Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Thanks for fielding the serious talk twig, as a broader member of the LGBQTIA+ community my first reaction is to make fun of this guy for being obtuse and stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Jay Derkin posted:

I guess I largely just fail to see why that has any place in a pre 3rd grade classroom to begin with? You're laying the foundation of a good education, why does the teacher need to be giving their views on sexuality at all? I don't think a teacher should be talking about their personal life with their students, doesn't matter if they're gay or straight. My teachers never once did that and it didn't negatively affect my education.

I do very much have an issue with selective enforcement, and if that is the case then the people doing said selective enforcement should face consequences.

People existing isn’t a viewpoint shitstain.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Jay Derkin posted:

I guess I largely just fail to see why that has any place in a pre 3rd grade classroom to begin with? You're laying the foundation of a good education, why does the teacher need to be giving their views on sexuality at all? I don't think a teacher should be talking about their personal life with their students, doesn't matter if they're gay or straight. My teachers never once did that and it didn't negatively affect my education.

I do very much have an issue with selective enforcement, and if that is the case then the people doing said selective enforcement should face consequences.

but that's still absolutely nothing to do with why your response to someone asking about CCP's inclusion/not scaring off the ladies survey was "modern inclusion is toxic and has gone too far"

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

:munch:

never change, eve thread, never change…

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Rhymenoserous posted:

Thanks for fielding the serious talk twig, as a broader member of the LGBQTIA+ community my first reaction is to make fun of this guy for being obtuse and stupid.

I don't think I've even brought up the LGBT community outside of one reference to things I've been accused of. I fully believe that you guys should be treated identically to everyone else on the planet. I would say that's a fair position to take?

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Jay Derkin posted:

I don't think I've even brought up the LGBT community outside of one reference to things I've been accused of. I fully believe that you guys should be treated identically to everyone else on the planet. I would say that's a fair position to take?

Then you disagree with the Florida issue you are busy championing moron.

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Rhymenoserous posted:

People existing isn’t a viewpoint shitstain.

I haven't denied anyones existence, I simply don't think that sexuality has a place in a pre third grade classroom.

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004
SOCIALLY WORTHLESS SHUT-IN NERD
i have it on good authority that jay derkin had sex with a jar of nickelodeon Gak

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Jay Derkin posted:

I haven't denied anyones existence, I simply don't think that sexuality has a place in a pre third grade classroom.

i bet you're one of those concerned parents who does not actually have a kid

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Jay Derkin posted:

I would consider actual inclusion to be leaving everyone the gently caress alone and letting them live the way they want to. This recent trend of "You disagree with X small thing means you're a bigot and we hate you" is just ludicrous.

Inclusion means the opposite of leaving people alone

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

Furnok Dorn posted:

i have it on good authority that jay derkin had sex with a jar of nickelodeon Gak

I thought it was Floam?

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

hailthefish posted:

but that's still absolutely nothing to do with why your response to someone asking about CCP's inclusion/not scaring off the ladies survey was "modern inclusion is toxic and has gone too far"

You've missed my point like 5 times. The point is that "modern inclusion" seems to bring in topics that are well outside of what I would consider inclusion to be. I don't think both gay and straight people being told to not talk about their sexuality to children in a school setting is preventing anyone from being included in society. There's a time and a place for everything, the classroom at that grade level, in my opinion, is not it.

twigplant
Jun 9, 2009

You're asking me to believe in sentient meat.

Rhymenoserous posted:

i regret it already. my first instinct is always like "ok but just explain it to them in smaller words" but then i remember how utterly exhausting it is to attempt to explain these things to people who are committed to never understanding.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Jay Derkin posted:

You played a lot of that “I’m not touching you lol lol who me I’m innocent?” poo poo until you were in your 30’s didn’t you.

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Rhymenoserous posted:

Then you disagree with the Florida issue you are busy championing moron.

I don't disagree with the law, but if it's being selectively enforced then I absolutely disagree with the enforcement.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

jay can we get a comment for our substack?

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Jay Derkin posted:

You've missed my point like 5 times. The point is that "modern inclusion" seems to bring in topics that are well outside of what I would consider inclusion to be. I don't think both gay and straight people being told to not talk about their sexuality to children in a school setting is preventing anyone from being included in society. There's a time and a place for everything, the classroom at that grade level, in my opinion, is not it.

The entire point of the law is to make it illegal for a school teacher to say, admit he has a husband to his class, or have a picture of his family on his desk. It’s dehumanizing and you suck.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Jay Derkin posted:

You've missed my point like 5 times. The point is that "modern inclusion" seems to bring in topics that are well outside of what I would consider inclusion to be.

floppyspud posted:

One of them he likes one of them he doesnt

Like what? You have literally 0 arguments you are saying nothing

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
was it flubber?

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Rhymenoserous posted:

The entire point of the law is to make it illegal for a school teacher to say, admit he has a husband to his class, or have a picture of his family on his desk. It’s dehumanizing and you suck.

Teachers should go to school to teach, nothing more and nothing less. I couldn't possibly care less if a teacher is gay or not, but I don't see the need for any teacher to be talking about their personal life with students, sexuality need not apply.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Jay Derkin posted:

The X I was referring to would be the state of Floridas ban on teaching about sex to kids below third grade in a school setting. That sounds reasonable to me and I got some major backlash on that one.

I'm going to drop a nuclear bomb on your house.

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Fajita Queen posted:

That's nice.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Jay Derkin posted:

surely the foundation of a good education also involves socialization and understanding of the world in general, no? how old do you think kids should have to be before they find out that gay people exist? that some of their classmates might have two moms or two dads and that's okay? or do you just think it's actually not okay?

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

Jay Derkin posted:

Teachers should go to school to teach, nothing more and nothing less. I couldn't possibly care less if a teacher is gay or not, but I don't see the need for any teacher to be talking about their personal life with students, sexuality need not apply.

No comment on the Gak/Floam/Fubber sexual allegations?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Jay Derkin posted:

That's nice.

perish

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Baculus posted:

No comment on the Gak/Floam/Fubber sexual allegations?

I have absolutely no idea what any of that even means.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Jay Derkin posted:

what does that have to do with icelandic video game developer crowd control productions and their spaceship mmo eve online? surely the two must be related somehow, you're the one who brought it up.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Fajita Queen posted:

woah now. thats only for wilo

*his balls

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Having sex with two Heelies style shoes taped together with a couple sponges in order to assert dominance upon the eve thread

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004
SOCIALLY WORTHLESS SHUT-IN NERD

Jay Derkin posted:

I have absolutely no idea what any of that even means.

you put your stinky little pecker into cyberpunk playdough because your brain resembles one of those tungsten cubes those bitcoin gomers were honkin off to

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
the little wheels in the heels provide just the friction my foreskin needs

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
is he gleaming the cube?

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

Solus posted:

the little wheels in the heels provide just the friction my foreskin needs

When you are ready to experience the wonders of freedom.... I'll be here.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

New thread's off to a great start

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

hailthefish posted:

surely the foundation of a good education also involves socialization and understanding of the world in general, no? how old do you think kids should have to be before they find out that gay people exist? that some of their classmates might have two moms or two dads and that's okay? or do you just think it's actually not okay?

I think that realization comes naturally with age and with socializing with those around them. I simply don't think that it should be a conversation facilitated by teachers discussing personal matters with their students. Social issues absolutely have a place in the classroom, but that's something I would reserve for children above the third grade as it's a rather complex subject that merits a lot of discussion. Pre 3rd should largely be building a solid foundation to be able to discuss more in-depth topics later on.

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

hailthefish posted:

what does that have to do with icelandic video game developer crowd control productions and their spaceship mmo eve online? surely the two must be related somehow, you're the one who brought it up.

Yes, because I've been told that my view on that is somehow related to the modern definition of inclusion, which I think has been stretched out to encompass things far beyond what I would consider to be inclusion. Thus my statement on what I think to be "actual inclusion" as opposed to "modern inclusion".

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

Jay Derkin posted:

I think that realization comes naturally with age and with socializing with those around them. I simply don't think that it should be a conversation facilitated by teachers discussing personal matters with their students. Social issues absolutely have a place in the classroom, but that's something I would reserve for children above the third grade as it's a rather complex subject that merits a lot of discussion. Pre 3rd should largely be building a solid foundation to be able to discuss more in-depth topics later on.

ugh gently caress please post something interesting or coherent we're doing a lot of work to make you seem vastly more cogent and fun than you are loving hell

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Jay Derkin posted:

Student: sees picture of traditional family on desk: “Who’s that?”

Teacher: my wife I love her a lot

Student: sees picture of non traditional family on desk: “Who’s that”

Gay Teacher: I’m not allowed to say

Congratulations on creating an underclass

The fact that you don’t understand childhood inquisitiveness or normal human interaction makes me wonder if you are one of those Reddit “goons” haunting this forum to annoy me.

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Baculus posted:

ugh gently caress please post something interesting or coherent we're doing a lot of work to make you seem vastly more cogent and fun than you are loving hell

Are you just going to keep raging until I agree with you or something? I'm attempting to have actual discussion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Jay Derkin posted:

Yes, because I've been told that my view on that is somehow related to the modern definition of inclusion, which I think has been stretched out to encompass things far beyond what I would consider to be inclusion. Thus my statement on what I think to be "actual inclusion" as opposed to "modern inclusion".

so you think nobody in eve should be allowed to say they're gay because it's bad for kids? or what, help me out here.