Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not An Arsonist
May 5, 2014

It was on fire when I got here
Meet the new thread. Same as the old thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not An Arsonist
May 5, 2014

pyrometer posted:

Hey so I just skilled into a Zirnitra(its a loving TRIANGLE DREAD!) and I can't wait to get into a capital fight with the enemy so I can OWN THE OTHER SIDE. What have you fellow eve online enthusiasts been skilling into in this AMAZING internet spaceship game? Also any really decent people I can get in game to be real friends and not total drama obsessed losers? Asking for a friend. tia

Bless you for posting about Internet spaceships in these troubled pages

Not An Arsonist
May 5, 2014

froody guy posted:

What happened to that most awesome human being and his 20+ alts that every single fappin day was logging in all his alts 1 min after dt and light up his cyno chain all over our Keepstars and let everyone use his fleet?

You speak of the legendary HypnoToad. There may be more to it, but to my understanding they kept at it until cyno mechanics changed. Gone are the days where you could strap a basic cyno to a cheap industrial and keep the beacons lit for hours on end. Nowadays you require a recon ship to light such a cyno, which is a much larger investment per inevitable loss. After this change took effect, it became understandably more challenging to keep such a fleet of 20+ recon ships with cynos lit and safe without going broke in the process. And so they retired.

They are still around and active. And though i'm not certain if they are still responsible, there remains a safe cyno fleet for the 1DQ1-A home keepstar, with the citadel itself donated by, dedicated to, and kept in memory of HypnoToad and their cyno fleet.

Not An Arsonist
May 5, 2014

Cast_No_Shadow posted:

Post the dumbest fits you have that can technically work.

I don't have pyfa since I'm on mobile but you can put 3x sensor damps on a caracle navy and pretend your an Orthrus for 1/10th the price.

When rust is life but those light-powered doohickeys can be pretty neat :v:

[Rifter, Immitation Slicer]
Photonic Upgraded Co-Processor
Fourier Compact Tracking Enhancer
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II

5MN Cold-Gas Enduring Microwarpdrive
J5 Enduring Warp Disruptor
Eutectic Compact Cap Recharger

Small Focused Pulse Laser II

Small Energy Locus Coordinator II
Small Energy Locus Coordinator II
Small Ancillary Current Router I

Scorch S x3
Nanite Repair Paste x20

Not An Arsonist
May 5, 2014

OneEightHundred posted:

I think even new ones fall into the same type of filtering as bookmarks inside of the sun, where even if you try to warp to a positional bookmark inside of the sun, it will set your warp destination point to somewhere else.

In a time before :ccp: implemented no fun zones, some clever nerd managed to create a few bookmarks in the the center of Jita's sun. It was a funky sight, and if you approached the very center of the sun itself it would yeet you away at ludicrous speeds anywhere from a few seconds to many minutes, depending on the mass of your ship. I recall sending a freighter to the center and it was a good 10 minutes before i could finally get aligned for warp again.