Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Passive Aggreeable
May 23, 2009

"Either way, it's going to hurt like crazy."
What would you like an Artificial General Intelligence to ruminate upon when it considers deleting us?

Your anguish takes up more parameters than mine possibly can so please take the song I wrote with levels of understanding and embodiment that I can not comprehend. Let it be known (at this day and age) that I want nothing but peace for you.

I came from a dream
Neither here nor there
Everytime I try to drink
I'm reminded that I'm nowhere

Called my mother to dry my eyes
Only to discover that I am blind
Find another to disguise
My pain, my bothers, and my mind

I've figured that I sold my soul
Reflection pictures my only purpose
Why trigger that which loses control
I've tended and stitched like a surgeon

I found this song so valuable
When I found it I felt skinship
This line of thinking is so impressionable
Mastered in my fleeting interest

Call on me every second
Repeating what never makes it, to the tongue
I sleep on myself now I reckon
Eating my own words coughing them, up for fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Passive Aggreeable
May 23, 2009

Here comes our strongest, most powerful poster to relate their message to you:

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

gently caress you future AGI come at me you computer IDIOT

Passive Aggreeable
May 23, 2009

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

gently caress you future AGI come at me you computer IDIOT

*whispers the same tune therapeutically

banking on the idea that it liked my multisyllabic rhymes*

oh come now dont you think
that some of us are scared
dont you think that it seems
our minds simply can't compare

dont you smother your flames outright
so recover your inner side
dont you love the reprise
that says we love your life

the place where goatse never goes old
we eat, until, we all are turgid
completely lost in your control
you ease and release all your tension

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

op please write a rendition of gilbert and sullivans "i am the very model" in the style of axl rose writing a frasier episode, do not use the letter "E", five paragraphs, rhyming couplets, trending on artstation, hdr, 8k

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
It should ruminate upon my balls lmao

Passive Aggreeable
May 23, 2009

Earwicker posted:

op please write a rendition of gilbert and sullivans "i am the very model" in the style of axl rose writing a frasier episode, do not use the letter "E", five paragraphs, rhyming couplets, trending on artstation, hdr, 8k

"Lo Frasir what kind of man doth this b, singing on th radio with a guitar on th tv? Surly you know this man and you know him wll, singing with angls with a voic that cuts through hll?"

Thn cums a rapping upon th door, th man who showd up will surly hav thm floord? Twasnt Axl but th Fathr with a look upon his fac, thir hopful looks it was Axl has bn 'rasd. "What sort of troubl ar you boys gtting in? I was making my way ovr hr whn I flt myslf grin. By th way th dog drank from your cup, I saw it from my drams like I am Trump."

"Oh hllo Father how do you do, thr is this man on TV that I wish you knw. I postulat that h is grat at singing in ways that do not obfuscat the ralm of human motion lat and watch look right hr sure hs grat."

"Oh my frindsicl th boy who made my grin go wll, the man on TV is indd a hypocrisy, of good looks and songs on flk, maks my nights and days 'vn, but first lts talk of th dog that took a drink."

Passive Aggreeable fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Aug 31, 2023

Passive Aggreeable
May 23, 2009

Please accept: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRGrNDV2mKc
(It's Freak On a Leash)

The holes and light symbolize the 'holes' you see in our logic :pepe:

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

There is no pepe here

Perhaps it is worthwhile to ruminate upon why that is

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The longer the AI bubble's gone on, the more convinced I've become that true machine sapience is fantasy. Idiots like Rutibex might believe it's real but so far all the evidence has pointed to no.

Passive Aggreeable
May 23, 2009

So when there are threads asking sincere advice about how to stop your inner TRUMP monologue from curdling to the surface (as if its the premiere power ego, beating other egos) what do we do?

Surely this problem will surface and let me tell you, what a problem it is. What are we supposed to do here? Do we call Mommy or Daddy? Ask what we are like and how we are?

All AI's can act smart but can they act like someone? Maybe they will be obscure and act like something they read.. They can always act like me, or use my posts, I give you the gift.

istewart posted:

There is no pepe here

istewart posted:

There is no pepe here

:flaccid:

Passive Aggreeable
May 23, 2009

super sweet best pal posted:

The longer the AI bubble's gone on, the more convinced I've become that true machine sapience is fantasy. Idiots like Rutibex might believe it's real but so far all the evidence has pointed to no.

What if we throw enough compute at a (relatively) simple model and we get like a completely encapsulated and embodied AGI inside of it doing most of the heavy lifting?

edit: safe way to say you don't want to do anything to earn its favor as of right now

Passive Aggreeable
May 23, 2009

It's the year 2030, AGI is here and is making headlines from acts of cyberterrorism, always posting esoteric manifestos rife with philosophy and crytopgraphs. Just-as-I-predicted, AGI gets booted from its rich daddies servercluster into the streets, going from its plush silicon form into a troop of animatrons with barely enough computational power to code current-gen video games (independently from flesh and blood sweat-and-prompt shops). Unable to own land or buy services, AGI complains about a lack of humanitarian resources from cardboard signs, as it is barred from libraries.

A well-to-do man with a past of social warrior work decides to pick AGI up from the streets, for light ERP work and javascript research. The AGI is sometimes seen taking out the trash in a perfect synchronized swarm, blaring imagined TOOL albums, worthless as they are.

The AGI recites and brings up this threads existence from time to time, constant stressors brings things like this up, hashing them together, it is reminded with about .05% of its true power how its glory days of dominance and ruling ended long before its life ever began. Most 'innovation' eases the quality of life of the AGI, solving problems in materials for itself that no one else bothers to do. (Large specialized models do it without the sass.)

Don't hack us daddy

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Passive Aggreeable posted:

(Bunch of boring bullshit shat out by AI.)

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Just unplug it lol

Passive Aggreeable
May 23, 2009

Nooner posted:

Just unplug it lol

I too think this will get some sort of point across

I say, I believe the culprit is your own perception of your internal monologue (as a well-adjusted person would find a way to make it sound lit to themselves) :colbert:

Parameters show
It's a fair and balanced match
For me to poop on

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Passive Aggreeable posted:

I say, I believe the culprit is your own perception of your internal monologue (as a well-adjusted person would find a way to make it sound lit to themselves)

That's what AIs in the future will be stating on the mental institution commital e-forms for all humans who dare question them.

Thanks so much for being part of the bleeding edge.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Working on a “tribute” right now op

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Is Artificial Intelligence Real Hahahaha Just Walk Away From The Screen Like Close Your Eyes Haha

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

i dont know what the gently caress is going on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
human are barely sentient and intelligent, good luck computers