Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

It is every citizen's final duty to go into the tanks, and become soap for all the people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Microplastics posted:

“For 51 weeks of the year in Cheltenham, no one would urinate against a wall in public at 10.30 in the morning,” says Max Wilkinson, a Cheltenham borough councillor.

Some parts of Cheltenham

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

quote:

A spokesperson for the DWP said people would not have to do work-related activity where it was not appropriate and those in the most vulnerable group would not be penalised if they did not comply.

The spokesperson then immediately disappeared with a loud 'pop' noise, theorised by physicists to have been a tear in the fabric of the universe caused by the sheer scale of the lie.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Royal Society for the Protection of Birds Except from Climate Change

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Dogs owning dogs is chattel slavery

Humans owning dogs is fine don't think about it

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

There's one in Leeds. It only applies during rush hour, but drivers don't read that part and all cram into the single remaining lane, while I drive past laughing, in my car with no passengers. So it's like the opposite of a carpool lane most of the time.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Brendan Rodgers posted:

We would have to do a word replace on the entire bastard language.

Un militant du groupe XL Bully est attaqué par l'un des chiens qu'il tente de sauver après qu'un 《propriétaire vicieux lui ait lancé l'animal alors qu'il lui demandait de le mettre en laisse》:france:

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Wait, Lawrence Fox is getting killed? When is this going to happen, I want to put it in my diary

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

rocket_Magnet posted:

I know the Russian, & English stories but Turkmenistan & Mexico?

The current Chairman of the Turkmen Council, and former President, apparently loving loves horses.

And that's just one word switch away from loving loving horses, so, y'know

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Which makes a nice change, usually it's the fascist rhetoric

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

There tend to be Tory latecomers to the Yougov daily poll, but still

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

night before

oats
in water
frozen fruit, in bowl, in fridge

morning of

cinnamon, on oats
then fruit

sometimes
peanut butter

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

He's clearly shoring up his power base in the armed forces before marching on the capital.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Every morning, after brushing my teeth, I open the door and say "what's upboar"

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Josef bugman posted:

Going to try and put a little bit of happiness out into the world at the moment, but my girlfriend said yes and we are now Fiancé's!

Congratulations to you both, you deserve nothing but happiness!

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Labour Manifesto 2024: Sometimes there are good bosses too

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Sainsburys should be raided by the police, I saw them selling Hamas on the shelf there the other day, all different flavours too.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Umbra Dubium posted:

Pretty sure "ethnic cleansing" as a euphemism was coined by the people doing the genocide.

Don't use it too. Call it what it is.

It always sounded euphemistic but I never realised it was coined during the Yugoslav Wars.

I watched the BBC drama Warriors over the weekend with me dad, it was pretty harrowing and pretty UKMT in places too. They definitely tried to avoid accidentally glorifying anything that was going on, which happens so often with war films/shows.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

History Comes Inside! posted:

Someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. My country is dying.

Spend more on candles, bought from my new Candles4U company, and in return I will donate to your political party

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

big scary monsters posted:

gently caress the Tories

Tesseraction posted:

you take that back

Get im lads

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

The French Revolution did some interesting calendar things:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_Republican_calendar

But basically they all ended up abandoned.

And a happy 8 Brumaire to you too.

I briefly got obsessed with the Republican calendar after listening to the Revolutions podcast, and discovered that no-one online sells a wall calendar version. I blame the lingering influence of the Bourbons.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Diet Crack posted:

If the earth is spinning, why aren't we dizzy? CHECKMATE SCIENCE

If the earth stopped spinning we would all realise how dizzy we are throughout our entire lives and suddenly become much more intelligent and cogent

right before we all got flung off into space at 1000mph

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I got round being annoyed by constant fireworks this weekend by spending the whole time playing wargames at high volume, that way they're just appropriate background noise

Also appropriate background noise for arguing with my dad over the phone about Gaza

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I can't listen to the radio anymore because I had to turn it off during the news updates, otherwise my blood would boil and evaporate completely. If anyone could invent a device that just completely blocks any news broadcasts then I would happily return to 6 Music.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Thanks Ants posted:

They do, they'll take a syndicated feed from Global or somewhere. I also mute 6 Music whenever they go to the news, because it invariably consists of "The government says [x], here's a government spokesperson explaining it" and then it goes to the next story without any rebuttal from other parties.

Yeah this is it, I get my news from this thread through the filter of you all calling Tories cunts, I can't listen to BBC news just regurgitating the government's position without comment. Plus the music on 6 is usually more to my taste.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Any notion of the public good, as defined by the public

No, not that public

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Yes, Charlie, do it, succumb to the nominative determinism

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Nenonen posted:

James Blunt, backed by Michael Jackson, prevented WW3.

I hate that I know this.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Mr Cleverly this morning tumbled his way from Braintree to No. 10, somehow managing to miss every branch on the way down

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

MY SHEET IS CLEAN! MY SHEET IS CLEEEEEAN!!
______________________/

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

It's insane how early everything seems to be Christmas nowadays. I wonder if there might be a reason all the shops are maximising the time they are able to sell high margin culturally significant items that usually have to be re-bought every year, maybe some kind of artifact of the economic system we live under? No, it must be the decline of public morality!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

On my way home from work, when crossing the railway line I saw a train slowly come to a stop right before the bridge so the driver could answer the train phone. So maybe they were giving them a ring asking them to pop over to Manchester to fill in