Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Fajita Queen posted:

Please link the post

No, that's not what this thread is for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Feels Villeneuve posted:

We should probate anyone who admits to spending $500 on a console which does not have any games.

what about goons who spent $500 on a periphery for the $500 console that does not have any games.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Feels Villeneuve posted:

We should probate anyone who admits to spending $500 on a console which does not have any games.

Leave me alone!!!!!

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Probate anyone with a steam library with more than 10 games that have not been completed.

Ban anyone with a steam library with more than 5 games they have purchased but never launched.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I've never seen so many goons obsessed with how another goon spent their money. It's weird.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Just ban Mordiecius and we can call it a day

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

lol you spent money to join an internet forum??

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I have spent and made money in video games. Just like thhe monopoly man

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
can someone send me some money please

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
At least they're not spending their money on forum avatars

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Victorious Radia posted:

What are the odds of an S rank pull

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Victorious Radia posted:

Mario's got your back

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Feels Villeneuve posted:

They should, but they won’t. This post proves it as one of those sickos

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

The Dark Souls of Posters posted:

They should, but they won’t. This post proves it as one of those sickos

When will the mods do the right thing??

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
final fantasy 7 rebirth comes out on February

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

final fantasy 7 rebirth comes out on February

Indeed.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Can the feb chat thread get a sticky

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Fajita Queen posted:

Can the feb chat thread get a sticky

Yup, done.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

someone making fun of people for using a dub isnt worth a thread ban you weird freaks

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Metro 2033 taught me that dubs are fine

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

The only dub I need in my life is the King James Bible

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Scholtz posted:

The only dub I need in my life is Skrillex

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Stux posted:

someone making fun of people for using a dub isnt worth a thread ban you weird freaks

(dubbed voice) yes it is

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Nah, when somebody's One Joke runs its course but they keep trying it, they can go away.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
I mercifully don’t know what’s being talked about. See ya

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Paying2Lurk posted:

Nah, when somebody's One Joke runs its course but they keep trying it, they can go away.

this guy has a grudge over being called "clown", probably one of the most fragile people ever created

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Paying2Lurk posted:

You shut that sort of talk up before they decide to just delete the entire site

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Okay stux. Bye stux.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
stux is right

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Wasn't just for that post. Sometimes people just need to go away from a thread for a bit.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

why. do you think its going to destroy the fabric of the universe if someone posts two whole posts across two days. get a grip

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

VideoGames posted:

Threads are left to be more self policing and mods generally let discussions work themselves out. We view modding as something that should be for things that really truly impact threads and serious crimes and whatnot.

I do not think jokes should be probated unless they are slur laden and just purely offensive statements. I let a lot of stuff go because people disagreeing with each other is what gives us a discussion forum.

I also like that we have varied personalities amongst the regulars. I do not hand out many probes, because again I feel most of the threads I see are self policing enough. People can call stuff out and can argue and discuss. That sort of thing is not what moderators should be for. Now if the argument gets super heated and goes on for pages, then we will absolutely step in and do something, but most are done and dusted and require nothing.

I like that we have a whole range of varied posters with their styles and I know some can be inflammatory jokers but at the same time I would not want this place to be sanitised too much.

Some posters have 'character' and may be a bit larger than life and if they do go on a tear across multiple threads then they do get probed. Perhaps we are too lenient on certain things but I have felt that Games should have a bit of adventure and friction and that it is healthy to have a discussion space where people are opposed in opinion (as long as they are not the heinous kinds of things).

:D

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

No, I do not think it's going to destroy the fabric of the universe. I think that poster was trying to bait people into arguing, and want that to stop for a while. Looking through their post history in the thread, I saw a few occasions that looked like trying to bait arguments and being kinda lovely. It's not that big of a deal. I'm surprised you thought it was worth namecalling over.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

HopperUK posted:

No, I do not think it's going to destroy the fabric of the universe.

it might...

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

:negative:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

why should what you want have anything to do with it. ur here to get rid of genuinely insane people, thats it. you should click thru that vg post and read the whole enourmous post and have a think about why someone posting harmless nonsense at a rate of days per post deserved a thread ban while mega64 making his 1,000th freak sex joke got "pwwwweeeease stop" until people complained. stop being a moron

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Stux posted:

why should what you want have anything to do with it. ur here to get rid of genuinely insane people, thats it. you should click thru that vg post and read the whole enourmous post and have a think about why someone posting harmless nonsense at a rate of days per post deserved a thread ban while mega64 making his 1,000th freak sex joke got "pwwwweeeease stop" until people complained. stop being a moron

We should murder him with mallets and anvils

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i was thinking i would run him over with a car but that works too... i like the way you think.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Stux posted:

I mean it wasn't just 'what I want', that's not what I intended to imply. I was responding to reports from the thread. I always do think about moderation decisions but I don't expect everyone to agree with everything. I really don't consider thread bans to be that huge of a deal but if they're perceived as very serious I can rethink that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Didn't think people were reporting Dongicus, thought most people would just chuckle and move on with the convo. he was the only person who seemed to care about subs vs dubs these days and it seemed like a pretty benign bit