Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Poohs Packin posted:

Do you think that wealthy people walk around with like jewels and stuff? Because this is like my 6 year old nieces conception of a rich person.

i mean im sure people have watches on, that'd be enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Poohs Packin posted:

Do you think that wealthy people walk around with like jewels and stuff? Because this is like my 6 year old nieces conception of a rich person.

If I've learned anything about GOLD!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Blue On Blue posted:

i mean im sure people have watches on, that'd be enough

Ask me about the time!

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Why not just start robbing the wealthy by force at their homes and jobs?

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Why not just walk onto wall Street and shake the whole place down J0k3r$tYLe

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I AM YOUR FIRST QUART PROFITS!!!!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Blue On Blue posted:

just out of pure curiosity, how has no one rolled up to this festival of stoned rich folks and just taken all the valuables by force ?

and i only read the first few pages and last few pages so far, but how many stories of helicopters coming in to save someone super rich while leaving everyone else stranded still have popped up?

Still working on the pirate hovercraft.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Platystemon posted:

Still working on the pirate hovercraft.

I like the way you think.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

My husband hatched some triops 2 days before all this went down. It's been so much fun seeing social media posts about them now that we're back into them.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

I like to think that he hatched them just like a daddy seahorse would.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Thesaurus posted:

Why not just start robbing the wealthy by force at their homes and jobs?

Criminals are very lazy which is why they get caught - they will rob an ATM but then have to lie down for a nap right there, right on the sidewalk or european-style ATM foyer, making it very easy for the police (or dobbies in euro) to catch them. At Burning Man they can lie down in a tent which will also hide them.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

redm posted:

in soviet russia, man burns you!

lol

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

They congregate around underground moisture and given enough time and enough of them they'll form a Sandworm

Also known as a Dirty D

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Blue On Blue posted:

just out of pure curiosity, how has no one rolled up to this festival of stoned rich folks and just taken all the valuables by force ?

and i only read the first few pages and last few pages so far, but how many stories of helicopters coming in to save someone super rich while leaving everyone else stranded still have popped up?

Mad Max style desert literal piracy is an interesting concept, but they're within the fuel range of government aircraft so it wouldn't end well for the pirates

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

peanut posted:

I like to think that he hatched them just like a daddy seahorse would.

Misread this as deadly seahorse.
Disappointed meself.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

redshirt posted:

If I've learned anything about GOLD!

I'm here to ease my internal suffering by letting go of everything ... including my morals.

give me your wallet, punk

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Be the change you want to see! You know you want to draw a trogdor-style fire breathing seahorse in full buff battle mode with like a sword and a tommy gun. It puts the burn in burning man!

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

there was an e-bike theft ring going around this year swiping rentals. honestly one of the best gifts they could have given

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I worked my way up to Immortan Joe's senior staff.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
sad sax in blunder dome

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Dick Fontaine posted:

there was an e-bike theft ring going around this year swiping rentals. honestly one of the best gifts they could have given

Hippies, and hippie adjacent individuals, can be pretty stealy sometimes.

Lived in a housing co-op with like 40 people and man, poo poo went missing all the time. It sucks.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Poohs Packin posted:

Hippies, and hippie adjacent individuals, can be pretty stealy sometimes.

Lived in a housing co-op with like 40 people and man, poo poo went missing all the time. It sucks.

That feeling when you think it's supposed to be peace and love yet your poo poo is missing.....

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

kntfkr posted:

sad sax in blunder dome

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-SamkV33Nk

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Poohs Packin posted:

your niece will be happy to learn that vajazzling is still popular

TenTonHammer
Oct 3, 2003
Davidian

:dukedog:
Not Burning Man, but Blue Ridge Rock Fest this year was a shitshow. Promised 12 hydration stations to fill up water, only had 1, it ran out yesterday (the first day of the festival). 70% of their staff apparently either had heat exhaustion cause it was over 95 degrees on pavement, with over 50% humidity, so they had people waiting over 13 hours in their cars to get in the festival to camp, started price gouging water, ice and food (5 dollars for a bottle of water, 12 dollars a slice of pizza, 15 dollars for a bag of ice) and went up even more as the day went on. And at the end of the first day yesterday, a freak storm came through, they shut down one stage and had us evac out of the festival grounds ( which is a 2 mile walk to most tents), wouldn't let anyone shelter in place under any festival tents that had food or drinks, and let one stage continue to play until it was struck by lightning twice with a band on stage performing. A majority of campers lost all their canopies and tents, including me and my group, along with all electronics that was not inside my car. Now they are putting the blame on other companies they contracted to and the bands for not being prepared. I'm sure I missed other issues too but thats just what came to mind after driver over 6 hours home last night soaking wet with no other dry clothing or shoes.

I blame Disney
Sep 30, 2016

They know what they did
https://i.imgur.com/na3D0si.mp4

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

TWO MEN ENTER, ONE MAN LEAVES

mystes
May 31, 2006

redshirt posted:

TWO DOGS ENTER, ONE DOG LEAVES

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

god i love the thunderdome

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

TenTonHammer posted:

Not Burning Man, but Blue Ridge Rock Fest this year was a shitshow. Promised 12 hydration stations to fill up water, only had 1, it ran out yesterday (the first day of the festival). 70% of their staff apparently either had heat exhaustion cause it was over 95 degrees on pavement, with over 50% humidity, so they had people waiting over 13 hours in their cars to get in the festival to camp, started price gouging water, ice and food (5 dollars for a bottle of water, 12 dollars a slice of pizza, 15 dollars for a bag of ice) and went up even more as the day went on. And at the end of the first day yesterday, a freak storm came through, they shut down one stage and had us evac out of the festival grounds ( which is a 2 mile walk to most tents), wouldn't let anyone shelter in place under any festival tents that had food or drinks, and let one stage continue to play until it was struck by lightning twice with a band on stage performing. A majority of campers lost all their canopies and tents, including me and my group, along with all electronics that was not inside my car. Now they are putting the blame on other companies they contracted to and the bands for not being prepared. I'm sure I missed other issues too but thats just what came to mind after driver over 6 hours home last night soaking wet with no other dry clothing or shoes.

Music festivals, never

Music festivals with no possibility of easy egress, especially never

TenTonHammer
Oct 3, 2003
Davidian

:dukedog:

Shageletic posted:

Music festivals, never

Music festivals with no possibility of easy egress, especially never

They don't tell you this when you buy tickets and camping passes for it, but there is one 2 lane road to get in and out of the festival there too at Virginia International Raceway. We got there an hour early on Wednesday to check in early and it still took us almost 2 hours to get in, but it just went down hill from there. Also people were dropping like flies from the heat out there, medical tents were overwhelmed, and the EMS ambulances that were on site were constantly running back and forth on the festival grounds lights and honking their horns to get through the massive crowd. 50k+ people there and it was a clusterfuck. I hate to see what happens the rest of the weekend for people that stayed.

Also, forgot on the price gouging part, they advertised this festival as "cashless" this year. So you can use your debit cards, or they gave us 4 day GA pass wristbands with a RFID card in it we could link to our debit or credit cards and pay with them. They didn't tell us until the day of the show that each transaction would cost you 5% for use of the wrist bands. gently caress this place and Jonathan Slye (Guy who runs it)

TenTonHammer fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Sep 8, 2023

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

TenTonHammer posted:

I'd rather just die.

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Falling out from heat exhaustion so you can see Slipknot in 2023 lmao

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

This is solid entertainment right here

Claes Oldenburger
Apr 23, 2010

Metal magician!
:black101:

The thunder dome is a non stop source of entertainment.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Also I assume this is the US and everyone who got ambulanced from the medical tent is now impoverished for life and being shaken down by tommy gun toting debt collectors

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Strategic Tea posted:

Also I assume this is the US and everyone who got ambulanced from the medical tent is now impoverished for life and being shaken down by tommy gun toting debt collectors

This is America.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Strategic Tea posted:

this is correct. med tents are free and accessible, but god help if you if some medic decides you need to be hauled out of there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Dick Fontaine posted:

Why would people bring e-bikes?

Nothing is more than two miles from anything else and it’s as flat as any place on Earth gets.