Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
this ones pvp enabled but if you post genuine dogshit opinions you are not under my protection

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
drinking coffee with old farts ftw

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)
the Unitarians don’t seem so bad

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
theyre heretics but the nice kind so thats cool

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
rolling Taig +10 to explosive skill and speechcraft, moderate poison resistance, and 10% bonus dmg to ulsters

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

there are some religious goons here in cspam but i am not one of em. cheers to the thread however.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
I got beefs and I got beliefs (carnivore here)

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Ohtori Akio posted:

theyre heretics but the nice kind so thats cool

imo heresy against the positions of the state church of the roman empire and it's ideological descendants is the only correct answer.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

every Jesus needs his Judas

Syphilicious!
Jul 26, 2007
I'm an atheist.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Syphilicious! posted:

I'm an atheist.

this is also my religion

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo
i'm a snake handling christian (gay)

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGBW18g4sOE

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
Nice. Lemme quote my post I put in another thread one sec.

I Miss Snausages
Mar 8, 2005
Volvorific!
Why do we need another UFO thread?

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

AxGrap posted:

My parents are more gracious and giving than most anyone I've ever met in my life and they peg all that on Christianity, but the downside is you HAVE to go along with the common consensus in the community or you are persona non grata and currently that's some evil poo poo (talking specifically about evangelical circles), so they have very bad opinions.
Like, being good in your circle is good, but your net effect gets bigger when you have a community and structures for support which the church provides but it comes at a cost. I'm not religious anymore really but I do envy what seems like the last social safety net, and last cohesive self replicating social group left.

The Mormon family I mentioned earlier was always having financial difficulty, and the church would shell out the cash to get them out of it, and then put them in financial training courses. Most tithing goes to enrichment of the church and weird puritanical goals, but it actually gives back, which is more than people can expect from any other organization.

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
Also, people need stories and metaphors to teach them about morality. That's good. Religion is good, it's the power structures that are bad.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

mark immune posted:

i'm a snake handling christian (gay)

same lol

Lin-Manuel Turtle
Jul 12, 2023

I don’t mean to put the religious community here under pressure, but me and probably many lurkers will convert to whichever faith makes the best arguments here.

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Episcopal

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Poppers posted:

Episcopal

we love the faggier catholics here

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

We had a schism lol

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
schism in her mouth

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
i'm currently doing a neoplatonist thing where i attempt to cultivate my inner virtues, but mainly focusing the gay ones

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Ohtori Akio posted:

schism in her mouth

My weird looking penis freaking schisms when mah prostate gets massagies!!!!!

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

And that's On God

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
lol if this becomes fag thread 2 before page 2

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
mods - buttons please?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Ohtori Akio posted:

lol if this becomes fag thread 2 before page 2

well when u think about it religion is p gay

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Stfu

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
religion is win.

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

I love opium lol

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sr0gNJ090JA

Herbert Stencil
Aug 25, 2023

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
do you think most religious people believe in the ostensible counter materialist foundations of the ideology as it is usually taught or can they be disciplined materialists or marxists in spite of the contradictory nature of the two ideas

also is that more or less viable in America compared to other places

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Herbert Stencil posted:

do you think most religious people believe in the counter materialist foundations of the ideology as it is ostensibly taught or can they be disciplined materialists or marxists in spite of the contradictory nature of the two ideas

also is that more or less viable in America compared to other places

i am not a marxist. i used to be a marxist. i think a good reading of the teachings of christ contradicts marxism, and christianity is better. however theres plenty of christian marxists out there. so i think youd have to ask a christian marxist how they reconcile that

other religions may occupy less ideological space

Herbert Stencil
Aug 25, 2023

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
how come follow the guy who got purchased by capitalism in service of the white supremacist imperial project instead of the guy who made the foundations for the thing that fights capitalism effectively

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

I have strong erections for Israel.
Strong, pathetic erections.

God is real :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

I have strong erections for Israel.
Strong, pathetic erections.

real gay