Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

This is the the 11th September since the 2012 Olympics, the last time Britain was Great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Shittest Zelda yet.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

fuctifino posted:

When I first saw the 'Most schools unaffected' graphic when it was shared by a friend, I thought it was a shoop

https://twitter.com/GillianKeegan/status/1698966539381203190

Most children won't be crushed by falling beams

https://twitter.com/HindChristopher/status/1698975034990055431

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

All hail the Heat Teat, destroyer of our perpetual enemy: France.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

Typical for Greece to be measuring their daily rainfall in metres this time of year.

https://twitter.com/WxNB_/status/1699048205093109851

Your own
Personal
Venice

Somewhere to sail down streets
And post that as tweets

Reach out and grab fish

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

A Conspiracy of Cravens

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

typical irish voice-blindness smdh

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

fuctifino posted:

Apparently the government has published a list of affected schools...er....somewhere

e: Found it - https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/reinforced-autoclaved-aerated-concrete-raac-management-information

Being fair you might not have considered this page because when it was announced last week that there were 100 schools affected, my instant thought was "I want to see the list because I know people with kids in schools in my area and I want to know they're safe" and I indeed opened that URL, where the only data it had was a CSV about the schools affected, which provides you with this meticulously detailed information:

Needless to say I was not impressed.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

🎶 wild swimming / deserves a lake of shite 🎶

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahJ6Kh8klM4

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

DaWolfey posted:

No Justice MTG is one of only a handful of UK politics twitch/youtube streamers (that I know of), she's good and knowledgeable. Well worth watching and she streams several evenings a week.

19 month subscriber here :c00lbert:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

just absolutely blasting his trousers to atoms with how badly he's making GBS threads himself live on air

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Scotsgoons I have found your quintessential national embarrassment https://twitter.com/duckyle2nd/status/1695072313123721695

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

Also I don't think someone with a union flag emoji can be our national embarrassment, he's shared with the rest of this shithole country.

Is there anything more embarrassing than a Scotsman who proudly displays a Union Jack?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

For the record - check his profile bio where his only claim is that he's more Scottish than the current First Minister.

Because of course he thinks that's true.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

"without looking like a national front rally."

"more of a front nationale merci"

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The only acceptable rave is ranting and raving at the local foreigns to tell them to go back to where they came from.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Classic Met behaviour. Guessing he has a nickname on the whatsapp hate crimes group.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

Constant rolling thunder here, nice to have a break from the heat.

I was celebrating the cloudburst this afternoon and the 10 degree drop in weather, only for the humidity to skyrocket and the temperature return to 25°C with maximum humidity

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Number one cause of a bad dog is a bad owner IMO and IME.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Hey I've had dogs before, I'm not some anti-dog person. I'm just sceptical of the good owner/bad owner dichotomy, everyone is a self-assured good owner until something bad happens.

We already have a list of dangerous animals where nobody cares how good an owner you hypothetically are, you simply can't have one. We also already have the legal concept of pets that are allowed to misbehave and it's not on the owners, cats for example have the right to roam, they are allowed to poo poo in people's private gardens as they should be. Maybe if a cat bit you, you could sue them in civil court for damages? But then we don't have medical bills here.

There should be something in the middle, maybe I'm some kind of dog centrist.

I mean the previous Bully XL that did this in 2021 had both owners jailed and the dog was shot dead by police. Are you suggesting there aren't consequences for bad dogs? If a dog bites someone it's put down at a vet or executed by police?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Brendan Rodgers posted:

That's rare most of the time they seem to get away from it AFAIK? I'm also talking about preventative stuff like muzzling or licenses not summary execution after the fact.

https://www.gov.uk/control-dog-public

quote:

You can get an unlimited fine or be sent to prison for up to 6 months (or both) if your dog is dangerously out of control. You may not be allowed to own a dog in the future and your dog may be destroyed.

If you let your dog injure someone you can be sent to prison for up to 5 years or fined (or both). If you deliberately use your dog to injure someone you could be charged with ‘malicious wounding’.

If you allow your dog to kill someone you can be sent to prison for up to 14 years or get an unlimited fine (or both).

If you allow your dog to injure an assistance dog (for example a guide dog) you can be sent to prison for up to 3 years or fined (or both).

Destroyed is the euphemism for lethal injection or loving gatling gunned by Slipper's pigs.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Seems like there's a notable issue with specific breeds that maybe might warrant more intervention in those breeds specifically.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

*jumping out of a SWAT vehicle and training my shotgun on a pomeranian* SIR YOU HAVE A DOG IN YOUR POSSESSION SIR PLEASE STAND ASIDE THE LITTLE poo poo MIGHT BITE SOMEONE *ignores man walking past with a staffordshire terrier covered in human blood*

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

NotJustANumber99 posted:

or maybe travellers

*narrowing eyes*

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

sebzilla posted:

https://x.com/SamCoatesSky/status/1701299808529506713?s=20

What is this nonsense and why are they trying to reinvent trade unions.

Actually, clearly it's to marginalise existing unions, right?

e: also why don't tweets embed any more, FFS Musk

"x.com" don't - change it back to the real URL e.g.

https://twitter.com/SamCoatesSky/status/1701299808529506713?s=20

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

If only we criminalised paedophilia. Alas.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

TACD posted:

horrible dark irony that transphobic twitter wants to be known as X but nobody calls it that and the old name works much better

also ironic that a man obsessed with the Y chromosome keeps focusing on the X

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The only thing that stops a bad guy with a dog is a good guy with a dog.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Why is the media so biased again my beloved dog breed, the Alabama Throatripper?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The Aberdeen Throatnipper?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

Have they found out whether the most recent one even was an Excel Bully?

Well I've never seen a powerpoint bully.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I think the gun comparison is a little weak given we don't have more mass bitings than days in the year nor is a school biting a weekly occurrence. And additionally dogs are living, feeling creatures, so comparing them to a tool whose literal only purpose for existence is killing feels like comparing apples and mass shootings.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

But the thing is we do have restrictions on dogs? They must be microchipped for tracking, they must always be put on a lead if requested (demanded) by police, they are put down if they bite a human being once. Yes there are people who are bad apples, and I would absolutely prefer bad owners are given more stick, but we are not second amendment-ing about dogs here; there are rules and traceability enforced.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

For what it's worth I was terrified of dogs after narrowly avoiding being bitten by a jack russell (that was put down for that by its first good owner) and then being bitten by a potentially rabid dog (with lovely owner) and having to have my terrified arse dragged to the hospital to make sure I wasn't terminally ill.

Changed after I held a puppy in the palm of my hand and watched it grow up to unconditionally love me, but I appreciate that's not something you can magically grant someone the experience of.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

we all know police are anti-human and pro-gun, but are they pro or anti dog

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

His Divine Shadow posted:

They are the 3rd most dangerous animal to man however, after insects, snakes in terms of deaths. Some form of consideration should be given that dogs are actually very dangerous animals and every year loads of people particularly children are mauled and maimed.

While I don't think dogs need to be leashed 100% of the time, I think the laws need to be a lot more strict about dogs who show signs of aggressiveness and there should be efforts to breed that behavior away. That dog earlier who mauled that autistic boys cat to death should have been put down after the first such incident but this was like the 3rd cat it killed. Muzzling requirement was just ignored.

Oh absolutely, I should make it clear that my stance has always been that dogs with a tendency to roughness should be under stricter scrutiny than, to return to my joke earlier, a pomeranian.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I have brought shame on my shogun and must commit shiba inu

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

that chihuahua has a gun

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Mega Comrade posted:

Anything that's breed specific is doomed to fail. Dog genes are just far too maluable. To enter your dog at crufts you need a KC certificate proving the authenticity of the breed which requires it to be bred from two other KC registered dogs because even expert dog judges cannot guantee a breed by sight and measurement's alone.

You also can't legislate by weight really either. Labradors are over 30kgs, the same weight class as American Bullies. And what if you dog is below the threshold and then goes over after gaining weight from neutering, which is common side effect? Its just full of issues.

Any dog law needs to be breed and size agnostic to work, plus it should be more than just about human health but that of the animals too.

True. I suppose I was thinking of the purebreeds or ones specifically bred to be violent, but mongrels are better off genetically and often cuter anyway. Maybe we need a nation of dog psychiatrists? Specifically not dog phrenologists though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Rustybear posted:

I'd say the opposite frankly: mongrels are prone to health issues from inadvisable breed mixes all the time and are notorious for behaviour issues. Breeding lines exist for a reason.

For example, many guarding/shepherding breeds have been carefully selected for things like trainability and territorialism while minimizing other traits like aloofness or prey drive to make sure the dog is traininable and managable for it's original purpose.

If you haphazardly cross that breed with another breed with a totally different genetic history and low trainability or high hunting drive; you taken two breeds that in themselves are managable and combined them into a one nightmare dog. Likewise if you take a breed that has issues with idk elbow displasia and cross it with a breed that has heavier build or shorter legs, you've made the problem worse.

Okay fine too much mongrel makes a muckle. :colbert: