Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who courgettes your vote?
Grey Cat - Courgette a la dino nuggies
Eeyo - What do you call a courgette farmer? A Zucch Keeper.
Grandicap - Squash your contempt for Zucchini
Meaty Ore - Courgettes 101
Epitope - Squashed
View Results

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

The competition is over, the dishes have been presented, the courgettes have been eaten!

Time to vote for your favourite entry. I am sure I’m not the only person who has been inspired by the four entries, and I will definitely be trying something from every one of these extremely creative meals!

Get those votes in before the 10th, and I will be awarding the prizes on 9/11. :liberty:

Grey Cat - Courgette a la dino nuggies

Eeyo - What do you call a courgette farmer? A Zucch Keeper.

Grandicap - Squash your contempt for Zucchini

Meaty Ore - Courgettes 101

Epitope - Squashed

Remember, the prizes are:

1st prize will be a $50 voucher for the online store of the winner's choice
2nd prize will be a $20 voucher for the online store of the winner's choice

I will also be awarding a forums upgrade to the best drink, but I won't reveal that until voting is over.

Scientastic fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Sep 1, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost
They all look amazing.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Yeah, everyone has done a bang up job here, I am proud of you all for taming the mighty courgette! :chef:

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

The voting is finished, the tallies are complete, and hopefully today is a day that the winners will never forget.

Our gallant runner up was Grey Cat, with their inspired courgette nuggets, and the winner was Grandicap who delivered a masterclass in transforming a humble ingredient and elevating it.

Can each of our winners PM me their preferred online shop and an email address, I will get their prizes sorted.

For the chairman's prize for best drink, I think I probably would have awarded it to Epitope, had they actually made their "gazpacho style bloody marry with roast zuc spears", because that sounds right up my street, but instead I am giving it to Meaty Ore for the delicious-sounding zucchini-infused genever with elderflower liquer... I love an infusion, I love elderflower and I get given genever on a regular basis by a Dutch friend, so this hit several notes that I really liked.

Can you let me know what forums upgrade you would like?

Thanks to all the entries, I hope, like me, people have been inspired to try some new ways of preparing courgettes!

Hopefully we can get some more ICSAs going, they're one of my favourite things to do, and they were the thing that finally made me pony up the money and join SA.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Ty for running Sci! I had a blast, I think I'm gonna try and host one this winter, just have to figure out theme.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Yeah good job everyone! I had fun making some stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

I enjoyed the sticky in GBS, got me to check out a subforum I wouldn't have thought to poke around otherwise.