Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

not in housing i dont think, raac was almost entirely public buildings: schools, hospitals, multistorey car parks, libraries, etc. It's only good for like 30 years so it's well past its due date basically everywhere it was used

that education minister guy trying to claim kids could continue sitting in a classroom full of acroprops was pretty funny, in a crack-ping way

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

so if you want a house thats anywhere close to structurally sound it needs to have been built pre- 1950? ok then

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I did 4k from HSBC once and all they wanted to know was if it was for paying a tax dodging builder. HSBC aren't known for their due diligence though so ymmv

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

it says its down to an outstanding bill of £760m to settle equal pay claims, which seems like a lot

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

sounds like a cease of service has been applied to your line

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I fell running once

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

escapegoat posted:

God Tier
Sweet Potatoes,

sweepos in top tier but also don't include roast potatoes at all anywhere?

I sentence you to death by guillotine

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

look the problem is a lax system of checks and balances on the types of people who own dogs and not the dogs themselves, I say as I struggle to restrain my Child Eviscerator XL on his leash

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Mega Comrade posted:

:dafuq:

You just anti pet in general?

I'd be fine personally demonstrating my ability to be a good owner and my dog being a good girl.
But the reality is this Government (or Starmers Labour) would never fund such a scheme.

what is a pet if not a luxury item

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

well at my family gatherings we don't have a pedantic tedious rear end in a top hat

every gathering has one of those. if you can't identify who it is then I have some bad news

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

do ye like dags?

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

feedmegin posted:

In my opinion pickled onion monster munch is the best monster munch also chocolate oranges are Good Actually

a chocolate orange is a good dog deterrent, simply keep one to hand and offer a piece to any dog who approaches you

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I thought all prime drinks were caffeine horror shows, lol that there's a squash version

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

just stand the bottle the other way up

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I had no idea this was such a heavily lurked thread

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

the thread for making GBS threads up is here and the non-serious politics one is here

and then this one is for serious posting I guess, with the odd belligerent derail about dogs

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

EvilHawk posted:

I cannot for the life of me figure out what "mainly selected for their academic excellence" is supposed to imply, or what the alternative is. Should we be picking doctors based on vibes?

im incredibly dense but I can suck a golf ball through a garden hose :wink:

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

NotJustANumber99 posted:

what is a cyberdread? plaited cat5 cable?

rubber hose hair like the predator

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Trashfuture had the WTYP hosts on to talk about RAAC last episode (the free one), it was pretty good. And reassuringly for 99 confirmed that aerated concrete is mostly alright, it's just when you put big bits of steel in it with no way of getting to or maintaining it, it starts to lose its grip over time, which is precisely as bad as it sounds.

The aerated concrete itself is usually fine though as long as its covered up.

spent a bit of time on this at work, and the structural engineers said the big problems occurred with water ingress - rusting the steels and causing it to blow and separate from the concrete, and making it much weaker. Longer spans of raac start to sag and buckle.

e- This is why domestic areas won't be as badly affected as you don't get the the kind of 15 foot plus spans between supports that you see in places like libraries and hospitals.

kecske fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Sep 14, 2023

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I'm only scrutinising the skirt your child is wearing because it's my job you see :pedo:

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

kathy burke will lead the revolution imo

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Tesseraction posted:

Good parts like Sure Start, which ken plans to scrap as too communist.

the UK definitely exists in a space simultaneously between 'increasingly adverse environment to having and raising children' and 'wtf not enough children economy will collapse'

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

uniforms are fine but shouldnt be anything more than 'here's the criteria: white shirt, black trousers, navy jumper - no visible branding' instead of insisting that it come from specific approved suppliers

e: also blazers and ties are stupid as hell, why do children need to be made to wear them

kecske fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Sep 15, 2023

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

forkboy84 posted:

They seem to manage fine on the continent without specific school uniforms

good for them but this is Hell Island and while such things are mandated they should be as minimally onerous as possible

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

absolutely smoking the football kids at rugby was a good time

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

noel fielding imo

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

quote:

"During other Radio 2 episodes, Brand made a series of sexual remarks about the newsreader Andrea Simmons, describing her on air as “erotic” and a “sex bomb”, and telling listeners that he would like to “go under the desk” while she was reading the news. Several times after this it is implied that Brand was forced to apologise by BBC production staff.
In May 2007, Brand called Jimmy Savile, who suggested the pair could meet if Brand brought along a sister. Brand doesn’t have a sister, so instead offered to bring a female employee — agreeing, on Savile’s request, that she should be naked."

well gee he concealed it all so well too

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

the congested roads that would benefit from it have been there for like a thousand years and are enclosed by buildings

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

quote:

Sellotape is a British brand of transparent, cellulose-based, pressure-sensitive tape, and is the leading brand in the United Kingdom. Sellotape is generally used for joining, sealing, attaching and mending.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Tesseraction posted:

okay then you have to call all tissues kleenex and all ear-cleaning buds Q-tips

you don't?

also all game consoles are nintendos and all mobiles are iphones

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

the philosophers stone is some mythical ancient world doodad that turns metal into gold or something

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Flu vaccine is commonly cultivated in hen's eggs

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

just say the key broke or something, don't admit that you lost it because you were twelve beers deep

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Rugz posted:

Funny you mention the other side of the atlantic since the entire ACAB rhetoric that seems to be seeping through is an American import.

'all coppers are bastards' is an english invention

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Rugz posted:

So the people with less capability to do something have more legal grounds to actually do it then?

this is true of many things. for example, someone who is trained as a boxer who injures someone in a fight by punching them is prosecuted under assault with a weapon (striking with a trained fist) because they are more capable than an average person. It is not onerous that trained police should be held to a higher standard with greater conditions of accountability for their actions.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

the colour saturation seems way too high on that TalkTV show. are they copying the Fox News strategy of insanely bright colours to stimulate the leaden smoothbrains of an older target audience

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

can't be that dingy, you can still see all the pattern on the carpet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

maybe post some of it for the growing number of people without logins to the musk zone.