Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.
:honk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Local is always primary when geese are around :honk:

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

andromache posted:

- get a pap

lol

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

andromache posted:

- get a pap

lmao

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

the key is to :justpost:

you may feel that you need to put effort or care into your posts, to make them something truly special that people will enjoy reading

this is a trap, however, that will get in the way of :justpost:ing

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

feedmegin posted:

Hang on Elusif 'BUY MY EVE GOLD' is still up to his old tricks?

Not anymore :haw:

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

ded posted:

you logged in

you fool

you moron

self destruct your ships
set password to gibberish
you won eve online

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

psilocybin laden posted:

tbf they would get smashed when they are on, too - some people have had the idea of limiting how much can be on a grid through a gate or whatever but that has a host of its own problems

heres my shitpost for the day

reverse adms, the more you use up a system, the more vulnerable it is so small groups who cant use their space it's harder to crack and have longer to defend it and big groups have easy to crack space but plenty of members to defend it in a small amount of time

would just result in the bigger groups spreading out even more to lower how much each system gets used

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

goose logo when???

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

floppyspud posted:

Why goons still don’t have one is beyond me.

not a member of gsf but i imagine the reason is "because its funny to watch idiots get dunked on"

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

apseudonym posted:

Cool I'm in that discord but one of my RL friends that I played Eve with mentioned they had sov now so I wasn't sure.

we've recently settled a c5 WR. we've started doing pve fleets to pump isk into our coffers and have plans to start doing pvp out of that hole too. the sov deffo does exist but goose leadership philosophy* is that the game is meant to be fun and their job is to offer fun things to do, not tell you what you have to do.

*I'm not goose leadership but this is what theyve said

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Wormholes are great and more people should hang out in them

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

so there's no bounties, just drop an mtu then scoop the loot?

nothing quite like the thrill of flying a blockade runner with 3.5b in blue loot from a 10 person fleet that you need to get to a station to sell, and knowing that if you get popped youll have to find a way to pay people out of pocket :v:

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

finally got to take the polarized redeemer out for a spin last night and holy poo poo is that loving fun

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

big shout out and thanks to the homies who have been showing up to my money printing fleets. ive been saving up that isk to buy us a roam fleet :getin:

psilocybin laden posted:

if some director dipshit is acting like a dipshit because he is self-absorbed, then tell him such. There's no need to worry about backlash.
If a bunch of pubbie shitters start white knighting because he's important, tell them to gently caress off too.

diplos exist to smooth over blue shooting. honestly if youre not shooting blues then youre putting their jobs at risk for lack of work.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Cast_No_Shadow posted:

Shoot blues tell vile rat

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

How does someone like that not just get trolled the gently caress out of the group?

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

i dont even feel alive anymore unless im moving 4b+ in an untanked br

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

https://zkillboard.com/kill/112612617/

aggressed on a gate, shooting bubbles with missiles... and only missiles. no drones in space or in the cargohold. i dont make good decisions in this silly game, but jfc what was this person thinking

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

canceronline posted:

Let's say, hypothetically, that one has played EVE for years. Let's also say, that this individual was part of Goons for ages, and always wanted to be in Goonwaffe. Finally, let's say this r word also payed for an SA account in the vain hope of being accepted into Goonwaffe. What would the hypothetical odds of this individual being accepted into GEWNs be?

you need to make your fyad intro post first

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Eyud posted:

The guy narrating that video is almost as tedious as playing Eve Online, no thanks

the only problem i had with his delivery was the way he said "fiat currency" every time he mentioned real money. idk if this guys a crypto weirdo or what but every time he said fiat it seemed like he loving hated the concept

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Kaysette posted:

Carriers are great for rolling big holes.

:hmmyes:

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Cactus Ghost posted:

how do i get into a hole

are you a chud who likes saying gamer words and edgelord "humor"? if so, i have no advice

are you a chill person who wants to do silly things in space without taking stuff too seriously? look into joining geese

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

would the apparently only two remaining big null blocks kindly go to war with each other so that i can 3rd party them in bombers? thanks in advance

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

finally managed to use a cap for something other than rolling a hole (evacing stuff from a disused station) and managed to do just about everything wrong except getting caught. I remember starting playing in 2013 and seeing all the big giant ships and thinking "oh boy i can wait until i can fly one of those awesome ships:shobon:" and now the thought of buying one is a solid "lol, lmao"

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

ragedx posted:

I don't think you could ever really get rid of all that on the internet.

ive never heard a goose use a gamer word, and geese leadership are open about the fact that anyone who does will get :commissar:

turns out you just need to value decency more than bloc size, set standards, and stick with em :honk:

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Dieting Hippo posted:

:honk: sup whole squid

imagine not having hole violence, the precursor to whole squid, in your corp history 😂

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMu42uUbWYg

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

The Bible posted:

I enjoy mining but rats are often in the system (F7-ICZ). What is a good ship to train into to clear them out?

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Everybody loves cute goose antics :shobon:

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Cease to Hope posted:

leaving a harmless and funny joke alone even if it is at their expense strikes me as more characteristic of goons than of pubbies

right, which is why its so weird that its still there in pubswarm federation space

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

1dq by Christmas

You can just fly there whenever. They mostly just ignore you and the handful that don't are really bad at landing tackle. You can just spam jettison cans with funny names all day basically:honk:

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

grumps I was on that fleet

unless your in game name is the same as (or very similar to) your forums name then i dont know who anyone is :(

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

:rip: synde

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Drone posted:

Might check out Goosefleet then. I've never done wormhole stuff at all besides poking my head in and exploring, and null bloc life is boring as gently caress imo.

That and I've already asset safety'd my poo poo out of Delve anyway.

GOOSEFLEET!

Pros: zero bigotry allowed, get to :honk: in local, cute goose antics

cons: you may find yourself actually excited to log into eve online

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

akma posted:

Single sentence tl;dr please.

ayn rand was as lovely at writing as she was being a decent person

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

i was told there would be a cap escalation fight and managed to get myself into the staging system and into a dread in time. i was all excited to use a cap for something other than just rolling holes and it ended up just being an uncontested structure bash:negative:

was still fun tho, got to use siege and fire xl guns for the first time:shobon:

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Sickening posted:

So the last few days of playing in the imperium has been quite of bit of fun casual racism with a mix of "i can't reply to any questions without being a massive dickbag at all times". Its been real.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

ive been on the quest to try to figure out a fast, somewhat tanky combat scanning tackle ship and this was the best i could come up with

code:
[Jackdaw, combat scanner tackle]

Damage Control II
Power Diagnostic System II
Micro Auxiliary Power Core II

5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Warp Scrambler II
Multispectrum Shield Hardener II
Republic Fleet Medium Shield Extender
Republic Fleet Medium Shield Extender

Sisters Expanded Probe Launcher, Sisters Combat Scanner Probe
Light Missile Launcher II, Mjolnir Fury Light Missile

Small EM Shield Reinforcer II
Small Core Defense Field Extender II
Small Core Defense Field Extender II

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

trip report:

fun lil boat, will deffo be flying them in the future

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

ZombieLenin posted:

I will just put this here;

Thanks for proving my point. I do not really give a poo poo about your hot take. This has not been my experience at all, but thanks for telling me all about what my perspective and experience should be based on your feelings on the subject matter of my eve online experience.

You seem a lot more upset by people pointing out that leadership tolerates lovely behavior than by the lovely behavior itself, hth my dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Sixto Lezcano posted:

I like jackdaws because they can combat probe and they align very quick and they look really cool when they fold up into prop mode. Jackdaws are good and cheap you can just throw them around like whee

yeah this was my experience last night, fly around in prop mode, drop combats, land on a vexor and grab em then switch to defense while honking in local and your buddies warp to you