Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

windex
Aug 2, 2006

One thing living in Japan does is cement the fact that ignoring the opinions of others is a perfectly valid life strategy.

FirstnameLastname posted:

wth, when did they do that? that sucks, it was useful for that kinda stuff

so uh, people were not supposed to have figured out those jove gates already. and now they gotta rush to implement them. probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

windex
Aug 2, 2006

One thing living in Japan does is cement the fact that ignoring the opinions of others is a perfectly valid life strategy.

Toalpaz posted:

i dont think posting on something awful is worth any eve guild

It's punishment, obviously

windex
Aug 2, 2006

Dalmuti posted:

I hereby give you permission to go on a npsi fleet

The worst thing that happens if you have fun playing EVE is that you get kicked out of 2:1 reddit:goon corpgoonswarm.

windex
Aug 2, 2006

Toalpaz posted:

anyone know how to do the calculations on safely traveling with goods during the event? I have like only 70k ehp in a bs but 1+ bln of loot to start moving across multiple stations. I don't have a corp or friends to ask this question, and I don't think the typical 3000 isk to 1 ehp calc makes sense in the new event rules.

PushX advice is great but.. I just want to stress this the same way we do to gooses, please train DSTs and Blockade Runners. A DST can have just as much EHP as a battleship, occasionally *more* active tank if needed and well skilled, but can fit a interdiction nullifier and do the mwd+cloak trick. You can fit a packaged battleship + rigs and fittings in a DST fleet hangar with DST IV no problem, and with a compact mwd/ab the DST aligns faster.

Blockade runners (covops haulers) are no good for major trade hubs (they can't be cargo scanned so gankers assume they're full of gold and pop them), but are otherwise great ways to move stuff from highsec to low/null with low risk.

windex
Aug 2, 2006

Elukka posted:

I'm still really surprised the Hecate performed so badly though.

Generally speaking, trying to shoot things with a hecate that isn't max gunnery skills + tactical destroyer V is going to make it suck.

quote:

Gallente Tactical Destroyer Bonuses Per Level:
3% bonus to Small Hybrid Turret rate of fire
7.5% bonus to Small Hybrid Turret tracking speed
5% reduction module in heat damage amount taken

If they're in propulsion mode especially while trying to shoot you, they're realistically not going to be able to track you for poo poo unless they have Gallente Tactical Destroyer V.

windex
Aug 2, 2006

Kamikaze Raider posted:

You really should. It's genuinely exceptional.

Anyone asking me to watch a six hour documentary about internet spaceships is trolling. :colbert:

windex
Aug 2, 2006

notaspy posted:

Can the question about what happened to goosefleet be answered without causing a massive derail?

A spy that pretended to be a furry infiltrated an adjacent furry alliance that depended entirely upon spies not being willing to pretend to be furries as a security posture, copy and pasted a bunch of discord chat to reddit, made d'ceet sad, and in general posted bad on the internet and should be tried for their crimes.

Hope this helps.

windex
Aug 2, 2006

notaspy posted:

Can I just say I am loving this drama

Eve drama, best drama

someone said Jay only did a trillion isk in damage.

those are rookie numbers

:colbert:

windex
Aug 2, 2006

andromache posted:

You are trapped in a thread with wibla, globby, bigbill, and the d-name poster of your choice.

Who is the d-name poster who will join you?
What do you do?

Darius JOHNSON

Discuss Korean BBQ

windex
Aug 2, 2006

Eyud posted:

The thing

Someone needs to make an audio clip of this entire thing in this voice, thanks in advance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZe5J8SVCYQ

windex
Aug 2, 2006

Dirac Fourier posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8k6MSwMvDQ

SCOPE video on Jay's shenanigans. This video makes me want walking in stations to come back... except in a way where we can leave our rooms.

Space fistfightsunderground mortal combat arena

windex
Aug 2, 2006

OneEightHundred posted:

I think even new ones fall into the same type of filtering as bookmarks inside of the sun, where even if you try to warp to a positional bookmark inside of the sun, it will set your warp destination point to somewhere else.

We've actually spotted folks anchoring or with anchored structures in wormholes mostly within the sun collision bounding box before, there's usually a little section of the side of the structure they can get to docking range in, which they have bookmarked, but when they go off tether at the undock they go flying, and if you scan out the structure you can never get near it or often even on grid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

windex
Aug 2, 2006

DerekSmartymans posted:

The official app worked for me for almost 18 months, even though it was occasionally broken for short periods. It’s been broken for months at this point, though. I don’t think anyone expects a fix, either.

It was officially discontinued in a press release a few months back now after the last major patch. There is no good alternative on anything as far as I know.