Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
T2 carriers when

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I did a trip around the ancestral homelands of Syndicate last October, and the same pair of gankers who routinely got my exploration ships were still active around the AAS hole. Brought a goddamned tear to my eye

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I went through every system east of Poitot after coming in through Reblier and I think I saw maybe a dozen other players. I didn't go into the pocket that last I remember Eve Uni staged out of

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

hailthefish posted:

Anyway remember the time mittens was remonstrating with people being lovely to women in cfc comms and concluded the whole spiel with (paraphrasing but not by much) "we need women to play in our coalition so we can use their feminine wiles as weapons against the sexless nerds who are our enemies"

lmao

it's furniture, but for men

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Shattered says the Nag sucks which I find hard to believe, or at least it seems to be more suited to long range engagements

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

andromache posted:

About that... when CCP announced that XL structures would no longer be allowed to be anchored in highsec, the Imperium may have done a thing to it.

That thing being explode it.

A good chunk of eve joined us.

did they not move the market to another structure in the system, or is my memory really hazy?

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

im_cheating posted:

Well, eve is dead. Guess OP can lock this now.

be sure to take the choices quotes back to the GSF forums/reddit

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Conspiratiorist posted:

I got the impression he wanted a star citizen space guild but found little traction.

lol. lmfao

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I have about 30b of cap and cap-adjacent parts, along with about 20b of moon goo, gas and their reacted products. I should probably look into making something with those

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Kazinsal posted:

Yeah I got inactivity purged from waffe a couple times and dropped corp when the mittens poo poo happened, and when the dread pirate elusif comedy reddit drama shenanigans happened and it looked like CCP was going to dumpster GEESE, my first thought was "well at least I can get back into waffe if everything goes tits up".

Thankfully CCP did not dumpster GEESE and in fact our original CEO has been unbanned and given compensatory sub time on her accounts so we will continue hooting and honking into the abyss

weirdly one of my alts got booted for inactivity once, but the remaining five or so characters I had in the corp as well as my main survived that purge :iiam:

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I don't have any participation reqs in BARVE, though I try and make the "holy poo poo, get in fleet" ops, but after ten months of them I'm getting fatigued

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

reddit is still a thing, TEST are renters now

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

TEST took a look at what goons were pumping out during Rorqual madness & thought they could do it better. They were very, very wrong

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Cast_No_Shadow posted:

A months sub has increased about 5x and that's tied to real world money.

But I guess 5x inflation probably makes sense for the rest of the space pixles

they increased the sub to £15.99, and yet neither my main account nor my three alt accounts pay that much and are still paying the old price

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Elchimpster posted:

I cant even make 20m/h in 2023. I am bad

Edit* and who decided we needed to play minesweeper to hack a can?

get to null, get a myrm or vexor NI with tech 2 drones, find a forsaken hub, collect about 35m an hour (plus a bit more if you MTU the loot and salvage the wrecks)

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

yeah, gurmistas (come back video games) salvage is garbo but it will still sell in Jita. My main spins in an ishtar while my alts spin in myrms and if a dread spawns I sacrifice one so I can solo it in said Ishtar

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

that does sort of ring a bell, back when I had four characters over three accounts and it was a lot easier to keep track of this poo poo. Meanwhile, I'm totally going to spin up a fifth account for more mining barges

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Elchimpster posted:

Ive seen something about a drone beacon? Is that the new version of sanctums?

I think you mean CRAB beacons which are a site the player starts rather than warps to

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I used to read The Weekend Web religiously before stumping up for the forums

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Elchimpster posted:

Lord have mercy is that what all that stuff is? I watched a couple videos on CRAB beacons after reading about them here. Now my suggested youtube videos are some guy named briscrubble or something and a guy named markserectus, no idea whats going on

Brisc is EVE's most perpetually smug yet thin-skinned mouth piece, and believes Mittani did nothing wrong. Mark is the replacement for Mittani on The Meta Show

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Kazinsal posted:

iirc brisc is a real world low level republican politican so you can imagine what listening to him talk for hours is like

he's a maritime union lobbyist iirc, which is weird because while it's good he's a union man, he also gets really loving mad if you even slightly question him on anything

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Elchimpster posted:

Does goose or prism ever throw capitals around? Ive got like 3 dreads at V plus t2 guns for each, and somehow the joke dread is considered the best? What happened to moros and rev superiority?

navy dreads are the new hotness

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Elchimpster posted:

No kidding, also the idea of jumping 2 gates to get from alsavoinen to hpa sounds amazing. Maybe npc 0.0 closer to dronelands?

Gobbins will not be pleased

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

psilocybin laden posted:

apparently all the timers in the north repaired?? nice form no form give your balls a tug

i wish we'd get another "world war"

i did shoot some fraternity gonks today

FRAT can't really do a lot in EU TZ without PanFam support, and timer fatigue works both ways

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

how is that any different to Elysium at any point in history?

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I built some things. Now I just need to grab some Navy Dread BPCs

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

gonna make my money making navy dreads, but gently caress me it would be easier if pyerite was easier to obtain in null

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I've always wanted to daytrip into a hole to make some dank iskies, but good lord trying to find any sort of reliable guide for someone who doesn't know where the gently caress to start

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Ashy put up a basic passive drake fit that was good for C2s, but then Ashy did the thing so their blog is now permanently offline

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

so there's no bounties, just drop an mtu then scoop the loot?

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

During Beeitnam, INIT. blew up about 90b of HACs in one bombing run, then later that same day sent 145b of HACs to the graveyard on the same gate (though the battle report links in that article are dead now). I also remember being in a cerb fleet led by Apple Pear which got deleted by bombers on a gate

ShaneMacGowansTeeth fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Oct 5, 2023

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Didn't DBRB try a bombing run once and ended up deleting his bomber fleet instead?

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

goddamnit

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Any ship with the Bioresponder/whatever the gently caress the skins are from the current Project Discovery and the BARVE logo looks cool

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Ulesi posted:

But then you have to get cancer from doing Project Discovery. I'm level 50something and just can't stomach it anymore.

I don't know how many levels I have across my alts, but I have a full set on my main, and as soon as I got that, I absolutely stopped doing it

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Someone warped in and nicked the ESS of my ratting system yesterday, but they were doing it on a stream with no delay or UI blurring whatsoever. It was even remotely competent I would have done something about it but *effort* and *skills*

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Elukka posted:

A flash of blue light, thousands of troops came to meet each other

not going to lie, I really like that

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

quote:

(goons) brought all their poo poo, up to titans, here to clear out everything in/around our stagings a while back
(goons) can do it again. clearly they don't want to or there is some kind of agreement in place for them not to.
so we just feed into ihubs for the next two years until the shoe drop somewhere.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

someone in BARVE. I couldn't decide what was dumber: the insinuation that Asher should yeet his coalition's entire super fleet to Fade whenever FART and PHORDE toast our sov, or that there is some super secret agreement for that *not* to happen. My suggestion that Jinx and SFC should just fold B2 into Imperium because that was essentially what was being asked didn't go down well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think some people in the coalition are just getting very fatigued at almost constant CTA pings and just wish FART and PHORDE would gently caress off and take on someone their own size like GEWNS. But the fact that FART have only taken two iHubs in almost a year is badge of honour