Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Sean Strickland world championship match.
This poll is closed.
No. 2 4.88%
gently caress you. 22 53.66%
I'm going to stop watching the UFC. 8 19.51%
I stopped watching the UFC years ago. 9 21.95%
Total: 41 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

CarlCX posted:

This fight is bullshit, but unlike the last time around, I cannot say I don't care about who wins this bullshit fight, because the idea of Sean Strickland losing two fights, beating two guys so comically irrelevant that I said one of their names three times in this essay and I bet you've already forgotten what it was, and becoming the world champion because the UFC didn't want to wait another month for a title fight and the #1 guy forgot to duck? That would mean more of these writeups. And I actually prefer it when I can stand this stupid loving sport I love.

This is when I knew it'd happen, tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Brut posted:

This is specifically WWE layoffs though right and not on the UFC side?

That's why OP said "so it begins". If WWE's doing layoffs this quick after the merger, UFC's layoffs likely will be soon too

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Kragger99 posted:

Question for the thread: Who was the MMA fighter that got you into watching/following MMA?

Even though I bought the UFC 3 PPV live back in 1994 (didn't watch much MMA after that for a few years) I'd have to say it was Mirko Cro cop highlights that got me into it. So he was my first fav fighter.

Cro Cop for me too

I used to watch Unleashed on Spike TV all the time. 100 was the first live show I caught (family paid for it/watched together because Brock)