Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Good chance for Keir Starmer to become leader of both parties here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/Dominiquetaegon/status/1697986681624793582

Interesting admission there. Daily Mail writes a racist piece trying to stoke hatred against black people and then tries to hire a black woman to be the face of it.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Yeah but it's the first time I've ever seen it admitted so blasé. It's the kind of thing that I feel should sink a newspaper but because of how corrupt everything is it'll just go by without any real comment.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

fuctifino posted:

https://twitter.com/ShaunLintern/status/1697982002492801108

There are supposedly court buildings, police stations and other public buildings that are also at risk. Does anyone know if this type of concrete was also used in housing?

https://wolfenstein.fandom.com/wiki/%C3%9Cber_Concrete

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
It's kind of amazing that we timed everything so that when Britain's infrastructure is crumbling to the point of collapse metaphorically, it's also going to be doing it very literally.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

She's the woman who got this year's Ghost written Daily Mail article about how Notting Hill Carnival is an unmitigated display of savagery, so she's probably needing a drink to cope with doing that.

Interesting thing is Dominique Samuels also said that the articles she wrote about Meghan Markle were also ghost written for her, so the Daily Mail regularly goes looking for black faces to put to white racism.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/LeftieStats/status/1698652571827581015

I'm looking for some men who really want to impress Jodie Foster.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Nuclear Spoon posted:

labour having a loving "shadow levelling up secretary" is a joke lmao. just completely acquiescing to their political enemies literally setting the terms of the conversation

No scope for mental health though

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Wes very passionately screaming that they're different while showing very clearly there is zero difference. He's such a vacuous turd, like they tried to clone Tony Blair and it came out wrong.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

These cunts got everything they ever wanted and now they're going to have a revolution against themselves.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

NotJustANumber99 posted:

The majority of Scots support the union. There's some pretty well established recent and generational proof of this.

They're still dorks, op

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Lol well done to Novara for getting a clip that will piss absolutely everyone off.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I like doggies

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
RIP Camrath, I hope you find the peace you deserve.

And the rest of you, do not be afraid to seek the help you need and deserve.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I'm the clever one, don't post or I'll make wry comments at you.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Noel Fielding is apparently also being named so it's a bad week for yer Goth girl teenage crushes.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I mean he was dating Pixie Geldof when she was 16 and he was 33 so regardless of if he's in the documentary or not he probably should be.

Wild that up until like ten years ago this poo poo would just be a bit of tabloid gossip and not ruin your career.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/danbarker/status/1702984313606640090?t=eXvoObldYUfFL3hDFi8ZQQ&s=19

Lmao

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

feedmegin posted:

It wouldn't work with any reasonable legal system.

'Angepain is the literal reincarnation of Hitler and also eats babies, cooked overly well done with ketchup. But that's hearsay so nope can't take me to court, no sirree'

Feedmegin was once caught shagging a sheep after the friction led to their pubes and the wooly victim becoming fused at the hip, sources close to the situation have claimed.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

DesperateDan posted:

I'm sure that the media discourse about how it was an open secret for so long and how so many people were complicit by varying degree in horrific crimes will be open and honest, exposing what went wrong- because it's not like there's a coach load of other establishment nonces hiding behind super injunctions and the old boys network, right?

Much like I'm sure the government investigation into this will be prompt and efficient in order to root out the problems in the system, certainly not deliberately and consistently delaying things for years then restarting the whole process till everyone forgets it was even a thing in the first place

oh wait I'm still in britain, gently caress

Lol yep, every power structure in Britain is riddled with nonces and corruption to the point where it feels like they hire corrupt nonces exclusively because they won't kick up a fuss about the corrupt nonces already in place.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

smellmycheese posted:

It is quite remarkable that the UK culture war has now reached the point where blue check Wankers and GB news enjoyers feel they want to publicly defend what is clearly Jimmy Savile Mark 2

Lol they did that with Jimmy Savile as well. Forehead even wrote a column about how Jimmy Savile's victims should just be quiet about it and go away. The rest were like Stephen Fry saying they don't want a "witch hunt" and no one should do too much investigation just in case someone gets falsely accused and Cliff Richard sets his lawyers on them.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

fuctifino posted:

There's a surprising amount of people who claim to be on the left who are openly defending the serial rapist and borderline nonce on twitter. And it seems to be the same types of people who were also sucked into the 5G Covid denialism 15 minute city conspiracy bullshit.

Brand was a threat to the establishment, apparently.... :catstare:

If he was a threat to the Establishment they would have done something when he was a A-list movie star, not wait until he was a D-List Joe Rogan trying to sell out smaller rooms in civic centers.

The why now is because he doesn't have the sway to protect himself anymore. Channel 4 don't want him to host Panel show #359 and he's not getting cast in another film. Might as well get a few more coppers from his downfall if you can't make any protecting him.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Dude's first complaint is calling The Times Mainstream media and disparaging their work.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I mean the entire newspaper industry is a money loser that's only kept around to stop the left from existing, don't see why their TV would be different.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

smellmycheese posted:

Reichstag Rishi the Hund Hater

lol how far are we removed from Gary Liniker getting doorstepped for comparing the concentration camps to concentration camps? Two months?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/stefmowords/status/1705961462106108314

It's like watching the board of Frank Reynold's company talk about how yes he may be a vicious dinosaur but he certainly cleared a path for them at the top.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Tesseraction posted:

*clears throat* Stella Creepy

Stooly Crusty defends Pedo Handles-sons.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Every single one of these "I'm a real manly man, smoke cigars and drink whiskey" guys turns into a such a catty wee housewives.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Make me Idiot King, I promise to rule unfairly and with little regard for rules beyond my own amusement.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Crystal Thenis posted:

you are calling centre left posters pedos and fascists.

I’m so glad we have the party now, you folks nearly killed our nation last election. Bye.

lol been skimming the thread, who's this oval office?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

kingturnip posted:

I haven't seen it mentioned, but the Tories' candidate for London Mayor was also out being a mask-off racist moron and saying the quiet bit out loud earlier:

The Board of Deputies, Labour Friends of Israel and everyone's favourite Jewish MP have been vocally denouncing her.
She really doesn't want the job, does she?

What are they mad at, gimmick infringement?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/SocietyGuardian/status/1709607067483586566

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/FromSteveHowell/status/1712037623269593137

The First Fully Privatised Labour party.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Noxville posted:

Odd look for a 'former human rights lawyer' to be in favour of war crimes.

People put too much emphasis on the term "Human Rights" and not enough emphasis on "Lawyer".

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

winegums posted:

Apparently Steve Bell has done a few comics drawing this type of ire.

The comic in question:

And a guardian article exploring it a bit here

I honestly struggle with this stuff. I'm not Jewish so have a degree of cultural blindness to things Jewish people might be more sensitive to. I'm probably too uncultured to know the inns and outs of these biblical stories and wider cultural significance...but all of this just feels like a reach? If Steve Bell really was racist why would the only proof be these subtle links? The Corbyn head on a plate on is particularly relevant - what is the actual implication here? How much additional context, conjecture and supposition needs super-imposed onto this to create an anti-semitic narrative?

The guardian article says "However, using a Jewish biblical figure who conspired against a saint was highly provocative and open to just the kind of interpretations made".

A few days ago an israeli human rights lawyer tweeted a cartoon of a boog marked 'IDF' crushing a cockroach which was a clear caricature of an Israeli. We've seen the Israeli defence minister refer to Palestinians as animals. I know this sounds like whataboutery, but it seems as though the State expects perfect, bloodless, qualified statements from its enemies at all times, whilst hand-waving away a bit choice its its allies say.

They don't give a gently caress, they throw out antisemitism accusations like pennies in front of those vampires that have to stop and count pennies.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/davidgerard/status/1715075173517320628

All of those copies sold to podcasts for the purposes of owning him.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Even with the low turnout, overturning two ~20k majorities in a night is pretty impressive.

Apparently similar byelection results, with the same low turnouts, heralded the labour 97 landslide.

It also means that gently caress off flip chart man has to, infact, gently caress off

At the end of the day though it's conservatives being replaced by conservatives. Nothing will meaningfully change if we're just slapping red paint on the same rotten foundation.

Labour will get a huge majority, continue things as they always have been under the Tory party and then slowly lose their majority until we're back under a conservative party that will continue again. This won't even be like under Blair when the worst excesses of Neoliberalism were mitigated by means tested bullshit and government spending. They're fully wedded to austerity after a decade and a half of austerity not fixing anything.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Gasmask posted:

You can’t take even the slightest joy in watching tories lose massively safe seats? You’re letting perfect be the enemy of good.

Sunak was an improvement on Boris Johnson until it turned out he wasn't.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
New Labour did do a lot of good. The problem is that that was when the Left of the party had more sway, the good Labour did in the short term was outweighed by the long term bad, and all the good done by Labour in those years were immediately decimated by the Tories within their first year in office.

Now the left has no sway in Labour, the right wing of Labour blamed the recession on the few good things they did in office because they still want to solicit bribes from the people who did cause the recession and they've actively promised not to do anything good in office.

The argument that maybe Labour will be good when they're in office is undermined by Labour right now. They're openly promising more privatisation of the NHS, sacked off their mental health brief and the only thing they seem keen on funding in the NHS is loving AI. Might as well promise to put it on the Blockchain.

Labour is back under New Labour control and everyone in New Labour is rabidly more right wing than they were even ten years ago. I genuinely hope I'm wrong but Labour's put all its money on being seen as a more efficient Tory party than the one we've got and I don't see that changing when they get their majority.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Speaking of the fat oval office,

https://twitter.com/stuzi_pants/status/1715061852407734739?t=tzdrhW4qgHoUJnAA0PLbtw&s=19