Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Intruder posted:

make the dogshit garbage meme bannable IMO :colbert:

This post is dogshit garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Miz Kriss posted:

Any other E club teams I need to add?

Eliminated from division: Royals, A's, Mets, Nats, Rockies

Eliminated from WC: White Sox, Royals, A's

I think Colorado is mathematically still alive with an elimination number of 3 in the WC, but I don't think that takes matchups for the rest of the season into account.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Aren't the Padres also like 0-11 in extra innings games?

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

R.D. Mangles posted:

bye bye cardinals

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Gonna attribute the Cubs' sweep as what finally killed the Giants.

The Brewers are 100% going to knock the Cubs out. Either in the last 3 games or in the postseason.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Miz Kriss posted:

Start spreading the news…

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Sorry, Padres. Cubs will be joining you soon.

Our run differentials were pretty awesome though.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

:rip: Cubs

Above .500 was what I was hoping for and that's what I got. Their run differential was much better than I expected, so there's a lot of hope for next season provided they do two things:

• 1. Get some reliable bullpen arms
  • 2. Sign Bellinger Sign Bellinger Sign Bellinger Sign Bellinger Sign Bellinger Sign Bellinger Sign Bellinger Sign Bellinger Sign Bellinger Sign Bellinger Sign Bellinger Sign Bellinger Sign Bellinger Sign Bellinger Sign Bellinger Sign Bellinger Sign Bellinger Sign Bellinger Sign Bellinger Sign Bellinger Sign Bellinger Sign Bellinger Sign Bellinger Sign Bellinger

It'll be nice for the young guys to get an entire season under their belts next year. I hope PCA, Canario, and Mervis all make the opening day roster. Jordan Wicks seems very promising. Heyward will finally be off the books, but the Cubs will still owe Tucker Barnhart and Trey Mancini over $10 million next year. :doh:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

You cannot make the argument that this offense will be fine without Belli. He led the team in HR, BA, RBI, SLG, and OPS. He was 2nd on the team in hits, runs, and SB. He is 100% necessary to keep this offense going.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

R.D. Mangles posted:

-Nelson Velazquez grand slam game.

The Chicago Baseball Oafs picked a great one to attend this year.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Popete posted:

He seems to like it in Chicago

Which other teams are in states with legal weed?

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Popete posted:

All the California/New York teams, Boston, Diamondbacks, Rockies, Mariners, Tigers, Nationals, Twins

There's your short list of landing spots :v:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

elentar posted:

as a devoted fan of lovely baseball I’m honestly devastated that the 2023 Oakland Athletics, who we all had such high hopes for, ultimately proved inadequate to the task of blowing rear end at a truly historic level

The Cleveland Spiders were really, REALLY bad. The 2023 A's didn't even get halfway to their negative run differential.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Traxis posted:

RIP to the Cubs, although I am glad that Cody won't have an opportunity to punish the Dodgers in the playoffs. Look at the brightside, Cubs fans, now you have 13 weeks of Bears football to look forward to.

Rocky Wirtz is dead, no one is left from the 2010 team, and Bedard looks really good. Blackhawks baby hail satan

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I admire the pessimism before the Blue Jays are actually eliminated

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

That's one of the best Cubsposts I've ever read. Thank you!

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

As cool as being in Wrigley for the the Velazquez grand slam was, there was absolutely zero room for another outfielder on the roster. Better that he's playing in the majors somewhere. Otherwise, he'd be rotting in Iowa forever.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

bawfuls posted:

At a bare minimum Giants fans will never forget it.

All you have to do is say "Barry Bonds"

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I feel like a Twitter titled "Baseball Images that Precede Unfortunate Events" could just be a Bob Nightengale repost bot.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

R.D. Mangles posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0EpWcI6JpE

doing this exact thing except saying "a cub did this"

The hive mind remembers

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

bawfuls posted:

mcmagic is correct that an 84-win negative run differential team should not ever be in position to play in a world series, but the time for that particular objection was at the end of september

The Cubs went 1-6 against the DBacks in September so it's kinda hard to argue that they deserved it more because they had a much better run differential.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Shinjobi posted:

Please kill Bally's, someone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AUS7Bj9X38

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I'm still riding that 2016 high