Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

This is the brand new thread for outlaying the general rules of the forum along with the expectations of admin (me) and video games moderators (see below) and any feedback you have about anything. Video Games follows the standard rules of general forum decency expected of the grey forums. More specific stuff is below.

General Rules of Video Games and Sub Fora

In regards to the above two rules, there is also an admin email address. It is forumadmins@somethingawful.com and it forwards all correspondence to the entire admin staff.

Please continue to report whatever you think needs reporting. I do not care how many reports there are. There is no such thing as too many reports and I would rather get hundreds of nothing than miss something glaring.

Something Awful Video Games forum moderator expectations

• Video Games has an open rules & feedback thread so if you have any feedback or want additional clarity about rules or moderator actions you see then hopefully the thread can help, or lead to productive discussion.

• The rules & feedback thread will never permanently be closed. There is no point to a moderator that is unwilling to explain their decisions to the community.

• Moderators do not dictate the culture or change the way the forum works. We are the riverbank helping posts flow freely.

• The rules are not hard rules and our hands are not tied. Context of posts matters most of all.

• The time for serious probations about mod sass should be behind us. Do not be abusive to any members of the forums.

• We love to talk about video games. The forum isn’t perfect, but that’s why we’ve got a feedback thread. The thread is always there. And more importantly it should be a place where we do occasionally make jokes or deviate after an important feedback. It does not need to be stuffy or rigid. Feedback is neither of those things, sometimes they are loose thoughts and talking about them brings them into alignment.

• Our decisions should be beneficial and wrong decisions can be fixed with proper attention and care. We should strive to minimize these errors.

• The more people who feel comfortable posting about what they love with excitement and can trust us to help keep it facilitating, then the more we can grin, enjoy posting and play video games.

The above is brand new and it was something we discussed for a while and devised with lots of help from former mod ShallNoiseUpon. Myself and the Mods are just posters with buttons, but if we have rules about how posters should conduct themselves, then we should equally have conduct that you can set expectations for. We believe the above helps with your expectations as well.

The Team

VIDEO GAMES ADMIN:
Me
(Looks after all Video and Trad Games and subs - please escalate here.)

Mods of Video Games, Retro Games, Mobile Games, PGS and Wow Goon Squad:
HopperUK
Kaysette
Mode 7

General IKs for WoW Goon Squad:
Disargeria
Siegkrow
Lord_Magmar

General IK for MMOHMO, PGS:
Astryl

General IKs for MMOHMO:
The Chairman
Waffleman_

Diablo 4 Thread:
Harrygomm

Our friendly IKs are able to hand out six hour probes for anything they feel is making games, retro games, mobile games or Wow Goon squad unfun to read. They cannot do anything higher or read reports.

Let's Play does sit under Video Games, but the mods and IKs are separate from here (with the exception of admin VG) so please refer to their rules thread for contacting the mods there.

Be well, enjoy posting and enjoy video gaming!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

30/08/2023
V1
- Brand New Thread Made.

31/08/2023
V1.001
- Updated word and grammar in last bulletpoint in mod expectations.
- Spotted spelling mistake in rules eventually, but like the word that way more and am leaving it as easter egg.
- Reworked changelog graphic into patch notes and updated layout of post.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
:hellyeah:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
gently caress the mods

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

gently caress the mods

Heck, he has a point!!

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Also, do we have a rival subforum?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Scholtz posted:

Also, do we have a rival subforum?

Kirby is in the op. Must have been hiding.

Yes, we do have a rival subforum.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
My god it's beautiful :stwoon:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Video games ftw.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

game

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

But what about... games

(Seriously though, nice work VG!)

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

:kirby:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Thanks Bovis!

Probably the best thing I have ever been able to do as admin. :)

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

My goldeneye cart had cheat codes enabled can I enable them to complete the mission of good posting?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Reading the D4 thread is Forums 00 Agent mode

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

OwlFancier posted:

My goldeneye cart had cheat codes enabled can I enable them to complete the mission of good posting?

Please turn off DK Mode, I'm stuck in my car

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Set modding mode to License to Kill where every probe becomes a ban

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Hint: it’s in one of the rules screenshots

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep
Trying to find the settings for DLTP (Dark License to Post)

all i find is this:

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

gently caress the mods

No don't!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Buddy,

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

nice op, op. how many times have you beat mgs4

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

ethanol posted:

nice op, op. how many times have you beat mgs4

i've beaten mgs4 at least three times

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Long Live the New Feedback

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Kirby is…

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

...?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

unbreakable

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

not crash

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

hey thanks for changing the rules, yeah.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

quote:

• The more people who feel comfortable posting about what they love with excited and can trust us to help keep it facilitating then the more we can grin, enjoy posting and play video games.

I think this is supposed to say "with excitement and can trust us to help keep facilitating it"? I'm very tired but I don't think that's why I couldn't understand this without reading it a few times.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

The rules changed? Where did they post the patch notes?

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

2023 really is an incredible year for gaming.
The GOTY thread this year is going to be wonderful.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

What in the fresh hell is this nonsense?

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

video games are Win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101: