Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

keep punching joe posted:

Always struck me as a wrong un that Middleton lass.

I'm trying hard not to get sucked in to all that and pulling myself up sharp if I start criticizing Kate - even internally in my head - when there's a Team Meghan V Team Kate stand off. It's when I realize my chain is being yanked, I don't know either of them, so all I'm going by is osmotic response to MSM which I'm really trying to become more consciously aware of when I'm being told what to think about someone about whom I'm really not interested in finding out more about.

(Sorry that sentence is a bit garbled but I'm falling asleep over the computer - my sleep has been utterly chaotic & polyphasic by nature not design for a few weeks now).

Euclid’s view of spiral galaxy IC 342

source: https://www.esa.int/Science_Exploration/Space_Science/Euclid/Euclid_s_view_of_spiral_galaxy_IC_342

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Nov 30, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Good to see our new generation of royals keeping up the grand old British tradition of eye watering racism

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

]https://www.esa.int/Science_Exploration/Space_Science/Euclid/Euclid_s_view_of_spiral_galaxy_IC_342

https://esahubble.org/images/heic1502a/zoomable/

This is my current fav I keep checking regularly.
Zoom into how far it will go, and those are individual stars. Absolute amazing.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

frytechnician posted:

As someone who has actually drunk Tesco Value Scotch Whisky
Anything that has an ingredients list of "grain derived ethanol, water, brown colouring" doesn't count as whiskey/y/ie.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

happyhippy posted:

When you think it's just Pointillism but it's actually a sky FILLED!!! with stars. :stonk:

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Just Another Lurker posted:

When you think it's just Pointillism but it's actually a sky FILLED!!! with stars. :stonk:

They flew out of the cloud.

They saw the staggering jewels of the night in their infinite dust and their minds sang with fear.

For a while they flew on, motionless against the starry sweep of the Galaxy, itself motionless against the infinite sweep of the Universe. And then they turned round.

‘It’ll have to go,’ the men of Krikkit said as they headed back for home.

On the way back they sang a number of tuneful and reflective songs on the subjects of peace, justice, morality, culture, sport, family life and the obliteration of all other life forms.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
We're all made of stars
We're all made of light
:sax:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkF4b6K5KdI

The Donut
Aug 28, 2008

Zelensky's Zealots
Soiled Meat
If anyone is interested in watching Hancock squirm in the Covid inquiry, live streaming from openDemocracy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OnnfLEQnA0

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

smellmycheese posted:

Well , he married Jordan , so he’s used to hanging out with enormous tits etc etc

Pretty much to be expected. It's a channel desperate for attention and there's an abundance of d list celebrities equally desperate for attention on any platform.

The extra depressing thing about the whole situation is that these redundant gene blobs are paying eachother silly money just to propel their own vacuous vanity.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
They need to do a panel show with Right Said Fred and Jimetic Enjimeering from The Corrs.

And David Icke on sports and lizard sports.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

https://twitter.com/InstituteGC/status/1730135295444578460?t=JQGAbuJyzjmckXTmbvewHA&s=19

Sad day for the war criminal community

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Guavanaut posted:

Worse than Hitler.

Tesseraction posted:

It's highly unlikely that pursuing a career in painting would have necessarily prevented darker events in European history, but one can't help but wonder how the tides of history could have changed had he just been allowed to keep painting at this level

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Inquest into Ruth Perry's death. She was the head teacher who committed suicide following an Ofsted inspection.
Lead inspector was Alan Derry (in case you read it & the Perry/Derry start to confuse!).

My bolding. Wonder if the Ofsted inspector had a job lined up with a potential academy (pure speculation by moi)?

quote:

Ruth Perry told husband lead Ofsted inspector was a bully, inquest hears
Jonathan Perry says his wife said on first morning of inspection it was going badly and she was traumatised

The inquest is investigating Perry’s death earlier this year, which occurred shortly after Ofsted’s inspection of Caversham primary school where Perry was headteacher. Ofsted downgraded the school from “outstanding” to “inadequate” over ineffective safeguarding.

An inadequate grading for safeguarding would mean an overall grade of inadequate, with the school then liable to be converted into an academy with senior staff replaced, including Perry as headteacher.

Derry agreed that he had not followed up any concerns for Perry’s wellbeing with the school’s governors or in a meeting with a representative of the local authority. But he told the inquest: “I have a very good understanding of mental health.”

In response to questions from Ofsted’s lawyer, Derry said he had previously experienced a “significant psychotic episode” that had kept him off work for a year, adding: “I know what it’s like to be suicidal and have those thoughts.”

Asked if Perry’s reaction was normal in his experience, Gavin Evans, one of the three inspectors, said: “Many times in inspections, as a school leader and an Ofsted inspector, there are tears, upset, frustration.”

source: https://www.theguardian.com/education/2023/nov/29/ruth-perry-told-husband-lead-ofsted-inspector-was-bully-inquest

I find this whole thing shocking. I know teachers who have been traumatised by Ofsted inspections and the demands made upon them.
The whole cavalier approach by this Derry guy and his so called "good understanding of mental health" is {fill me in a word, my brain's gone awol}

Why anyone would want to be a teacher in the atmosphere of hatred & contempt that the press in particular encourage their readers to display ("long holidays" anyone? "if you can you do if you can't you teach") & to earn a fraction of what other professionals earn (eg financial adviser / lawyer etc £200 per hour).

(Yes I know we had a long thread regarding schools a week or so back, and I'm not hoping to reignite that!)

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

What is a soldier but a miserable pile of eaten cats and strange language?

His Divine Shadow posted:

Too loving expensive. I just need sugar, water, turbo yeast and some distillery equipment hidden in the forest for a good time on the cheap.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CUpm0Bw9xWQ&pp=ygUXam9hbiBiYWV6IGNvcHBlciBrZXR0bGU%3D

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Poitín music time?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtajSU3UZck

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

... "good understanding of mental health" ....

Yes, he obviously knows what's best... the lad needs to be removed.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Inquest into Ruth Perry's death. She was the head teacher who committed suicide following an Ofsted inspection.
Lead inspector was Alan Derry (in case you read it & the Perry/Derry start to confuse!).

My bolding. Wonder if the Ofsted inspector had a job lined up with a potential academy (pure speculation by moi)?

source: https://www.theguardian.com/education/2023/nov/29/ruth-perry-told-husband-lead-ofsted-inspector-was-bully-inquest

I find this whole thing shocking. I know teachers who have been traumatised by Ofsted inspections and the demands made upon them.
The whole cavalier approach by this Derry guy and his so called "good understanding of mental health" is {fill me in a word, my brain's gone awol}

Why anyone would want to be a teacher in the atmosphere of hatred & contempt that the press in particular encourage their readers to display ("long holidays" anyone? "if you can you do if you can't you teach") & to earn a fraction of what other professionals earn (eg financial adviser / lawyer etc £200 per hour).

(Yes I know we had a long thread regarding schools a week or so back, and I'm not hoping to reignite that!)

The whole teaching profession would be totally justified in quitting en masse.

escapegoat
Aug 18, 2013
Fairytale of New York finally making Xmas number one this year.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

happyhippy posted:

Great now I'm thinking about the scale of the universe and I have to go to work in a minute

grobbo
May 29, 2014
Tell a little Herrenvolk shite to piss off today in his honour.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

escapegoat posted:

First Henry Kissinger now this :cry:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
New lyrics are "you're a wee little man, tried to nuke Vietnam, Happy Christmas your arse, I pray God it's our last"

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

escapegoat posted:

Christmas is going to be awful this year. I can't stand that song and now it's going to be played to extra excess.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

HopperUK posted:

Great now I'm thinking about the scale of the universe and I have to go to work in a minute

Well if you think about it the other way, there are more atoms in one length step you take to work, then there are stars in my link pic.

escapegoat
Aug 18, 2013
Kick 'is arse Shane.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
I like Fairytale of New York.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

happyhippy posted:

Well if you think about it the other way, there are more atoms in one length step you take to work, then there are stars in my link pic.

aaahhhhhhh

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

keep punching joe posted:

I like Fairytale of New York.

It’s an excellent if now overplayed song and the Pogues rule.

Now Alistair Darling’s dead too.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

What the hell? Dang! It really do be a day for it.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

rip

All I remember about him is his eyebrows

Skulker
Jan 27, 2021

Duuuuuude!
Alistair Darling's son is/was an SA Goon, and I'm fairly sure Alistair himself browsed SA from time to time.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
seems like a goondolences is in order.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
I once saw alistair darling at a local market

From a distance. It was during the indyref and I was standing at a Yes stall and he was leading the No campaign so he did not seem keen to come over and engage me in conversation

DJT518T
Aug 4, 2010
I thought he was one of those guys that have white hair in their 40s , not that he was actually 70.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Hoping Rupert Murdoch sees todays hot trend and jumps onboard

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002
MY LACK OF KNOWLEDGE OF CURRENT EVENTS IS EXCEEDED ONLY BY MY UNQUENCHABLE THIRST FOR PISS. FUK U AMERIKKKA!!
RIP Shane MacGowan
Saw the Irish cocktail chat and died

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Guavanaut posted:

New lyrics are "you're a wee little man, tried to nuke Vietnam, Happy Christmas your arse, I pray God it's our last"

"Haunted" was our wedding first dance song. I guess the line "You looked so cool/ You could have put out Vietnam" could be contorted to be about the monster Kissinger (who is in hell now).

Michael D said it well about Shane. Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam

https://twitter.com/PresidentIRL/status/1730202190990475335?t=gku9B5LFhAH2Ik5_pj3guw&s=19

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Kin posted:

Pretty much to be expected. It's a channel desperate for attention and there's an abundance of d list celebrities equally desperate for attention on any platform.

The extra depressing thing about the whole situation is that these redundant gene blobs are paying eachother silly money just to propel their own vacuous vanity.
Nah I think it’s ideal. All the bigots and has-beens who can’t fathom living without adulation have their own little silo in which they can perform to the dozen or so people who give a poo poo without bothering the rest of us.

Twitter works the same way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
RIP Darling, you tied the UK economy to the US Housing Market and when that collapsed you ushered in austerity that destroyed lives and left the country in the poo poo shape it's in.