Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dirac Fourier
Aug 14, 2023
This is some of the coolest stuff I've seen in EVE in a long time. I wonder if we will get new Deathless ships later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI-_qHbM07E

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirac Fourier
Aug 14, 2023
So if you travel to the fulcrum and jump into a war clone, you get to do some PVE FPS activity? That sounds pretty cool to me.

Dirac Fourier
Aug 14, 2023

Andohz posted:

Wormholes are great because the only space chore is scanning out chains and it's heaven compared to grinding ADMs.

My brother and I are living alone in a C4. It has C3 and C2 statics. We mostly ignore the C2's and farm the C3's. It's really nice, chill content. Huffing gas sites, pirate relic sites, C3 combat anomalies and the occasional ghost site... seems like there's always something to do.

Dirac Fourier
Aug 14, 2023
The best bombing run I ever went on was led by wheniaminspace. Flawless execution by the pizza master.

Second best was when nobody in TEST leadership bothered to tell silentmajority that PL was showing up to our timer to help TEST, and we bombed their fleet off the field.

Dirac Fourier
Aug 14, 2023
Why did they put carbon in the box anyway? Those zaney blood raiders!

Dirac Fourier
Aug 14, 2023
I’ve never seen a missile ship gank anyone though. Is that a thing now?

Dirac Fourier
Aug 14, 2023
I scored a free megathron today.

I was hanging out in a C3 wormhole that I found in my low sec hood. Shout out to my goon bros that live in the neighborhood. Watching the other connections in the C3, and a megathron comes in from the null sec connection. I asked the guy if he's rolling it, and he said yes. I told him I won't bother him, and I've been watching the other connections with my alts so I think nobody else is in the C3.

So he proceeds to roll the hole, and I'm watching him go back and forth while I'm on a call for work. He eventually gets trapped in the C3, and I see his megathron on dscan, so I message him to ask if he needs help getting out. He said he already self destructed his pod, but thanks anyway. Not sure why he left his megathron, but I probed it down and took it home.

Dirac Fourier
Aug 14, 2023
Wow, a six hour EVE documentary? That's just my game. I live for the slow burn storytelling. Going to get started now.

Dirac Fourier
Aug 14, 2023

Baron of Bad News posted:

Wormholes are cool and fun. Much easier and more chill than you would think at first glance. Also, you can make a lot of money in a wormhole. Even enough to potentially stop paying CCP real money to keep your membership.

Yea, my brother and I have been living in a C4 for most of the year. Except for a praxis I lost while I was drunk and a venture I lost while I was asleep, nobody has messed with me.

Dirac Fourier
Aug 14, 2023

Dirac Wormhole Newb Fourier posted:

Yea, my brother and I have been living in a C4 for most of the year. Except for a praxis I lost while I was drunk and a venture I lost while I was asleep, nobody has messed with me.

Helpimscared posted:

Has this more or less 'always' been the case or is it the result of PCU having gone down over the years (or both)?

Not sure, I only started living in wormholes this year after playing EVE for many years. Hopefully someone else will answer your question. I would like to know as well.

Dirac Fourier
Aug 14, 2023

Elchimpster posted:

I actually found my c4 quite relaxing. I could run barracks in about 10 minutes each and never saw a soul.
I think their reputation greatly lowers attempted evictions as well

I just tried a railgun Kronos for the first time this morning on three frontier barracks in a C4. Cleared each site in 10 minutes and didn't need to use my MJD. C4 is a pretty good fit for me because they get ignored and I am ok with the PVE content there.

Dirac Fourier
Aug 14, 2023

Elchimpster posted:

Have you tried a blaster kronos? I am considering it for c4s but was concerned about spawn distances

Not yet but I will soon. Maybe blasters will be ok on frontier barracks because the spawns weren’t too far away. Idk about frontier command posts. My brother was telling the spawns are further out on that one so maybe stuck with rails there. Rails performed pretty well for me though. I would be ok to keep using rails.

Dirac Fourier
Aug 14, 2023

BounceBanana posted:

If you feel the character is worthless to you, I hear some people will pay a premium for characters with a really old birth date on the bazaar. I'd still just keep it myself, but it's an idea.

That's pretty cool. I have two characters born in 2007 that I never really got going. They both have less than 1M SP and never left the NPC corp. One of them doesn't even have a portrait on the login screen.

Dirac Fourier
Aug 14, 2023

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

you'd have to ask Jay

Who is Jay?

Dirac Fourier
Aug 14, 2023
I capped a 5 man guristas site in 15 minutes and it gave me 31k LP. Seems like a lot.

Dirac Fourier
Aug 14, 2023
Leaking code for tools seems like not a big deal to me. Dumping and leaking the database that the tool used would have been a big deal. Seems like that didn't happen? Maybe someone did a good job controlling/revoking database access as needed.

Dirac Fourier
Aug 14, 2023

Potato Salad posted:

are they actually chasing the console dragon or are they just going to put the thing on a goddamn PC this time

It’s on PC. I heard it will launch as a separate game initially from the EVE launcher

Dirac Fourier
Aug 14, 2023

Lorem ipsum posted:

I've been issued an eviction notice from my corp for the crime of talking to other corps in the alliance

... snip

rofl and lmao

Big time Cobra Kai vibes from the corp description

Corporation: Comply or Die
> We do not train to be merciful here, mercy is for the weak. A man confronts you in space he is your enemy. An enemy deserves no mercy.

Dirac Fourier
Aug 14, 2023
Did anyone try the vanguard play test today? I was invited and attempted it on my Linux box with wine. It didn’t work for me probably because of wine issues. The anti cheat client seemed to fail to initialize while entering a battleground.

Dirac Fourier
Aug 14, 2023

froody guy posted:

What distro are you using? I'm with Nobara and EVE (on Steam) works like a champ. But no anti cheat thing in EVE so :shrug:

I'm using Debian. I use Lutris to launch EVE, and I use Steam for everything else. EVE has always worked fine for me on Linux with Wine, but I couldn't get Vanguard to work 100%. It's ok though, it was just a play test. I think it will work after release.

Dirac Fourier
Aug 14, 2023
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8k6MSwMvDQ

SCOPE video on Jay's shenanigans. This video makes me want walking in stations to come back... except in a way where we can leave our rooms.

Dirac Fourier
Aug 14, 2023
Happy new year, Eve goon bros. I was evicted from my wormhole yesterday.. kind of. It was like a soft eviction. They came in and stood up two towers and cleared out some dead towers. They never shot my POS, but they wouldn't talk to me, and I figured the hole isn't big enough for all of us, so I evacuated while they were asleep. I'm looking for a new C4 to resume my quiet wormhole life.

Dirac Fourier
Aug 14, 2023

Elchimpster posted:

You would be suprised how many other groups may be willing to co-habitate.
Twice I rented out PI and structure rights to smaller groups. Once I tired of those holes and moved on I simply sold them my structures.

They may have been open to it, but they had like 20 dudes. My brother and I were living in this C4 together and we were able to pretty casually farm the combat anoms in the C4 and clear the occasional good C3 that popped up. I don't really know how larger groups can share wormholes because it seems like there's not enough content to go around. I guess they spend a lot of time rolling holes, but I would hate to do that often.

Dirac Fourier
Aug 14, 2023
The board game has me thinking about an EVE Netrunner mashup. Maybe someday...

Dirac Fourier
Aug 14, 2023
New launcher was rolled out and it's broken on Linux. About to have a nice meltdown over this poo poo!

Dirac Fourier
Aug 14, 2023

Rudeboy Detective posted:

I resisted the new launcher until today and having to pre-select which character I'm going to howl into the empty void of syndicate with beforehand seems like a step back imo

The new launcher has a setting where it will prompt you to select the character when the game loads... but you still have to select a character from the launcher to launch the game lols

Dirac Fourier
Aug 14, 2023
My brother and I are now running three accounts each with characters split between a C3 and a C4 wormhole. We have alphas parked in unoccupied C3 and C4 holes for when we get evicted. I think this is pretty much endgame EVE for me because I’ve never seen an unoccupied C5 and I don’t anticipate that I would join a corp for C5/C6 access. Feels weird to be done with EVE. Not sure what comes next.

Dirac Fourier
Aug 14, 2023

A Bad King posted:

I love that lifestyle! I want to emulate it some time soon, but the setup in this game involves clicking so many darn buttons if you want to make a hole a home, and I dread clicking buttons.

Click. Click. Click. Click. Wait. Click. Click. Drag. Click. Wait. Click. Click. Wait. The gameplay we all crave.

It’s pretty good. There’s almost always something to do between the two wormholes. We just live out of POS’s with SMA’s and modest defenses.

Dirac Fourier
Aug 14, 2023
My EVE head cannon on the Earthly origin of the factions:

Gallente: French speaking Western European libertarians

Caldari: Asian cyberpunk mega corporation workers

Amarr: Americans that love Jesus, lasers and slave labor

Minmatar: African freedom fighters

Dirac Fourier
Aug 14, 2023
A group that evicted me and my brother from our last C4 wormhole a few months ago found us in our new C4 wormhole and they are threatening to evict us again. I saw them log off a seed in the new C4 (C3/C2 statics) after they talked some trash to my brother. The old C4 (C4/C1 statics) is objectively worse so I think the invasion imminent. Their Astrahus is still anchored in their old C4. I know because I left a seed there to check it periodically, but I have otherwise left them alone. I don't think they have considered the possibility that we still have access to the old C4 and that we would continue to have access to the new C4. The CEO actually seems like a really low IQ person based on my brief conversations with him. My brother and I have tentatively agreed on this plan of action:

1. Preemptively hire mercs to destroy the evicting corp's Astrahus in the old C4.
2. This will inevitably prompt an invasion in the new C4.
3. We will defend with our home defense doctrine, but I expect that we will lose because it's probably going to be our Praxi vs. their Marauders. Numbers will be comparable though. They seem to have 4 players. We have 2 but we multibox up to 6.
4. We lose our POS, but we remain in the new C4 for months harassing them.
5. We eventually bug out to a different unoccupied C4 (C2/C4 statics) which I have had seeded for some time.

Nice meltdown?

Dirac Fourier
Aug 14, 2023

Dirac Fourier posted:

A group that evicted me and my brother from our last C4 wormhole a few months ago found us in our new C4 wormhole and they are threatening to evict us again. I saw them log off a seed in the new C4 (C3/C2 statics) after they talked some trash to my brother. The old C4 (C4/C1 statics) is objectively worse so I think the invasion imminent. Their Astrahus is still anchored in their old C4. I know because I left a seed there to check it periodically, but I have otherwise left them alone. I don't think they have considered the possibility that we still have access to the old C4 and that we would continue to have access to the new C4. The CEO actually seems like a really low IQ person based on my brief conversations with him. My brother and I have tentatively agreed on this plan of action:

1. Preemptively hire mercs to destroy the evicting corp's Astrahus in the old C4.
2. This will inevitably prompt an invasion in the new C4.
3. We will defend with our home defense doctrine, but I expect that we will lose because it's probably going to be our Praxi vs. their Marauders. Numbers will be comparable though. They seem to have 4 players. We have 2 but we multibox up to 6.
4. We lose our POS, but we remain in the new C4 for months harassing them.
5. We eventually bug out to a different unoccupied C4 (C2/C4 statics) which I have had seeded for some time.

Nice meltdown?

Well this all played out last week. The merc corp we hired ended up being a nice group and they formed at 4am their time to bash the Astrahus in the old C4. The other guys didn't show up to the fight even though they said they would. A few days after their stuff was destroyed, their CEO and a few of the active players joined some high class wormhole group. They never used their seed in our C4, and we eventually moved into our next C4 home anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirac Fourier
Aug 14, 2023
I like PI. I make 5 mil per planet per day in a wormhole and I all do is reset extractor programs and haul loot out.