Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

World's Strongest Smelly Hobo
Wormholes are great because the only space chore is scanning out chains and it's heaven compared to grinding ADMs.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

Dirac Fourier posted:

My brother and I are living alone in a C4. It has C3 and C2 statics. We mostly ignore the C2's and farm the C3's. It's really nice, chill content. Huffing gas sites, pirate relic sites, C3 combat anomalies and the occasional ghost site... seems like there's always something to do.

C2 is a great way to get a HS connection, just roll until you get a C2 with a HS static and you're golden. Ours is a C5 static meaning we get to roll until we find a C5 connected to something other than the C5 highway.

EDIT: but yeah, the new-day, new-chain thing is why I'm still playing tbh. Whatever happened yesterday is in the past.

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

CCP finally managed to get our logo in the game :goose:

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

angry armadillo posted:

If you've managed to keep up with my ramblings, then you might spot that the last BR is dominated by MSF, not SRS. Something that was a bit weird going through all this was that SRS kept moving war decs between backup alliances. Not sure if this was to perpetuate war decs after they lost the fort or a failed attempt to exploit the situation in some way

I was told this was so they could keep the wardec going, we're already wardecced by the new alliance. Gotta make the most of the 90% pvp drop event.

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

Mr.Fuzzywig posted:

How's the FW scene? I've heard it's been a little more active but I told myself I I try this horrid game one more time it wouldn't be nullsec ever again

You're gonna be able to FW as pirate factions soon (coming this month afaik) so that's fun. I didn't mesh well with FW myself but from what others have said they've enjoyed it and you seem to be able to start with very low SP and still have fun while training up for bigger ships.

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

I mean, Jita is the only HS trade hub that has any serious volume in most stuff, though Amarr is good for buy orders for wormhole stuff since it's weighted by having a bunch of systems.
Also, redfrog lets you get a freighter load to our rear end end of amarr from Jita for like 56m as long as the collateral is less than 1.5b

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

ClCADA posted:

I’m not one to put RL value on anything in game even though you know it. But, I wonder what the RL sentence would look like if you stole ~20K in RL assets lol

The difference is that in eve scamming is expressly allowed, in the real world it's not. So the IRL equivalent would be what would the sentence be for someone to taking something after someone toke them "you can take this if you want". Because it's EVE, not real life.

I would feel too bad to take it and would probably just stop playing instead (because I'm a nerd).

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

imperiusdamian posted:

I'm not even in a goony corp, lol... my main is in Absolute Order. I was just a little irritated that those guys deliberately left the wreck of my most expensive mining ship alone as bait... and then promptly shot my most expensive PvP ship when I came back to retrieve my losses!

I mean now you know why they did that :v:

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

The eve interface is very much like remoting into a VM at work that just happens to also be in space.

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

Why would melta sqad do this?

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

This is true, but I'd quite like to spin Myrms and Ishtars around rocks and shoot red crosses

But what if you spun sabres and catalysts around dumb-as-rocks instead?

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

floppyspud posted:

He’s talking about CRAB beacons

They added something new in the last patch to turn in some drone stuff, I thought it said you could find it in HS?

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

I have two characters that I skillfarm on and the amount of clicking for that alone makes me feel like it isn't worth it. And by the amount of complaining about clicking we heard every month when extracting/plexing time came I assumed he wasn't botting (that part).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

It's also been confirmed that the automated moon miners will be available in wormholes, so we can get that sweet sweet R4 goo I guess.