Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

modern syndicate is pretty much just somewhere that larger groups come to be shot at by mongo the mechanic

some caldari RPers RP'd so hard that the constellation the aas hole graces is now caldari sovereignty

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

EVE Online is a lot like the fictional setting of "universal century gundam." There are no good governments. Everything is morally ambiguous like any space war.

But much like the spacenoid and earthnoid newtype heroes of this fictional setting, we can choose not to fly with people named "shekelstein"

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Yeah, why can't the space guilds RP something fun like ba'athism instead?

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

A Bad King posted:

The EVE thread could theoretically be good for folks returning to the classic game that evokes positive memories for them in their late XX's.

Anybody who has positive memories of this hell is deeply, deeply diseased.

I hope that helps you on your eve online journey!

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

A Bad King posted:

You've never opened up a relic can to find 23 intact armor plates. :cheers:

Okay, I've changed my position.

I have made a transaction in the marketplace of ideas.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

ragnar is in the goonwaffe discord? y i k e s

do not speak the names of evil things unless you wish to conjure them

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

at least karmafleet is actually goons you idiots

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

hailthefish posted:

but like, for real, just do it. what are they gonna do?

probably spin up an alliance named "the goon sworm imperium" without a hint of irony and keep on with all their cult stuff

edit: eve online btw

Rudeboy Detective fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Dec 4, 2023

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Greg Haza posted:

Well said. I actively look for lovely behaviour in my role as sig-l of Theta and it just isn't there. Anything that comes close is dealt with quickly and efficiently.

sabaka, Inyalowda

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

twigplant posted:

Lol come on. While Theta's better than it was even just two years ago and certainly light years better than ~the old days~, tolerating people like Whale Sex and Bratac and anyone else who used to chime in on the "drag queens are pedophiles, transgender is a mental illness" discussions in the politics/news channel in Theta Discord - probably Not An Arsonist and Juan Zezole and some others - isn't really indicative of the behavior not being there. It's there. You, Ragnar, and Dawn (and Magnuum? there's someone else) actively choose to not do anything about it. You guys didn't even ban Bratac after he made that pants-on-head threat against me and my kid iirc - Dawn just shuttered the politics channel and dusted her hands of it. Allowing Onebeloo back around is also actively choosing to look the other way.

They are probably posting screenshots of this post right now and jerking off about how they've epic troll'd the woke SA fake goons. Hope this helps!

Thank god some of these people aren't utterly unavoidable presences in goonwaffe. A lot of the complaints against modern gsf seem to boil down to the abundance of unplucked low hanging fruit.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Greg Haza posted:

We're allowing you there with some unpopular/bad-take opinions on things too, actively looking the other way.
Culture and societies evolve with the culture and the society as a whole. Please don't pretend to be the singular moral compass of a community when you have probably said/done much worse than a good portion of that community.

A $10 well spent imo

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

This is EVE

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

What's the good FW faction and where/how do I get into honourable spaceship combat once joining?

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

I think maybe the SA poster ragnar has been mistaken for the world famous goonfleet weirdo and "#1 source of that abstract feeling of existential discomfort you can't quite put your finger on" ragnar

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Because of their larger cargo bay, the non-combat interceptors still have a niche role of delivering very important mobile depots to your posting foe's staging system.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Cease to Hope posted:

oh that's why they tolerated xenuria for so long. they confused CSM for CSAM

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Elchimpster posted:

I think my subscription coincides with deppression

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

froody guy posted:

EVE Online 2024: This place is best shunned and left uninhabited.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

eve online btw

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

This is why we fight...

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

eve online btw

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Personally I think this person should be applauded for separating like one GSF publord from 15mil ISK on those fighters.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

froody guy posted:

What a better way to kickstart the new year than getting scammed by :ccp: with their MCT megaoffer!! Glad I bought only 6 on an account where I need to use em because, although the plan was to send 4 of them to other accounts...

... turns out they're non transferable :sassargh:

true edit: totally my fault by the way, I should have read the rules in Bio better.

I very politely asked CCP support to transfer a few MCT tokens to another account once and they did.

I was also transferring a character between the two accounts, which might have gotten me over the line.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

eve online, tender and mild

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

why on earth would you do this

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

yeah, baby, yeah

very groovy

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

do not play eve online

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

A Bad King posted:

Curse is uh.... Amarr.

The Amarr neuting rude boy.

Skanid victor

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Xolve posted:

I can't believe this needs to be said, but here we go anyway:

Don't get your loving alliance logo tattooed on you

Don't get the actual progression of alliance logos tattooed on you

so this is goonfleet 2024, huh?

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

I resisted the new launcher until today and having to pre-select which character I'm going to howl into the empty void of syndicate with beforehand seems like a step back imo

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

i will annihilate the goons...

war is coming,,,,
watch out...

-baron zevon von nietzhe-shapiro of the forge

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

paraphrasing a ping from our fearless leader Dceet, but geese are back in the fold. we're taking a constellation in period basis and should be integrated into the coalition services shortly. glad to be back!

gently caress, is it April already?

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

I can't believe I fell for this clever ruse

you have made an enemy for life

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

let us all join in a moment of silence dedicated to those who play eve online

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

thank you, mystical blessings

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

for the horde

dabu

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

I bet there isn't any very creepy metadata collection or worse being done with all those third party tools the big nullblocs maintain

it's a great idea to install any "application" made by a nullbloc onto your PC computer

edit: the truth is out there

Rudeboy Detective fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Mar 1, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

we can't really say as fact that eve and dbz do not share a universe