Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

hailthefish posted:

the intel bot that nobody cared about or paid attention to was technically against the rules, AND ALSO iirc he was doing some botting-botting on the side and then there were some goofy jokes about laundering his ill gotten isk or w/e that were taken at face value by said credulous dweeb

Yeah basically elusif was space rich and we didn't ask how and it turns out it was bots all the way down. The intel bots were, as far as I know, a bunch of weird OCR poo poo he was running that he said was legal and the GMs later decided was not. Which in retrospect is probably why UedamaScout only streams the game window instead of OCR-ing the overview and putting that information in an easier to read list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
an annoying 40K community guy is pivoting to eve

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

Cease to Hope posted:

Great I get 5x Street Cred in Safety for ganking a streamer

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

corgski posted:

Yeah basically elusif was space rich and we didn't ask how and it turns out it was bots all the way down. The intel bots were, as far as I know, a bunch of weird OCR poo poo he was running that he said was legal and the GMs later decided was not. Which in retrospect is probably why UedamaScout only streams the game window instead of OCR-ing the overview and putting that information in an easier to read list.

he said he ran a huge skillgoo farm, iirc, at which we went "yes that tracks" and got busy doing more interesting things than deeply investigating the gaming habits of an adult human being

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

dragonshardz posted:

he said he ran a huge skillgoo farm, iirc, at which we went "yes that tracks" and got busy doing more interesting things than deeply investigating the gaming habits of an adult human being

Bingo.

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

World's Strongest Smelly Hobo
I have two characters that I skillfarm on and the amount of clicking for that alone makes me feel like it isn't worth it. And by the amount of complaining about clicking we heard every month when extracting/plexing time came I assumed he wasn't botting (that part).

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Cease to Hope posted:

So a target for griefing?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Baron of Bad News posted:

So a target for griefing?

i mean feel free to gently caress with that guy at your convenience

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

Andohz posted:

I have two characters that I skillfarm on and the amount of clicking for that alone makes me feel like it isn't worth it. And by the amount of complaining about clicking we heard every month when extracting/plexing time came I assumed he wasn't botting (that part).

At least I understand why he never took my advice to Plex longer periods of time now.

In case his bots got banned :v:

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!
Wts eve gold

Who would have expected this from the elusif man?

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

That Works posted:

Free Elusif

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

anybody who puts as much effort as elusif into not actually playing EVE online is a hero

elusif for CSM

edit: cowardice

Rudeboy Detective fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Apr 16, 2024

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!

That Works posted:

Free Elusif

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
We had a gang of a varying set of 3-4 people going today and towards the end kinda lost our good tackle so we were down to a single point on an ENI and I discovered the no point strat: Nobody is very scared if you don't point them, you seem like you're just keeping range, you don't go too fast, you maybe stop shooting if they're looking unhealthy, and then you just let them catch you, point and kill.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
The even economy would implode if they could do anything to combat the bots.

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022
runescape actually has some pretty decent anti-botting tech in it, if even half of the principles applied in it were in EVE we'd see a massive reduction but that would require the CCP developers to do uhhh, some developing

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
nice meltdown

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Actually I think botting is good because it means less real people are suffering having to play eve online

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

floppyspud posted:

Actually I think botting is good because it means less real people are suffering having to play eve online

:hai:

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Cease to Hope posted:

incel bots

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

for realsies, it's remarkable how little effort it took Games Workshop to reclaim their two fiction settings from the kinds of fascists and theocrats they've always openly panned

Dirac Fourier
Aug 14, 2023

Dirac Fourier posted:

A group that evicted me and my brother from our last C4 wormhole a few months ago found us in our new C4 wormhole and they are threatening to evict us again. I saw them log off a seed in the new C4 (C3/C2 statics) after they talked some trash to my brother. The old C4 (C4/C1 statics) is objectively worse so I think the invasion imminent. Their Astrahus is still anchored in their old C4. I know because I left a seed there to check it periodically, but I have otherwise left them alone. I don't think they have considered the possibility that we still have access to the old C4 and that we would continue to have access to the new C4. The CEO actually seems like a really low IQ person based on my brief conversations with him. My brother and I have tentatively agreed on this plan of action:

1. Preemptively hire mercs to destroy the evicting corp's Astrahus in the old C4.
2. This will inevitably prompt an invasion in the new C4.
3. We will defend with our home defense doctrine, but I expect that we will lose because it's probably going to be our Praxi vs. their Marauders. Numbers will be comparable though. They seem to have 4 players. We have 2 but we multibox up to 6.
4. We lose our POS, but we remain in the new C4 for months harassing them.
5. We eventually bug out to a different unoccupied C4 (C2/C4 statics) which I have had seeded for some time.

Nice meltdown?

Well this all played out last week. The merc corp we hired ended up being a nice group and they formed at 4am their time to bash the Astrahus in the old C4. The other guys didn't show up to the fight even though they said they would. A few days after their stuff was destroyed, their CEO and a few of the active players joined some high class wormhole group. They never used their seed in our C4, and we eventually moved into our next C4 home anyway.

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021
So I wonder if Quern’s Hardpoint is going to be obsolete or they will just upgrade all I-hubs in place. No more TCU also means no POS fuel reduction bonus.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Huh. Looks like they're changing PI? Honestly, I'd thought that poo poo would just remain in stasis until the servers grow cold, but wonders never cease...

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

salartarium posted:

So I wonder if Quern’s Hardpoint is going to be obsolete or they will just upgrade all I-hubs in place. No more TCU also means no POS fuel reduction bonus.

It sounds like Structure Hubs get upgrades like Pirate Detection Arrays similar to IHubs, so i'm betting IHubs get upgraded in-place and TCUs just go away with buyback for unplaced ones.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Libluini posted:

Huh. Looks like they're changing PI? Honestly, I'd thought that poo poo would just remain in stasis until the servers grow cold, but wonders never cease...

a quick read leads me to believe that the wrist-breaking busy work of P1-P4 will still be there, but there are some new automated extracted things that are needed for new and/or existing sov structures? Normal PI is embedded in so much stuff that I don't think they want to remove it

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

World's Strongest Smelly Hobo
It's also been confirmed that the automated moon miners will be available in wormholes, so we can get that sweet sweet R4 goo I guess.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
I'm gonna give this game another go. I got bored with it in about a week and tapped out. I logged back in and saw I got donations from players. I have no idea what to do with all this money. I was watching videos on how to explore wormholes and exploring by doing the minigames, so I might try that. I also saw I needed to apply to a guild so I applied to Goonwaffe. But I have no idea what to do. I'm currently sitting in Amsen but I want to go to Jita since the video I watched said to make that your homebase but yeah. I will take any recommendations. I have about $200mil to spend so I will take any guidance or advice.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

a quick read leads me to believe that the wrist-breaking busy work of P1-P4 will still be there, but there are some new automated extracted things that are needed for new and/or existing sov structures? Normal PI is embedded in so much stuff that I don't think they want to remove it

PI is a function of trying to make Dust relevant, but now they don't have the resources to get rid of it.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Coasterphreak posted:

PI is a function of trying to make Dust relevant, but now they don't have the resources to get rid of it.

PI was fine once it was up and running, and only needed minimal resetting, pick up and drop offs. Getting it set up across many characters is the worst (saveable set-ups when?)

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.
And you don't lay money down.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?

A Sneaker Broker posted:

I'm gonna give this game another go. I got bored with it in about a week and tapped out. I logged back in and saw I got donations from players. I have no idea what to do with all this money. I was watching videos on how to explore wormholes and exploring by doing the minigames, so I might try that. I also saw I needed to apply to a guild so I applied to Goonwaffe. But I have no idea what to do. I'm currently sitting in Amsen but I want to go to Jita since the video I watched said to make that your homebase but yeah. I will take any recommendations. I have about $200mil to spend so I will take any guidance or advice.

It's an MMO. Find a group!

200 mil ISK is great for an endless stream of frigates and destroyers. When you get accepted to a corp, Goonwaffe in this case, join the discord and folks will guide you along to fun things.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Goosefleet is a goon group of note if you don’t find fun in waffe

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

A Sneaker Broker posted:

For goonwaffe read the thread they have in PGS which will explain the recruitment method, applying in game won’t help.

Jita is just a major trade hub, if you are joining goonwaffe don’t bother going there because you will end up in nullsec anyways.

Don’t spend it on anything, keep it until you find something you need.

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.
And you don't lay money down.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?
Also, between now and when you get a seat at a space club, my advice is to learn the basics through the career paths. EVE has an excellent primer on exploration, shooting others, shooting NPCs, industry and other activities through the game's beginner missions.

Exploration can be fun as a side activity between doing other things, like waiting for a manufacturing job to finish or your new friends to log in and fleet up.

Wormholes are, arguably, the best place to live and play this sandbox besides perhaps Pochven (an "end-game" zone of space hell), and exploration will help you learn how to navigate it! Floating around wormholes is an exercise of cartography, bookmarking, staying quiet and rogue-like, making thick stacks of ISK, killing, and dying. What you want are "alts," or second characters, trained in exploration skills, sitting in an alpha clone friendly exploration frigate such as a Magnate or Heron, so you can always map your way back to the hole you recently died in. There's a lot to say about wormholes and exploration and the best way to get familiarized is by getting into the game and doing it with a guiding hand.

Edit: this is an amazing YouTube playlist of a guy trying to eek out a simple life in wormholes:
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6-OXGWVaPkhNwInt7k0lGM90k-ojfnSU&si=iyp7NC98Heg3DNbT

A Bad King fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Apr 26, 2024

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
you lock and press F1

preferably when you know they'll bitch

not hard if you try

Coasterphreak fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Apr 26, 2024

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
nice meltdown

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot

floppyspud posted:

For goonwaffe read the thread they have in PGS which will explain the recruitment method, applying in game won’t help.

Jita is just a major trade hub, if you are joining goonwaffe don’t bother going there because you will end up in nullsec anyways.

Don’t spend it on anything, keep it until you find something you need.

I only spent money on my new Heron and started training scanning skills, so a slight $2mil dent, but I think I will be alright.

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

Wormholes are the best part of eve (no local, can roll off bad neighbors, new chain keeps it fresh) and I strongly encourage more people to get into holes

[Editor’s note: this poster has just been gatecamping in kspace for a month]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

Dalmuti posted:

nice meltdown

I thought it was a good haiku, dammit