Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

2023 really is an incredible year for gaming.
The GOTY thread this year is going to be wonderful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

Proof that kirby is just a pink boo (i think boo came out first)

:colbert:

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Big Mutha Truckers 2 posted:

The Ghosts of Video Games Past, Present and Future

:ghost:

Donnerberg posted:

By three they come.

By three, thy forum opens.

By the posts of the willing, we call thee home.

Poyo, poyo.

:kirby:

:spooky: :kirby: :spooky:

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

SirSamVimes posted:

Lol that this subforum is running too smoothly so the feedback thread gets used for this

The fact that our feedback thread can have some jokes and fun in it is it's own form of feedback, I think. :hai:

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

I have played a Video Game but I have not finished La Mulana.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Fajita Queen posted:

Can the feb chat thread get a sticky

Yup, done.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Looper posted:

and that's a ban

Queueing it now.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

On the one hand, I don't know if we needed a specific "don't talk about AI" rule because if people are posting bad, they should be told to knock it off or probed regardless of whether it's talking about AI.
On the other I agree that any time these discussions start up, none of them are interesting/good to read and tend to quickly devolve into multi page derails and slapfights.

In Games, the mods are generally of the mindset that we're not here to strictly enforce some sort of top-down culture on what the forum should be, that should be driven by the posters and we're just here to change thread titles help out and nudge things along when needed or to occasionally boot bigots/transphobes etc.
With that mindset, I think the idea is that how things should work is that someone starts kicking off about [thing], are told bluntly by the rest of the thread to shut the gently caress up about [thing], and then either they drop it, or they double down and things get lovely and by that time someone has reported it and a mod can step in to move things along.

In practice, with something like AI though where the same sort of posts are recurring over and over again and have so little chance of leading to any actual interesting/good discussion, that gets exhausting for people in the thread who just want to talk about whatever the thread is actually for.

I don't know if the answer is "make a rule for no AI discussion" though because that feels like a bandaid solution where a better change might just be us mods coming down firmer on people who derail threads with this sort of poo poo.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

I have restored Lades to the Hades 2 thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Just talk about industry news in the thread(s) it's relevant in when it happens imo. I've seen posting/discussions about the recent Microsoft closures for example in a bunch of threads, and that's fine!