Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

andromache posted:

In the past year I’ve been running the corp, I’ve only had to execute two people. One was a deranged australian who didn’t believe the gays/pedos had any right to govern christians

If you are like this just save yourself the grief and join ANZA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

twigplant posted:

What's the difference between actual inclusion and modern "inclusion?"

One of them he likes one of them he doesnt

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

:munch:

never change, eve thread, never change…

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Jay Derkin posted:

I would consider actual inclusion to be leaving everyone the gently caress alone and letting them live the way they want to. This recent trend of "You disagree with X small thing means you're a bigot and we hate you" is just ludicrous.

Inclusion means the opposite of leaving people alone

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Jay Derkin posted:

You've missed my point like 5 times. The point is that "modern inclusion" seems to bring in topics that are well outside of what I would consider inclusion to be.

floppyspud posted:

One of them he likes one of them he doesnt

Like what? You have literally 0 arguments you are saying nothing

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Jay Derkin posted:

Are you just going to keep raging until I agree with you or something? I'm attempting to have actual discussion.

Nobody wants to argue with you, theyre just shitposting.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Solus posted:

Experimenting with AI
:perfect:

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Libluini posted:

OK, I'm feeling a bit weird here, but I wanted to post about EVE, so I'm gonna ignore the dipshit posting drama going on.

Recently, I gave in to addiction and revived one of my old accounts again. I then spend an entire evening unfucking my awful overview and working on fits.

Can I say I love the Anathema? The little flying egg is the only covert-ops I could give some guns and tackle without compromising my exploration fits.

And needlejacks are the best. Sure, wormholes are great, too. But nothing beats the simplicity of taking your explorer and just beaming yourself to a random part of the map.

And then preparing a safe spot and logging out, because you spend all the free time of your day on overview settings. :lol:

Congrats on being the only person in this thread talking about the game

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Mekchu posted:

mintchip was not bad at all and everyone freaking out over her then and later on are insane

i want to say there was an eve group for girls only, but i can't remember the name of it off hand. think it may have been a slack channel on one of the player ran slack groups or whatever theyre called

If you’re thinking of the GSF sig, thats called sirenswarm

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

it's furniture, but for men

He shouldve tried selling deodorant instead, wouldve made fanfest more bearable.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Also, have you tried Elder Scrolls Online? Its what ive been doing recently, since winning eve like 3 months ago.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

imperiusdamian posted:

I was hoping to try PLEXing my account from playing as an alpha clone.

Sadly it seems I'm too lazy and/or spend too much time at work, to do so.

Dont try that. You will just burn out and you will accomplish nothing. Just pay foe your sub for a couple years until you can actually make that kind of money.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

imperiusdamian posted:

third hands are mutant hands? Why didn't anybody tell me this before I grew one?

Don’t worry its normal, they just hate fun

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

FirstnameLastname posted:

use the ttc in perimeter

That may be a bit difficult now

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

I met a SPORK guy doing amarr plexes, after it finished i dmed him “wanna do the other novice now?” And then we spent the rest of the evening grinding plexes. It was fun, even if we didn’t talk much it did take the edge off of the grind.

Stopped playing not long after, but i think i friended him so maybe we shall see each other again someday.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Elukka posted:

Honestly most people I meet and talk to aren't toxic at all. Your mileage may vary, my experience is mostly small gang stuff in null and elsewhere.

Its always just a few bad apples, they just tend to naturally congregate and make it look worse than it really is.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

twigplant posted:

and as we all know, the saying is "a few bad apples and there's nothing to worry about, the rest are fine probably"

Im not saying theres nothing to worry about, im saying that (hopefully) a large majority of eve players are not lovely people.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

dragonshardz posted:

from a bcd to a ddd

Buoyancy control device?

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

PathAsc posted:

Bad conduct discharge?

Bolt circle diameter?

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

PathAsc posted:

Brave coalition detritus

Binary-coded decimal?

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

ChickenWing posted:

v cool of you all to start a new eve thread so I don't have to care about the last 5000 unread posts I had in the last thread (caring about evethread posts is a bad habit, I know), and then immediately start the thread off with the condensed version of whatever the gently caress was happening in the last thread. It's like I never left :allears:

Waiter, bring me another banned poster!

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Wibla posted:

We're all out :colbert:

Surely not. Isn’t this the fabled eve thread?

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Elchimpster posted:

A friend of mine who won eve a long time ago sponsored my SA account to get into goonfleet in like 2012. 120milsp main and 50milsp alt. Have plenty of assets and 1 super left. I came back for a year in 2019 when they did the blackout and lived in a c5. Any advice for returning player? Groons are not active in syndicate anymore and thats who I ran with the most.

Which area of space are you most interested in?

E: also where is your super, if its still in null you might wanna get that out by joining whichever group owns that space (if its safe in low ignore this part)

floppyspud fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Sep 12, 2023

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Elchimpster posted:

Yes I have it in a safe place for now, as far as space to live goes I have been re learning the game in solitude.
I have been interested in sov null but have never done it since 2009 right before drone wars

You can look into goonwaffe for big bloc or goosefleet for smaller stuff. They both have threads in PGS and are both good and pretty incomparable in terms of fun.

Another edit: hint hint if you wanna use your super you should probably join a bloc or a group that drops them a lot like anti krab coalition.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Elchimpster posted:

Thanks for the advice, Ill check out the threads. J4g still frowned on in 2023 Im assuming?

Yeah, you might have some trouble joining either with no posts, if you cant get into waffe you can join amok or karmafleet until you get some posts under your belt, then switch corps.

If you cant join goosefleet, then the only thing i can suggest is :justpost:

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Keisari posted:

Become a part of the Something Awful community.

This is the best piece of advice, and look around outside of the eve thread, theres loads of cool poo poo here. You like any other games? Cars? Makeup? Books? Star wars? Emo music? Photoshop?

As someone who was in the same position (as you can tell by my relatively new account) this is really the best you can do.

Or just j4g and get laughed at thats fine too.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

How many reddit chuds automatically decided she was guilty because she deleted her characters

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Sickening posted:

The salvage and loot are more than the bounties even before tax last time i checked. Gallente hauler + a local station to reprocesses into minerals is a good chunk of isk.

It depends on the race of rats youre fighting, blood raider or angel its definitely worth it, but guristas or serp probably dont bother.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Elchimpster posted:

Hmm, are the abyss sites comperable to sleeper sites?
Those seem kind of interesting and desirable. Seems I could pop a filament in solitude and not have to worry about my astrahus being killed in a wormhole or probing every time I want to play

No, other than them being very hard they are polar opposites, primarily in that sleeper sites are the same every time, and the abyss is as random as possible.

floppyspud fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Sep 15, 2023

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

I also joined for the great fuckening in july and the eve thread, i still mostly post in the eve thread and lurk elsewhere.

I am peak j4g.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Elchimpster posted:

Any advice for dealing with the interduction nullifier mod? How does a dictor pilot counter this? Or just accept it like on old cloaky tengus?

A bad pilot or someone not in a ceptor? Use a drag/stop bubble on the exit as well as a bubble directly on the entrance gate. A good pilot you will really struggle with, people who spend a lot of time on with expensive poo poo in nullified ceptors will be nearly impossible to catch in space theyre familiar with. Ie if youre trying to catch blazers, probably dont bother.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Hezzy posted:

Join Moosearmy. We constantly drop caps, supers and blops on people and upset Horde FCs

https://zkillboard.com/kill/111659737/

We also have a tough recruitment screening process and don't have any bad people in corp.

If youre more pve inclined i can confirm that Dragon. Are super chill and there is no bullshit allowed. They have very good rented space in cobalt edge with a great mining buyback system (especially for ice, which would be impossible to sell up there other wise) and you’re still an ESI member so you still get access to normal horde content with the best umbrella in the game.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Im pretty sure sun tzu warned about this in his ‘The Art of War,’ anyone got a source?

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

FRAT can't really do a lot in EU TZ without PanFam support, and timer fatigue works both ways

How many handjobs does noraus give to gobbins per week to keep horde as his personal mercenary alliance?

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Kaysette posted:

time zone tanking is real and awful

Is it worse than the alternative of smaller groups getting smashed by bigger groups when theyre not on? How could ccp counter both?

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

DARPA posted:

ADM upkeep penalty when outside the timer window.

mmmmm… what do you mean? Like the adm goes down faster when its not in the ihubs time window? That doesnt address structure timers, unless you want to tie structure timers to ihubs, and even then i really couldn’t see that being a big deal for blocs who can easily rat up the adms anyways. That seems far more likely to harm small groups who may already struggle with them than anything.

Even if it somehow was significant enough to effect blocs and yet not kill off small groups (impossible) it wouldnt change timezone tanking in any way, because then youre just giving them even more power in their chosen time. Besides, it just makes it easier to attack the ihub, when most of the time spent is burning down structures.

I reckon doing something with the adm is a good start, but not whatever i think you meant.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Libluini posted:

One possibility could be a balance factor the game calculates based on number of pilots, combined total wealth (ships, modules, money, etc.), combined total skill points and a heavy modificator based on if they have people online or not, and make that balance factor adjust what the bigger group can do to the smaller group.

Like, if the bigger group is 10x+ stronger according to the BF, structures of the weaker group suddenly can't be destroyed, if it gets even more uneven, the weaker group doesn't take damage anymore, etc.

Would be a neat way to just discard all those weird timers everywhere.

Thats an interesting idea, but sounds like people would find a way around it or to abuse it. And if its giving complete or significant amounts of invulnerability at scale then people definitely will.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

grumplestiltzkin posted:

would just result in the bigger groups spreading out even more to lower how much each system gets used

Its… actually not the worst idea, surprisingly. Id say null blocs trying to actually take some space is better than them sitting in their fortresses and never moving, plus many alliances probably already have enough space to negate that. Also its effect on renting would be interesting, now i like renting, but it definitely would add another layer to it.

I hope there is some ccp community person with an sa account to see all our brilliant ideas

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

psilocybin laden posted:

d name posters are good sometimes actually

messed up if true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

salartarium posted:

Remove damage caps, add new tiers of defensive fittings.

Ban everyone whos name starts with D