Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm moving to a smaller space and trying to downsize poo poo and realized I have some sort of brain problem where I can't throw away boxes for expensive electronics and collectables. I'm giving away things to friends that I don't use that cost me hundreds of dollars without thinking twice, but can't bring myself to throw the box for my 4 year old gaming laptop or PS5 in the trash. I have no attachment to these things, in fact their presence annoys me and it's not like I'm gonna get more money for them if I sell them, but I feel like I'm doing something wrong if I throw them out. Anyone else do this stupid poo poo? Throw away the boxes Veni

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I, too, unleash Mongols on my leftover packaging.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I used to save boxes for things like phones and video game consoles. You used to be able to get a quite bit extra if you sold that poo poo complete in box. Not anymore. gently caress it, once I know something can't be returned, just toss the box.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

There’s two Amazon boxes in my living room that I haven’t gotten rid of because my two cats have turned them into a cardboard fort :3:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

You Are A Elf posted:

There’s two Amazon boxes in my living room that I haven’t gotten rid of because my two cats have turned them into a cardboard fort :3:

This is a purrfectly acceptable reason to horde boxes

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020
I got some old foldable moving boxes I really should get rid of.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I box hordes

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!
My cats like boxes

I guess you guy’s have something in common. I should let you chat

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I do the same thing lol for some reason

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

i do but only to feed this machine

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

cumpantry posted:

i do but only to feed this machine

He fard it out after he done

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Yes
I use them to send my beautifully packaged and presented original earrings on hand drawn cards to strangers and goons....

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
If you're just talking about the specific packaging that the products came in when they were new, you can always buy those in mint condition for like $20 on ebay, OP. Throw yours away, it's ok. Snap a pic of the proof of purchase or barcodes if you need to.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I used to but I don’t anymore op. If it’s something high dollar value I might keep the box until the return window closes but other than that it goes in the trash/recycling.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

I keep some around for random shipping.
But we invested in those heavy duty totes for all the moving and storage needs.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

my fuckhead clients send me a bunch of poo poo to work on cluttering up my apartment and ghosting me or dragging their feet when it comes time to send their poo poo back to them. It makes my apartment look like a hoarder lives there. Don't they know I'm a filthy city dweller and don't have a massive mansion to store their crap?

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

(and can't post for 10 years!)

I've reused every box I've ever saved and I've been glad I've saved them. I throw out plenty of boxes too, it's not like, a problem man. gently caress off.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I bought a big house just so I could keep more boxes.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

redshirt posted:

I bought a big house just so I could keep more boxes.

4bed 3.5 bath, 3 of the bedrooms are just boxes, floor to ceiling. I've had to cut a tunnel through the bathroom boxes just to poo poo.

JAnon
Jul 16, 2023

my grandpa hoards boxes. he's 70 btw.

also OP spell "hoard" correctly you illiterate gently caress.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

JAnon posted:

my grandpa hoards boxes. he's 70 btw.

also OP spell "hoard" correctly you illiterate gently caress.

Khanate of Box Horde

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I keep the box my breakfast cereal comes in just refill it with the next box of cereal I buy to cut down on waste

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i keep them for things like game consoles, and end up just storing the consoles in the boxes when they're not hooked up to the TV. keeps them more organized, though i suppose i could buy bins or crates, but the boxes work fine.

also a few high end electronic items, like my GPU or headphones, in case i ever end up selling them or shipping to a friend since they have good packing materials already shaped right. i think i also have my macbook box.

oh, and i have my two college degrees still rolled up in the tubes they were shipped to me in. other than that, i recycle them either right away, or after i'm sure i'm not gonna return whatever it was.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

wife says i gotta stop the cops are gonna come sometime soon

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

if this accounts a rockin'
don't come a knockin'

Overdog posted:

I've reused every box I've ever saved and I've been glad I've saved them. I throw out plenty of boxes too, it's not like, a problem man. gently caress off.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Of course, you never know when the box from that 15" LCD monitor is going to be useful.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i always rip them open and discard the destroyed remains. i should hoard them so when i resell stuff i would have the box but i never learn.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
Your Lego collecting has broken your brain, that's all.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

KHAAAAAAAAAN!!!!

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

A friend is a professional organizer, goes into homes and organizes and mostly helps people get rid of stuff. She said men keep product boxes.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

i dont op in fact i just threw away three shoe boxes and the two boxes they shipped in

boxes can make a good place for insects to lay their eggs so if anything was in a warehouse for a while before coming to you there's always a chance of that i guess

DamnCanadian
Jan 3, 2005

Perpetuating the stereotype since 1978.
My wife hoards boxes

To store all the other poo poo she hoards

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

i burn boxes to heat my home during the long, dark winters

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

My innate box-hoarding tendencies definitely got worse over the pandemic and the amount of poo poo I bought/ordered during lockdowns and for work-from-home.

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

I had roommates that wore their welcome thin and they had these big moving boxes for clothes and while they were out doing a transport from my place to their new place, I figured I'd speed things along and scooted one of the big moving boxes across my hardwood floor and it scratched it. Nobody to blame but myself. The fact that I was done with these people made it extra poison-y to process

That's my take on boxes

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Just gonna control Moscow and surrounding areas for like 500 years or so.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Why the gently caress would I have random boxes. If they aren't being actively used to store things then they go.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I'd separate Moscow and St. Petersburg, first off. Then launch the dual decapitation strike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

only for as long as resale value would give a poo poo about having them or i expect i might have to send it in for repairs.