Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Post your newest acquisition!

I'm stoked to have just gotten a copy of the complete Books of Earthsea.

Let's see your latest on your pile to be read!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

the moscoviad and a norwegian kind of lyrical novel called chiquitita that’s about a middle aged woman recalling her childhood as a refugee from Chile (well, unnamed latin-american country, but the author himself fled from Pinochet with his family as a child, so…)

TitusGroen
Sep 30, 2021

In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Bilirubin posted:

Post your newest acquisition!

I'm stoked to have just gotten a copy of the complete Books of Earthsea.

Let's see your latest on your pile to be read!

What a gorgeous edition of the Earthsea books! I still own these little individual novels of the first three books that fit in a backpocket that I bought as a kid from a thriftstore 20 years ago.

As for what I've got recently. I picked up Robert Massie's "Castles of Steel" because I've been trying to get into the game Rule the Waves 3 and I just don't understand the era or ship design well enough. I'm hoping this will fix that and give me more context for when I play the game.

And, for more fun, I got this book "A Step Further Out" by Jerry Pournelle since one of its stories is said to be the inspiration behind the awesome Atomic Rockets website.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

I’m starting to read more and I’ve never checked out any beat literature writes so I picked up a couple of Bukowski works. I’m going to start Women and see how it goes.

im hitler
Feb 5, 2024

by Athanatos
Just “got” the original Dracula. Heard it’s really good. I’m sure I’ll like it, since I love og horror stuff