Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
"He missed the extra point wide right...this one is over as John Carney misses his first extra point of the season..."

Most of the time, we hate kickers. They warm up, they line up, and they miss. In this game, we love them through all their faults.

What's a Kicker Eliminator?
Back in 2013, IcePhoenix decided to spice up the Eliminator idea by making one revolving around the most unappreciated of positions: the lowly place kicker.

Here's how it works: Every week you select an NFL kicker. If they make all their field goals and extra point attempts, you keep playing!

Any other rules I should know about?
1) You must select your kicker before kickoff of the game they're playing in by posting in this thread.
2) Once you have selected a kicker, you cannot use them again during the regular season.
3) If your kicker doesn't attempt a kick that week, you're eliminated.
4) In the last three weeks of the season (and beyond, if necessary), a kicker may be picked by no more than half the remaining players, rounded up. So if 5 people are left in Week 15, only two can pick the same kicker. rule abolished. go hog wild
5) If all remaining players are eliminated in the same week, they all move on to the next week.

Can I change my pick?
Sure, as long as neither kicker's game has started. Do NOT edit your posts to change your kicker, just make a new post and say you are making a new pick. Try not to pick an injured kicker or, God forbid, a kicker on a bye week.

So how do you win this thing?
Simply be the last person standing! There are a few things to in keep in mind:
- If more than one player is still standing by the end of week 17, the winners will continue picking into the playoffs. This has never happened since the extra point was moved back.
- In the unlikely event that we reach the playoffs, any kicker from any playoff game can be picked. You may NOT pick the same kicker two weeks in a row, however you may use a kicker you have already picked in the playoffs if they advance.
- If by some miracle two or more players make it all the way to and through the Super Bowl, well, they're all winners. This will never happen ever.

....and of course, the game-within-the-game that has spawned countless iconic moments is back again!

Kicker Roulette
-Eliminated players still pick a player every week but with a twist - you add a number next to their name
-If your kicker makes one from that exact distance, you hit the magical KICKER JACKPOT
-Hitting the jackpot summons you back to the land of the living and you will be back in the game again
-You may pick any kicker even if you picked them when you were alive, and your Roulette pick does not affect your game if you hit the Jackpot
-Extra points don't count in roulette, the kick must be made as a field goal
-You may hit as many Kicker Jackpots in one season as you can. If you're that good, you deserve it

Just add "ROULETTE:" in front of your pick and your entry will be shaded a different color on the scoreboard. Since Kicker Roulette's inception we've typically been good for at least one or two Kicker Jackpots a year, so it truly does pay to play if you like kicker eliminator!

:siren: Please submit your kickers in this style: Week 1: NE - Chad Ryland (please don't pick Chad Ryland) :siren:

quote:

:siren: KICKER ELIMINATOR GRAND PRIZE :siren:

If you beat out all other adversaries in Kicker Eliminator, not only do the Kicker Gods curse your name as "the one that got away," but you will also receive a *free* forums upgrade of your choice! Graciously offered by our friendly former SAS mod and admin Athanatos, the winner of this season's eliminator can choose an avatar/title, platinum upgrade, archives upgrade, gangtag, smilie upload....whatever you want.

Results: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WadOIDmVPNALJ_gp9RLywGg5VVNBsPE_iXVhbZp96C0/edit?usp=sharing

barnold fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Sep 8, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
mandatory viewing for this years thread:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BVi7PsUqZQ

Kicker Graveyard (all the kickers we've lost this season):

Previous Kicker Eliminator winners:
2022 - Kevino07
2021 - Aggro
2020 - Dango Bango
2019 - Play
2018 - corn on the cop / latinotwink1997
2017 - WaffleZombie
2016 - totally losing my mime
2015 - Mind_Taker / Saetaere
2014 - Infidel Castro
2013 - swickles (requires archives to view)

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Week 1: JAX - Brandon McManus

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Can I play?

If so, I'd like for week 1 - Texans -Ka'imi Fairbairn. He has a pretty sweet name, that is why I picked him.

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008
Week 1: IND - Matt Gay

esky
Apr 15, 2003
Week 1: PHI - Jake Elliott

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

Anderson Koopa posted:

Can I play?

If so, I'd like for week 1 - Texans -Ka'imi Fairbairn. He has a pretty sweet name, that is why I picked him.

new rule: anybody named Anderson Koopa is permanently banned from kicker eliminator and also must pay me $2000

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Week 1: TEN - Nick Folk

Recursive
Jul 15, 2006

... but then again, who does?
Week 1: CLE - Dustin Hopkins

Symphoric
Apr 20, 2005

Week 1: NE - Chad Ryland

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
Week 1: IND - Matt Gay

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
Week 1: DET - Riley Patterson

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Week 1: ATL - Younghoe Koo

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
Pretty sure I got eliminated Week 1 last year, let's see if this one goes better!

Week 1: KC - Harrison buttkicker.com Butker

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Let’s get this over with in the first 5 minutes

Week 1: DET - Riley Patterson

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
WeeK 1: LV - Daniel Carlson

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Week 1: KC - Harrison Butker

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

gently caress it, Week 1: PHI - Jake Elliott

Nissin Cup Nudist fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Sep 8, 2023

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Week 1: LAC - Cameron Dicker

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
Week 1: BAL - Tucker

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Week 1: ATL - Younghoe Koo

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

Week 1: BUF - Tyler Bass

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Week 1: AZ - Matt Prater

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

executive decision: i am abolishing the "no more than half of the remaining players may pick the same kicker" rule. if you want to put all the eggs in one basket go for it.

the original intent was so that everyone can't pick the same kicker and take advantage of the "if everyone is eliminated, everyone moves on" rule but since taking over the game we have never even made it past week 13. at this point i think a coordinated effort to somehow make it to the playoffs would be hilarious and if we get to the super bowl with a dozen people then maybe i'll reassess but i don't think kicker eliminator needs to be harder than it already is lol

Arnold Layne
Nov 4, 2008

Week 1: MIA - Jason Sanders

totally losing my mime
Aug 3, 2012

The quiet can scrape
All the calm from your bones.
But maybe it should.
Maybe we need to be hollowed
To get up and grow,
And stop fucking around,
To kick off our braces and start straightening out
Fun Shoe
Week 1: BUF - Tyler Bass

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
Week 1: MIN - Greg Joseph

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Cin - Money MacWeek 1: Cin - Money Mac

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

"Identity Crisis" Murderer Wild Guess #333:Prince "Lady Killer Charming "Well, I AM the Adversa"

Thanks for running this, I love this silly game.

Week 1: JAX - Brandon McManus

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
Week 1: BAL - Justin Tucker

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART
This is the only football related game I’ve ever won and it holds a special place in my heart

Week 1: PHI - Jake Elliott

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

Eifert Posting posted:

Cin - Money MacWeek 1: Cin - Money Mac

there are no players on the cincinnati roster named "Money Mac"

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

gently caress you jake elliott

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Made it to week 2

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Same. So lovely.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
thats why matt prater is my boy. man can't miss. at least i think he didn't miss

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo
Giants just need a touchdown, two point conversation, on sides kick, touchdown, two point conversation, on sides kick, touchdown, two point conversation, 3 and out stop on D, touchdown, and a two point conversation and they're right back in this thing

E:
Wrong thread, sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

In retrospect, a bit harsh since his 3 fgs won the game for the birds

Maybe don't a pick a guy kicking in a monsoon next time, me