Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haakman
May 5, 2011
I used the dweb during lockdown but it poo poo itself and died. Now my connections come from someone I play Warhammer with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haakman
May 5, 2011
Anecdotal but whenever a student of mine brings up Tate/MRA poo poo I just take the piss (out of Tate). It's deeply childish thought (obviously) and wilts under examination (but I'm teaching degree, so by the time it gets to me...)

Mind you it is getting worrying how much it's popping up - far more than pre-pandemic Blordan Fleeperson shite (postmodern marxism?!?!?)

Had someone ask, in an inquiring manner, 'is it true jews run the banking system?'... where did they get that idea from? Boyfriend's Youtube, who is also a big ol Tate fan.

haakman fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Sep 29, 2023

haakman
May 5, 2011

Guavanaut posted:

That one's from at least 1903 in that specific form though, so while I'm sure Tate et al enthusiastically spread poo poo like that, its popularity is based on factors far outside them.

It's that gosh darned algorithm! Venn diagram, circle etc etc

haakman fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Sep 29, 2023

haakman
May 5, 2011

Rugz posted:

Hello I am here to explain why going from an electoral wipe out to a projected majority is a failure.

Thanks for this, we didn't know

haakman
May 5, 2011
Seeing that tier list reminded me of the 'old' style Cheese and Onion Walkers Max. Not the new, thin style. Hopefully you all know what I mean. Now that was a fabulous crisp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haakman
May 5, 2011

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Inquest into Ruth Perry's death. She was the head teacher who committed suicide following an Ofsted inspection.
Lead inspector was Alan Derry (in case you read it & the Perry/Derry start to confuse!).

My bolding. Wonder if the Ofsted inspector had a job lined up with a potential academy (pure speculation by moi)?

source: https://www.theguardian.com/education/2023/nov/29/ruth-perry-told-husband-lead-ofsted-inspector-was-bully-inquest

I find this whole thing shocking. I know teachers who have been traumatised by Ofsted inspections and the demands made upon them.
The whole cavalier approach by this Derry guy and his so called "good understanding of mental health" is {fill me in a word, my brain's gone awol}

Why anyone would want to be a teacher in the atmosphere of hatred & contempt that the press in particular encourage their readers to display ("long holidays" anyone? "if you can you do if you can't you teach") & to earn a fraction of what other professionals earn (eg financial adviser / lawyer etc £200 per hour).

(Yes I know we had a long thread regarding schools a week or so back, and I'm not hoping to reignite that!)

I know at least 2 HMIs who only got the job because they were banging an inspector who was inspecting their school at the time. They were loving awful teachers and now they're in charge of assessing others!

The whole organisation is corrupt as gently caress - hard to prove but they, at least in my experience (teacher for near a decade now) they definitely go in looking for reasons to get LA schools into MATs. OFSTED delenda est.