Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
banned for CBT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Rhymenoserous posted:

It was like when LF got shuttered.

indeed, it would have no effect whatsoever other than the fact that the world's worst posters would post about it like it's important

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

PathAsc posted:

As much as I know I should sell my dread I really don't want to, it has ~memories~ attached to it.

every unique and irreplaceable ship can be turned into a unique and irreplaceable killmail and nobody can ever take the latter away

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Elukka posted:

Like I said, I play with people I know. I named my own group, as well as a public group with a stated policy. I don't have hands on experience with the latter because I play games with people I actually like.

You're the one making an exceptional claim here. What you're asking me to prove is kind of the obvious truth? Are you claiming decent people who don't tolerate bigotry, or for that matter minorities who are discriminated against essentially don't actually exist in Eve, or are all somehow in your group? Because that's what it would take for it to be true for decent groups to be vanishingly rare.

i think the misunderstanding is that people thought you were talking about existing orgs that didn't have shitters rather than "find people you like and play with them"

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

psilocybin laden posted:

here's some silly OC

(it's me trying to convince nemah to give me cap keys)

i appreciate that it is lowercase

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

psilocybin laden posted:

>log into eve online
>go on battleship class vessel fleet
>"load tremor"
>lose 80+% of our dps because we're "sniping with tfis with tremor"
>be the first to get primaried off the field
>instant relief

tremor is bad!!! sitting at max range with your ship sucks poo poo!!!! stop doing it!!!

we have quote tags here you know

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Elukka posted:

(though I guess if half the universe is blue to you we gotta watch who we shoot)

why

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Elukka posted:

I dunno I had the impression people in alliances care about that sort of thing.

why

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

canceronline posted:

Let's say, hypothetically, that one has played EVE for years. Let's also say, that this individual was part of Goons for ages, and always wanted to be in Goonwaffe. Finally, let's say this r word also payed for an SA account in the vain hope of being accepted into Goonwaffe. What would the hypothetical odds of this individual being accepted into GEWNs be?

Cease to Hope fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Nov 2, 2023

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Das Butterbrot posted:

that's true for a lot of games though. theres a big discrepancy in hearing someone's stories about dwarf fortress and seeing what the game actually looks like. same for p much all traditional roguelikes. that doesn't make those games worse imo, just more abstract than your typical "press button, see reaction" action game.

like dwarf fortress, people exaggerate how difficult it is to understand what's going on, too

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Control Volume posted:

Wahts a pubbie

idk what's a pubbie with you

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
it's not like a container is gonna gank anyone

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
leaving a harmless and funny joke alone even if it is at their expense strikes me as more characteristic of goons than of pubbies

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Groggy nard posted:

Haven't even checked reddit but lol wtf even loving happened to Imperium, I left pretty much right after Mittani ditched his Wife for Videogames.

he developed a terminal case of Divorced Guy

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
why do you post like this

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Mr. Grinch posted:

posts his fleet videos set to T swift

i thought you were telling everyone why he sucks

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

OneEightHundred posted:

It's just dumb cause the whole reason nullsec alliances are nullsec alliances is they don't want to live in lowsec, but apparently they should have to be forming fleets multiple times daily in lowsec to defend their gold-plated loot pinatas so their logistics don't shut down entirely? Yeah ok.

this sounds like they wanted to lowsec groups to have a profitable export at the cost of having to defend said pinatas

doesn't seem like it worked

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

psilocybin laden posted:

there's like a dozen goons left in GSF, and a lot of people think they are goons despite never regging here and get REAL mad about it when you tell them they're just pubbies Which they loving are.

i know this is from a few pages back but kinda lol that the imperium has followed the same course as the original one

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Elukka posted:

Someone at CCP is smuggling obscure old planes into the ship designs and I'm here for it. The Hecate is the most obvious one since it's an old school flying wing.

The Algos is built around a Tupolev TB-3.

the tupolev TB-3 looks like any cargo or bomber or passenger plane from the 1930s but with a slightly boatlike nose, so not much like that Eve ship

the algos is dengar's spaceship backwards

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Nyan Bread posted:

We need to make a CSM for Vabgruad pronto so it becomes the best drat space sim shooter in the Everse.

oh that's why they tolerated xenuria for so long. they confused CSM for CSAM

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
it seems to be an aci for goonfuckers

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
wouldn't you poo poo in the lake

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Erulisse posted:

and earth is round

eppure una merda