Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010
I am in a reasonably sized faction warfare group.
If you join it and are a shitter, you will most likely get a DM from me asking you if we are the right group for you and then you will probably decide to leave quite promptly.

There are plenty of non shitter groups out there, don't settle for less.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010

ded posted:

is it test? it is isn't it

No Sir! Nothing to do with any null blocs

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010
Had a bit of fun today in FW land today, setting off quite a chain of events

For those that don't know FW, every few hours you get a plex spawn that pays up to 150000k LP per person and usually everyone rushes to do them. They always spawn after DT.

Today an FC decided to ignore the DT spawns to plex a specific system, so off minmil went to collect easy LP.

Meanwhile, we started running Listening Posts (mini krab beacons for FW) and eventually minmil spotted us on their way home from the battlefield they completed.

They leeroyed their kitchen sink fleet into our kitchen sink fleet and everyone kinda died and went to reship.

We spotted an open plex (any ship can enter) so decided to get some more firepower prepared.

I had a battleship lying around and 2 alts in a guardian, so I figured I'd go be bait.

Minmil decided to escalate and warp a Phoenix to the open (quite rare for FW) and we held it whilst we put a couple of dreads on ourselves...

https://zkillboard.com/kill/112325473/

It promptly died and unbeknownst to us at that moment, seemed to set off a few intel channels...

We correctly assumed minmil would reform into HACs, so we did the same. We had a bit further to travel so minmil got in the plex first. Oddly with many of their fleet left behind in staging so we sensed some kind of bait.

Fortuitously, 5 Vargurs unrelated to FW took the bait and Minmil immediately responded with a Zirn escalation.

We figured we needed to start moving ASAP and by the time we reached destination multiple BIGAB dreads were on grid.

There seems to be a new era of FW in light of the pirate announcements where min and amarr mils would prefer to work together to keep pirates at bay

We offered our help to minmatar and they politely declined, we decided to travel anyway as we can of course still shoot everyone and in the space of 1j minmil changed their tune and said come help!

This led to a pretty fun engagement and we manged to kill a fax along with some dreads.

https://br.evetools.org/br/652a985af2fe2705d565d67b

During the fight, another group of pirates came to help, along with a streamer fleet who also decided to dunk on bigab.

Granted, a BR of 150 vs 75 isn't the most impressive thing in the world but we had fun as we don't get to beat BIGAB often.

Intact, following that fight one of the pirate groups invited us to help defend a few timers against bigab, I missed most of the fleet, but seems bigab avenged their earlier losses

https://br.evetools.org/br/652b2adeda82cc06a1b8e1af

That being said, all 3 timers were saved so that was good as well, at least, until on the last structure one of the pirates pressed jump instead of bridge

https://zkillboard.com/kill/112338364/

Thanks for listening to my TED talk on the fun you can have in low sec

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

ya we (bigab) didnt kill the structure that the Great Jutsu TFI Feed of 2023 was over because we were on the way back from killing this https://zkillboard.com/kill/112336057/, so we had to stick a bash dread on the jutsu athanor last minute, and king dipshit seddow forgot to cycle the torps on his bashing phoenix, so it repaired

90% loot drop, nice work.

So did JUTSU lose a titan for no reason at all?

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010
The tfis were sirekur, the titan was gukarla

I knew the gukarla dread left it late and had to deal with the titan so was the non torp cycle in sirekur whilst you guys ate tfis?

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010

Elchimpster posted:

Excellent write up Armadillo, was one of yalls impromptu allies the space hobos? I have seen them around solitude recently

Friend of a friend. In that specific BR the space hobos toons are all one person multiboxing all the toons. The main is LETUSDIG

I think he was in Jutsu for a bit and previously in minmil so well connected if something is going down in the area.

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010
I hope none of you were helping SRS in Irnin tonight!

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010

Elchimpster posted:

Got another write up for us?
Oh and anyone got advice for reinforcing athanors with 2 characters? Im thinking about using 2 marauders instead of a dread. Theyre kind of expensive these days.
I have begun fueding with some russians and Id like to do some infrastructure trolling.

Can't help with the athanors but I'll write up what I am aware of in Irnin.

This is a story about high sec war deccers getting their comeuppance. If you don't know who SRS are, they are the the equivalent of groups like BLACK FLAG who camp the pipe to market hubs. In this instance, SRS operate around the Amarr trade hub.

According to SRS themselves, they targeted us because we had a idiot... member who liked to run high sec missions from the amarr trade hub in this: https://zkillboard.com/kill/108751661/
Amusingly, this particular guy was on my hit list because he was never in fleets, discord, comms etc. (I thought he was a spy) The loss mail prompted me to DM him to ask him if he was able to engage with the corp, was finding everything ok and he elected to leave instead. I believe he was a really weird spy but I'll never know :D

Anyway, we would occasionally bait them and beat them up to try and get them to drop the war dec. https://zkillboard.com/kill/109277596/ but it just wasnt working.
That's when I decided to go on their discord and find out whats up and they said 1. they spotted the Marshall and 2. One of our guys called them high sec losers when we were baiting them so they decided to retain the war dec.

We are a pretty new bro friendly outfit and have people who go to Amarr on their mains (despite our hauling service, grr!) and I kinda wanted to get rid of this war dec for their sakes. Over time I have been invited into many anti pirate discords,but these usually turn out to be disgruntled people who cant really do anything. Eventually I get a DM from a member of DECOY who said they and Dead Terrorists are going to turn up with a thicc battleship fleet so if we can support that would be cool.

I think this newly formed coalition planned to shoot MSF, who are some other local pirate war deccers, get rid of that war, then isolate SRS but they lost a fight to MSF (I thought we were never going to shake the war dec at this point!!)

Eventually, I get a message that DECOY have managed to get phorde on board and an armor timer has been made on the SRS Fort.

Due to the high sec mechanics, you can only logi your own alliance so we just went in Jackdaws, essentially to whore on kill mails :D

Turned out to be quite a large grid, Horde came in tempests, goons/init came in vagabonds, FRT came in tornados.
As far as I'm aware, I think Tempest did most of the Armor timer, but eventually lost the horrible tidi fight to goons and FRT, the good news was that Goons finished the timer off anyway.

Here is the BR:
https://br.evetools.org/br/652fb3a0f31f5d0abe50804a

I would say the columns are 1. the pirates, 2. people who just showed up 3. People I was aware of coming with the intention to shoot pirates

Overall, lots of ships died and a hull timer was made. SRS committed their Megas once Horde vs Goons vs FRT seemed to finish, but the DECOY/DT leshaks melted them and then they carried on finishing the job.

Fast forward to yesterday, the hull timer comes straight out, a bit later than the armor one which was tricky for our primarily EU coalition. We had info that Horde were 50/50 as they had a null op to attend but eventually we got info that they had pinged for the high sec timer, great news!

It wasnt quite as busy this time

https://br.evetools.org/br/652f0d21483c230a390ce7d1

But critically, the job got done: https://zkillboard.com/kill/112417893/

If you've managed to keep up with my ramblings, then you might spot that the last BR is dominated by MSF, not SRS. Something that was a bit weird going through all this was that SRS kept moving war decs between backup alliances. Not sure if this was to perpetuate war decs after they lost the fort or a failed attempt to exploit the situation in some way. The other thing they did was move all their toons into MSF in order to logi each other through the fight

I suppose the lesson for me is that we should offer a war assist on someone fighting MSF next time as we didnt have a lot to do other than shoot a few missiles at the fort

But we were all pleased to see it die and we will see if we get a new war dec in a couple of weeks time I guess.

angry armadillo fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Oct 18, 2023

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010
That's the conclusion we came to also. We have 1 war Dec left which should expire in the next hour or 2. Hopefully we became enough of a bother and they ignore us

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010

Elukka posted:

I wanted to drive an alt in a DST into Frat staging for replacement ships at some point since I'm spending quite a lot of time there, but you can't share mobile depots, nor jettison them into space to be picked up, so there'd be no way to fit them. :negative:

Can there be multiple depots in the fleet hanger of your DST (not sure what you are doing, but if you have enough for people to warp to you and help themselves?)

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010
If you are interested in FW and EUTZ, Amarr run publicly open cheap roams on a near daily basis.
Either roll an alt or directly enlist, then ask for the militia discord link to get pings.

They p much end up messing around on minmil staging undock and fight whatever comes out of it most of the time, it's good fun and no one cares who is coming or going if you dont like CTA pings

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010
I usually blops on ahbazon for fun then move haulers through

Sometimes there are people in local that thank you for scaring off the campers, it's funny

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010
I joined late, warped to FC, who was in a plex, so as its dead space landed in an odd position on the grid

Was quite obviously a massive fight going on so immediately bounced to a ping to think about how I was going to anchor up or work out a good align.

Noted I didn't get yellow boxed at all, I warped back, a bubble went up immediately and I thought uh oh gonna feed outside of logi range but actually managed to burn 70mm to anchor up without taking any hits and get on the last few kills

https://br.evetools.org/br/6559477ace63b4021ae7aed1

As far as i know, bigab dropped a dread on minmil in a plex, minmil took the bait and everyone tried to shoot bigab. Gf gf

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010
I left faction warfare and ended up in Brave. I've never lived in null before so I think at some point soon I will start to understand half of what you talk about ITT. Hurrah

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

why on earth would you do this

I'll quote this one but I'm answering everyone at once

I went from amarr to hanging out with a small gang type corp (still in amarr) who wanted to go Angels when that was released so I did that... the problem was everyone went Angels so we had loads of blues. My small gang friends were going to go back to Amarr to create more reds at which point Fl33t tapped them up with the promise of "content" in the form of their freshly declared war on CVA

I couldn't bring myself to go with because Fl33t just feed on purpose in the name of keeping up appearances in front of the nerds on the eve discord and at the same time some amarrian friends said we are going to null but we need 20 people to get a corp.

Tl;Dr- despite everyone's clear surprise about joining Brave, I still felt its a better option than fl33t haha

So far I'm enjoying it. Brave do seem to be new bro focused, if I get bored and want to fly bigger ships I guess I'm already half way to delve

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010
I accidently headshot the FC today.
We get some horde elite pvper who regularly brings 40 or so max range harpies and doesn't ever engage for a fight.

Went out to try and take him on, killed the first primary- assumed he would warp off so just figured yolo, shoot the fc, see if knocking off his shield makes him make a mistake... I didn't expect to knock off all his armour... and Hull.

Oops. I had an eye on his stream and he reshipped into a harpy in our system so he must have made someone eject and donate his ship. He was somewhat disheartened on his stream haha

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010

octan3 posted:

Sounds like Zigam

Got it in one, turns out whilst i thought I'd give him a love tap, he tried to warp through his own bubble and died

I got sent this

https://clips.twitch.tv/SmoothHonestAirGuitarVoHiYo-QGwHcSkBmaE0pglJ

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010

Sickening posted:

I see the TTC stuff is getting blown up, how did these things dissolve?

I think it went

Goons anchored a fort in the frt keepstar grid in catch
Anchoring timer didn't really get contested so imperium took this as a signal to burn catch and in turn,have been hitting a variety of things, which somehow extended into TTT assets.
Imperium haven't managed to significantly win any catch timers as they are generally CNTZ

But I guess the idea of killing something that can't be replaced motivated enough people to turn up today and bye bye Sotiyos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010
zigam actually undocked something bigger than a harpy last night (and most of it died) :O