Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

twigplant posted:

Sure. Anyone wanna talk about that CCP survey that went out instead? What are everyone's feelings on things like "inclusion" and "not making this game an acid bath experience for women?"

I think actual inclusion is fine. I also think that the modern trend of what is considered "inclusion" to be toxic as poo poo.

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

twigplant posted:

What's the difference between actual inclusion and modern "inclusion?"

I would consider actual inclusion to be leaving everyone the gently caress alone and letting them live the way they want to. This recent trend of "You disagree with X small thing means you're a bigot and we hate you" is just ludicrous.

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Kaysette posted:

That’s not even remotely what inclusion means.

What is inclusion if not allowing everyone to just do their thing?

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Furnok Dorn posted:

you have a diaper full of indian food for a brain

I've yet to get an answer to the question.

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Furnok Dorn posted:

maybe if you blow that dog whistle a little harder eventually everyone around you will respect you

How is anything I've said even remotely a dog whistle? I've literally said that everyone should be allowed to do their thing and be left alone in the process. What about that statement bothers you so much?

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

dragonshardz posted:

Would you, perhaps, say that woke culture has gone too far?

Not necessarily, in some ways yes but in others I think it's made much needed progress.

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Furnok Dorn posted:

*extremely ben shapiro voice* actually,

I think Shapiro is a blabbering idiot most of the time.

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Dieting Hippo posted:

what's an example of the X in this equation?

The X I was referring to would be the state of Floridas ban on teaching about sex to kids below third grade in a school setting. That sounds reasonable to me and I got some major backlash on that one.

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Balthusdire posted:

most of the time

Yes most of the time. To say that someone is universally wrong 100% of the time is just an ignorant position to take. Every single person, whether I like or dislike them, is both right sometimes and wrong sometimes.

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Furnok Dorn posted:

its like youre going super saiyan in the least cool and dorkiest way possible

like if instead of the dope blonde hair goku gets you spontaneously grew a vestigial subscription to breitbart

I find brietbart laughable at best, and shameful at worst, with how they skew their reporting to the right.

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Baculus posted:

this is the eve thread sir are you on drugs

I made what I thought was a pretty reasonable statement to a post about inclusion in eve and it turned into this rofl.

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Balthusdire posted:

Breitbart skews to the right in the same way that a railway tie shoved through your body lengthwise causes a bit of trauma.

Which is what I said.

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Baculus posted:

smear more poo poo on your face tbh

Y'all are some majorly angry people. Touch grass.

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

ThePoliticsDipshit posted:

i, jay derkin, think that ben shapiro is good and i want to kiss him on the mouth

Interesting that you came to that conclusion based on anything I've said.

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Solus posted:

Shut up dipshit

No

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
The amount of rage and ripping my posts out of context is rather entertaining.

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

gay jerkin posted:

you may not like it, but this is peak sexy

I am delighted to have angered you so much that you spent $20 to post that. Thank you.

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

hailthefish posted:

shush stop giving him excuses to avoid answering the question

The question being?

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Ah, the "what does this have to do with being too inclusive", that's precisely what I'm getting at. To be called a bigot over my view of the FL poo poo is something that makes no sense to me, that does not mean I hate anyone, or even hold negative views of anyone. I've been told that my view on that topic is harmful to LGBTQ people and pushes them out of the equation. I fail to see how that is in any way harmful to their community or even affects it. Like at all. If that is what people view as "inclusion" then it is very much outside of what I've ever considered the word to mean.

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

twigplant posted:

It's a much broader ban than that fwiw. It's a ban on any mention of gender identity or sexual orientation.

That's a bunch of Shakespeare gone. Can't talk about Matthew Shepherd. It doesn't really specify gay, so I guess you can't mention that marriage should be between a man and a woman either, or heterosexual relationships. Saying "I'm married" would run afoul of this as well. They wrote it deliberately vague, but the boards involved are gonna be like "Well of course you can mention 'boys' and 'girls,' not doing that would be ridiculous" and "Well if course the male teacher can mention his marriage to a woman. But the other male teacher who's mentioned his marriage to a man, that's mentioning sexual orientation." The nebulous nature of the law put into place was on purpose; it's not some bug. They want to be able to enforce it selectively. Is any of this clicking?

I guess I largely just fail to see why that has any place in a pre 3rd grade classroom to begin with? You're laying the foundation of a good education, why does the teacher need to be giving their views on sexuality at all? I don't think a teacher should be talking about their personal life with their students, doesn't matter if they're gay or straight. My teachers never once did that and it didn't negatively affect my education.

I do very much have an issue with selective enforcement, and if that is the case then the people doing said selective enforcement should face consequences.

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Rhymenoserous posted:

Thanks for fielding the serious talk twig, as a broader member of the LGBQTIA+ community my first reaction is to make fun of this guy for being obtuse and stupid.

I don't think I've even brought up the LGBT community outside of one reference to things I've been accused of. I fully believe that you guys should be treated identically to everyone else on the planet. I would say that's a fair position to take?

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Rhymenoserous posted:

People existing isn’t a viewpoint shitstain.

I haven't denied anyones existence, I simply don't think that sexuality has a place in a pre third grade classroom.

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

hailthefish posted:

but that's still absolutely nothing to do with why your response to someone asking about CCP's inclusion/not scaring off the ladies survey was "modern inclusion is toxic and has gone too far"

You've missed my point like 5 times. The point is that "modern inclusion" seems to bring in topics that are well outside of what I would consider inclusion to be. I don't think both gay and straight people being told to not talk about their sexuality to children in a school setting is preventing anyone from being included in society. There's a time and a place for everything, the classroom at that grade level, in my opinion, is not it.

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Rhymenoserous posted:

Then you disagree with the Florida issue you are busy championing moron.

I don't disagree with the law, but if it's being selectively enforced then I absolutely disagree with the enforcement.

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Rhymenoserous posted:

The entire point of the law is to make it illegal for a school teacher to say, admit he has a husband to his class, or have a picture of his family on his desk. It’s dehumanizing and you suck.

Teachers should go to school to teach, nothing more and nothing less. I couldn't possibly care less if a teacher is gay or not, but I don't see the need for any teacher to be talking about their personal life with students, sexuality need not apply.

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Fajita Queen posted:

I'm going to drop a nuclear bomb on your house.

That's nice.

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Baculus posted:

No comment on the Gak/Floam/Fubber sexual allegations?

I have absolutely no idea what any of that even means.

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

hailthefish posted:

surely the foundation of a good education also involves socialization and understanding of the world in general, no? how old do you think kids should have to be before they find out that gay people exist? that some of their classmates might have two moms or two dads and that's okay? or do you just think it's actually not okay?

I think that realization comes naturally with age and with socializing with those around them. I simply don't think that it should be a conversation facilitated by teachers discussing personal matters with their students. Social issues absolutely have a place in the classroom, but that's something I would reserve for children above the third grade as it's a rather complex subject that merits a lot of discussion. Pre 3rd should largely be building a solid foundation to be able to discuss more in-depth topics later on.

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

hailthefish posted:

what does that have to do with icelandic video game developer crowd control productions and their spaceship mmo eve online? surely the two must be related somehow, you're the one who brought it up.

Yes, because I've been told that my view on that is somehow related to the modern definition of inclusion, which I think has been stretched out to encompass things far beyond what I would consider to be inclusion. Thus my statement on what I think to be "actual inclusion" as opposed to "modern inclusion".

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Baculus posted:

ugh gently caress please post something interesting or coherent we're doing a lot of work to make you seem vastly more cogent and fun than you are loving hell

Are you just going to keep raging until I agree with you or something? I'm attempting to have actual discussion.

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Rhymenoserous posted:

Student: sees picture of traditional family on desk: “Who’s that?”

Teacher: my wife I love her a lot

Student: sees picture of non traditional family on desk: “Who’s that”

Gay Teacher: I’m not allowed to say

Congratulations on creating an underclass

The fact that you don’t understand childhood inquisitiveness or normal human interaction makes me wonder if you are one of those Reddit goons haunting this forum to annoy me.

Yeah except that's a made up scenario based on a law that doesn't single anyone out. Which circles back to if its being enforced selectively then that's a major problem. I don't think we disagree on that, yet you repeatedly ignore me wholeheartedly agreeing with you on enforcement.

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Rhymenoserous posted:

You and I both know that law isn’t going to be enforced in the way you want it. Don’t be loving obtuse.

The whole point of the law is to completely remove sexuality and personal matters from K-3 education. I see zero reason that it won't be followed by straight teachers. If I was an LGBT parent and got word that a straight teacher was ignoring the law that an LGBT teacher was expected to follow I would raise hell until that teacher faced consequences, and rightfully so.

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Fajita Queen posted:

Do not sincerely engage with the dipshit that's gonna eat a permaban as soon as an admin wakes up

That's not very nice.

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Baculus posted:

so obtuse my dick only fits inside a jar of gak

What is a gak?

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Solus posted:

Experimenting with AI

Maybe I was the AI all along, but we will never know.

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

twigplant posted:

it's been expanded through high school. what's the justification for that?

Yikes if it's been expanded through high school that's beyond hosed and I have a major problem with that.

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Baculus posted:

you have google and conceivably youre not so loving fidget-spinner-addled you probably noticed it when you were a kid. like grow the gently caress up. adding an article improperly after seeing its a proper noun to make it seem really exotic or foreign to you is sooooo loving low effort. are you gonna pivot to "TWAS A PRANKE" now?

you give dipshits a terrible name. :(

I legit don't know what a gak is and I don't care enough to actually go look.

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Rhymenoserous posted:

I honestly don’t know if you are just brilliantly naive or the dumbest person that’s ever blathered his way into the collective goon crosshairs or a mix of both. That is not the whole point of the law, the entire point of the law was to dehumanize gays without openly saying “hey we’re trying to gently caress the gays and not in the way they like” just the same as sodomy laws.

This is Lee Atwater’s southern strategy only this time it’s gays instead of blacks, it’s literally the same loving poo poo AGAIN and rubes like you bumble into it every loving time.

If people disagree with the law at is core being enforced fairly at face value then fair game, but to just sit back and assume its being unfairly enforced seems to be blind assumption at best. The internet exists, if violations are happening make it well known and demand meaningful change. If it's found to be generally unfairly enforced then repeal that poo poo. As far as I'm concerned if fairly enforced its reasonable legislation, if it is actually provably being unfairly enforced then repeal that poo poo as its nothing but harmful.

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

twigplant posted:

oh my god i literally like don't even read the news on purpose and i still knew that somehow. why are you arguing about poo poo you're not keeping up with? nvm i know the answer to this

In all honesty I took a break from news cycles a few weeks back, was tired of the constant cycle of depressing poo poo. The florida bill had been well established for months and I had no idea it had been expanded. With this new information, that I just double checked and it's honestly mind blowing, gently caress the law and repeal that poo poo. What I considered to be reasonable at a K-3 level is absolutely ludicrous to be expanded to high school.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

twigplant posted:

there is a 0% chance it'll be fairly enforced. hth. what're you doing here?

Honestly after seeing that it was expanded to a high school level, which to me shows clear as day that this is simply an attack on LGBT teachers, I agree with you. It's beyond bullshit to expand the original law. You were right on the intent. I gave it the benefit of the doubt and was clearly mistaken.