you the locations of sleeper caches I couldn't scan down

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Still bad implies that at some point it must have been good, and this hasn't been the case since we lived in Syndicate and I gave you the locations of sleeper caches I couldn't scan down

I died to those things so much

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I repeatedly died to a pair of gankers who live near the AAS house, and to my knowledge they still live in Syndicate

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Coasterphreak posted:

you had me going for a second

:same:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

floppyspud posted:

At this point the only thing that would tempt me more than this is a hard reset lol

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
eve classic server when???

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

I repeatedly died to a pair of gankers who live near the AAS house, and to my knowledge they still live in Syndicate

just stumbled across this recruitment poster I made during the move op from Dek to Delve

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
where the gently caress is Syndicate,the gently caress are you doing there and why

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Erulisse posted:

where the gently caress is Syndicate,the gently caress are you doing there and why

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I mean, I'm not there now on account of not playing, but post groomswarm and pre-brave I did an exploration lap of every system east of Poitot and barely saw another soul. I was also easily able to bring a clownshow nereus back to pick up the loot

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

oh so I heard something about Goosefleet and Elusif and lmao what's the story

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Bilirubin posted:

oh so I heard something about Goosefleet and Elusif and lmao what's the story

not much, elusif was a member but he did some botting on the side and some spy in a furry corp that we were allied with made a big ol reddit shitshow about it to tank one of our directors' CSM run

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Free Elusif

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Kazinsal posted:

not much, elusif was a member but he did some botting on the side and some spy in a furry corp that we were allied with made a big ol reddit shitshow about it to tank one of our directors' CSM run

wasn't it only an intel bot and not a bot bot? At least that's how I read it

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

the intel bot that nobody cared about or paid attention to was technically against the rules, AND ALSO iirc he was doing some botting-botting on the side and then there were some goofy jokes about laundering his ill gotten isk or w/e that were taken at face value by said credulous dweeb

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

wasn't it only an intel bot and not a bot bot? At least that's how I read it

yeah it was an intel bot but it was doing poo poo that you could do without botting (like sitting in a station and watching the player list) and he just used a bot to make it easier for himself

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

Also, and I cannot stress this enough because it is very funny, nobody paid attention to it. Our killboard from that era is a testament to this.

“hey buddy the all seeing eye has reported a roaming gang, might wanna dock that orca up”
5 minutes later: “HELP ORCA TCAKCLED HELP”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

That Works posted:

Free Elusif