Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
You stole an hour of my summer (thread) and I shan't forgive you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Aren't creme eggs all the time?

No they dip out for about 2 months per year to provide an air of false scarcity.

Which is the time of year when you need to store reserve creme eggs in your arse.

Or idk find some factory rejects in Poundland if you're a dirty prole :shrug:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Windsor Heights Dairy Queen Palace is good place for u kno what

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

SplitSoul posted:

Rowling: Taliban ftw

X-posting from the Hit Takes thread cause this is a toaster even for the two of them weapons

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Been running 5-10Ks in New York all this week in 30C+ and high humidity and it feels insane. Didn't know my eyeballs could sweat like that

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

forkboy84 posted:

Those are called tears OP

That would explain why all those repressed memories of my childhood were unlocked as well. Dang humidity

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Is it really a conspiracy when it happens completely in the open?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

What difference will it make? When I bought it 15 years ago to inhale I did so under the guise of wanting to make whipped cream since they weren't allowed to sell it for inhalation. Now it'll be legal provided you carry a pot of whipping cream too?

New scourge of "creaming" has taken hold of the nation's youth

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Sorry to someone - I went to hit 'reply' and my screen jumped and 'reply' had changed into 'report' instead.
I didn't write anything and backed out of the screen. Hope that means whoever it was didn't get reported!

Its too late theyve already been apprehended

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Diet Crack posted:

The Keirstapo has them detained for huffing whippets

At least Keith has changed his tune on animal cruelty then

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
You bloody lefties are never satisfied. What would you like - a FOURTH meaningless aggregate number?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
How the gently caress is that only a year ago

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
To Live And Die In ULEZ

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
That's the kid from Powder

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Nah I don't think it's that hard as long as you have cash and no traceable phone. That fake-rear end Hunted show is a psy-op to make it seem harder

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Rough justice from the long arm of the law

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
British people are extremely insane about dogs, it appears. Dogs are good

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Sanford posted:

My dog is a good boy but also a loving idiot; draw your own conclusions.

He's cute but he shouldn't be allowed to own a dog

Aphex- posted:

Who was saying they weren't?

A bunch of cunts

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

smellmycheese posted:

I regret to inform you todays dog discourse has now moved on to “dogs in pubs”

https://twitter.com/nrgsrhc/status/1701162912901927271?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

A pub full of dogs is great craic, pub full of kids is nightmare zone.

Thread is now fully r/dogfree vs r/childfree , hell is empty and all the cunts are here

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Skull Servant posted:

I've been reading the thread silently agreeing with the pro-dog camp but this is really weird and something I only noticed when I moved to the UK. People really want to take their dogs in the shop with them. It's mostly fine because in my case there isn't really a place outside to tie them up but the other week a women asked permission (to be fair they always have) and when we said it was okay she let the dog off the leash and let it wander around. Not awful but definitely a little bit disrespectful.

That's pretty weird, but also very easy to say "keep him on a lead" even though you shouldn't have to :shrug:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
You can bring a dog to a kids park, but you can't go dogging with your kids, what's the country coming to

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Julio Cruz posted:

love having to quickly leaf through my copy of the Kennel Club encyclopaedia so I can work out if the dog rapidly approaching me is a “typically friendly breed” or not

Please just don't ever leave home without wearing a helmet

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Rustybear posted:

If you dog really is a lovable old soul or tiny toy breed that potters along behind you then what's the harm in just slinging an extender on them in a public place to keep everyone happy?

Dog on a lead is way more likely to trip someone up or get in the way of a passing bike, so I don't bother. I'll roll the dice on my 4.8kg lil terrier mutt sniffling somebody's foot too hard. Or accidentally making eye contact with a goon, killing them instantly

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Also wearing a collar on national TV, who does she think she is , former PM Liz Truss?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Can you put a lead on a snake?

You have to put them in a Pringles tube and carry it around with you.

A lot of fun when one of your friends wants some Pringles tho :yaycloud:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

stev posted:

I work with multiple men in their 30s and 40s who spent time scouting every shop for bottles when they were all sold out.

loving why. I get kids being caught up in that sort of hype - gently caress knows I did - but at a certain point it's just another loving sugar drink.

What kind of work do you do that attracts ... such folk?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Jesus Christ.

I'm so so sorry, to you and your partner and your friends and everyone who knew him. Based solely on posts here he seemed like an extremely good and kind dude, and this is a tragedy.

Be well and hug your loved ones close.

RIP Henry

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Klepsie posted:

I doubt you'll be surprised to be told that this is exactly what he was. Sometimes he liked to appear the flint-hearted ogre, and he could do so convincingly -- LARP gave him a ton of practice at playing the bad guy -- but if ever it came to the crunch, he was pure gold.

When my time comes (hopefully long aways), I hope to have friends to speak so kindly on my behalf.

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Didn't realise you were supposed to have political knowledge before posting here, this is very bad for me...

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
After posting here for years I'm not sure if I know any more about UK politics, but I know loads more about different things you can shove up your arse

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Microplastics posted:

The only time I've ever had a general anaesthetic is because I shoved something up my arse. You can all delight in knowing that you paid in part, via taxes and the magic of the NHS, for its removal

Always nice to learn the origins of posters' usernames.

However as a millennial Irishgoon, I was born free from the yoke of British Arse Payments

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Mega Comrade posted:

I guess all fashion is circular.

Well...the hats are at least

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

History Comes Inside! posted:

If your school uniform involves a blazer that’s basically child abuse

Stop conditioning children to grow up to be suit cunts

I went to a suit oval office school for a couple years until I realised I could escape. I got the blazer from my older brother who got expelled from the same oval office school for fighting teachers and smoking weed, and the blazer had a bunch of little holes from hot rocks. Think he also got it from another dropout so not actually sure how old that blazer was.

Relatedly, I know that McD's makes you pay for their awful polyester uniforms, and the pants don't even have pockets incase you try to abscond with a pocket Filet-o-Fish or something

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Reveilled posted:

I'm curious then, what was school like for the rest of you? Culturally I mean, among the kids, was there no sense of, like, group solidarity?

When I went to aforementioned suit oval office school for Junior Cycle, it was a bunch of rugger-bugger posh twats who ruled the roost. Being a "freak" with long hair made me slightly ostracised, but I was too tall and disinterested to be a bully target so I just hung out with some fellow nerds and discussed sci-fi.

Then for Senior Cycle I left the oval office school cause they wanted me to cut my hair, moved to the local pov school where all my mates went, skipped a year, joined a band, and was instantly embroiled in the "moshers vs. scumbags" forever-war. Guess I was still a mega-nerd but I had long hair, a leather jacket, and used to skip school to smoke fags in town with the other metalheads. Badly ripping off Thrice and Shai Hulud metalcore riffs somehow even got us pathetic "groupies". Basically I remained confused throughout school and if anyone ever slagged me off I probably would have just gone "huh? Oh yeah, right, heh".

Thanks for reading the first chapter of Memoirs Of An Excellent And Fascinating Poster

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Yo-yos have some weird generational recurrence, every decade or so they keep going up and down in popularity like some kind of oscillating device

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

happyhippy posted:

That works on two levels, Baddiel and the channel

Also Walliams. Maybe also Mitchell.

Let's just shut down all Dave's until we know what's going on

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Guavanaut posted:

Pig tape just leaked.

It'll do wonders for his comedy career tho.

Might even bring it to Edinburgh next year

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
I'm assuming he was a nevernude pillow humper

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Chad behaviour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Gonzo McFee posted:

I mean he was dating Pixie Geldof when she was 16 and he was 33 so regardless of if he's in the documentary or not he probably should be.

Always detested Fielding, didn't know this though, my word