Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

I'd put Dennis Allen on the mild level at least. If the Saints can't win such a weak-rear end division like the NFCS after getting an ostensible upgrade at QB like Carr and Jamaal Williams at RB, I think he'll be out of there.

Arthur Smith I think will get a pass if the Falcons don't do anything because this a QB evaluation year for Ridder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Edit: double post

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

C-Euro posted:

Also, you think Brian Daboll is cool with the season NYG is having, and the sideline/media freakouts he's been caught in? TBF I may be inflating these in my memory, but this is not what a team that won a playoff game last year should look like.

I think that the playoff win and COTY gives Daboll 1 year of coolness, especially given how many holes the roster has. If he doesn't right the ship next year, then the heat comes in fast.

Reich, on the other hand, I think is at least mildly spicy right now. This was a rebuilding year, sure, but winless always looks real bad, and the play calling looks awful. Plus the open comments about Tepper is not good for long term prospects.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Bumhead posted:

They’ve got better vibes than some teams at 3-3 (hello, Raiders).

They really could be 3-3 themselves. I think they’re gonna bring Kyler back in and try and win some games (which might be a contradiction but whatever)

If you were doing a Power Rankings based on which teams just loving stink, I think the Cards would be safely mid table somewhere.

Plus they've got 2 firsts next year - the Texans pick may not be as high as the Cardinals would like, but it will still likely be a nice mid-1st rounder to fill some needed positions.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Mega64 posted:

The last person to do this was Josh McDaniels, which should say it all.

Lol I also just remembered the Jeff Saturday revenge game.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Maybe Daboll will get fired and the Bills can bring him back as OC.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

I don't think it will happen (McD getting fired at end of season), but it should.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean at this point is not even over the top. They might not even make the playoffs

Bills? Basically 0% percent chance of making playoffs with that loss. Still have to play the Eagles, Chiefs, Cowboys, and Dolphins - all 4 will be losses with the way the team is playing.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Alexander Hamilton posted:

I'm an idiot, what does "play out of 11 personnel" mean?

1 RB and 1 TE (3 WR is implied by remaining positions essentially since you have 6 tied up between OL and QB). 12 personnel would have 1 RB, 2 TE, 2 WR and so on.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Probably Magic posted:

I know the Spanos are cheap, but Staley has to be gone if he loses to the Packers, right?

They'll probably wait until they are out of playoff contention but yeah

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Pablo Bluth posted:

McDermott.

I don't know how much pressure he's going to be in internally right now, but I reckon he's definitely reached the point where he's lost the fanbase and increasingly the media. Being able to build the foundations of a solid team means nothing when it's all pissed away so consistently at the times it matters.

Bills will talk themselves into not getting rid of McDermott with the injury reasoning, even if it's not the right call. Expect a mid-year firing next season if the Bills are still struggling.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

syzpid posted:

I mean he's not wrong because Wilson had one good game. He's still a huge anchor on the franchise.

Zach Wilson balling out also highlights that moving to loving Tim Boyle was a huge mistake, and that maybe Wilson could have kept the playoff hopes alive (still are technically, but not really).

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Lol no one is loving taking on Watsons contract. Browns are hosed for the next couple years and they better hope they can win this year.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

MikeCrotch posted:

I thought they were lining up for a tush push not victory formation, but at least under NCAA rules saying you are doing victory formation then running a play is an unsportsmanlike conduct

Might be that the refs were just like "it's the last play of the game" but I wonder whether there might be fines

Lol I hope not. If it is literally illegal to run plays out of victory formation, why even require the play to be run?

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Benne posted:

Yeah it's this. Same reason McVay brought in Wade Phillips when he first started.

Macdonald has already confirmed that he's calling defensive plays so "assistant head coach" is about as ceremonial as it gets.

I mean, there's a fuckload of work as a head coach beyond the gameday, so a veteren presence to help manage that workload as a new HC makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Fat Jesus posted:

Bill Belichick Buffalo Bills maybe if their current guy can't get them there. It sounds good at least

No. If/when the Bills move on from McDermott, they need to find an offensive guy that can scheme with Allen, instead of hoping to land an OC that then gets poached.