Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Minor comment: Packers coach is Matt LaFleur. Mike LaFleur is OC for the Rams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

a neat cape posted:

It seems hosed up that this is already year 7 in LA

No fuckin way

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Benne posted:

The Bears

Woooooof

Worst team in the league

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Bears paid for two ILBs after trading away Smith after doing nothing to upgrade their anaemic pass rush and lovely secondary

Da Bears

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

I think it would be cool if the Bears made Getsy their head coach

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

If they go 6-11 are they just going to run everyone back?

Almost certainly yeah. They'll have one first, two seconds, and two thirds to work with in the draft. Tons of dead money will soon be off the books. Love will get two chances to prove himself if they're not in a good position to draft a top QB. Lots of growing pains are to be expected with an offense this young.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Jordan Love is not a rookie. This is year 4 in the exact same offense, sitting behind one of the best QBs to watch and learn from. Assessing him with the same lens as any rookie QB is an insane amount of cope.

Packers should finish the season with him, because they have no better options and it will probably help them tank. If he's the starter next season you got to fire your GM.

Nah it's not cope. The offense isn't the same either. Rodgers and LaFleur deliberately married a lot of standard West Coast scheme with Shanahan stuff because that's what Rodgers was the most comfortable with and the West Coast concepts have largely been dropped. The team and the offense in particular went from the oldest in the league to the youngest in one offseason. The WRs have been running wrong routes, dropping a lot of catchable balls, and the entire OL has been banged up. He hasn't been particularly good, but neither has the offense as a whole, as one would expect when it's starting mostly first and second year players.

Love will be QB next season. Packers have a lot of draft capital to build out the rest of the roster that has been pretty gutted in favor of young players and a lot of dead money will be off the books.

Hot Diggity! fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Nov 9, 2023

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

Urban Meyer lasted 13 games

I think that says more about the Jags than it does the Panthers tbh. Reich sucked but wasn't a personal disaster as well. Panthers new to cut bait quick, the Jags...didn't.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

xbilkis posted:

People talking themselves into Carr as an impact signing this offseason was really really confusing to me. You can go lolMcDaniels all you want but he had very good weapons in Vegas and put up a below-average season last year; not sure why anyone expected anything better in New Orleans

I really don't think lolMcDaniels is quantifiable. Dude made Adams in his prime just a guy and caused him to complain.

NO doesn't have slouches at skill positions. Pretty reasonable to expect some kind of bounce back.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Posted about it in the NFCN thread but it's not surprising at all that Barry isn't getting let go until the end of the season. It's pretty widely assumed that his contract is up then and considering none of the position coaches inspire confidence or have playcalling experience keeping Barry in place is likely the best option available.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Ben Johnson's agent is saying that's not true, fwiw

https://twitter.com/Richmond__3/status/1737913093056004451

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

I want to see the full ranks

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1742959072444285385

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Ghost Dog posted:

rip stink fartindale

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Thank you penis economist

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Timby posted:

Wasn't the firing of Van Pelt the first (or, well, second, after the drafting of Love) thing to really get Rodgers pissed with the Green Bay front office?

Van Pelt wasn't fired, his contract expired in 2018 and he wanted to move on, apparently notifying McCarthy of this back in 2016. Rodgers said he wasn't consulted.

Love wasn't drafted until 2020.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

https://twitter.com/mikegarafolo/status/1750957577574273474

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Packers also looking at the Cowboys DL coach

https://twitter.com/toddarcher/status/1750959472225259786

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Timby posted:

Schefter's habitual misuse of possessive apostrophes irritates me on a level that I can't quite articulate.

Fairly certain he follows the AP style guide.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

https://twitter.com/tompelissero/status/1752348606336528706

Also looks like they've requested the Ravens' secondary coach.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/packers-request-dc-interview-with-dennard-wilson

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

decade of action for road safety 2011-2020

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Cowboys are likely to have a HC opening next season and Jerry is gonna open his wallet

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Anderson Koopa posted:

I ranked / rated every coach in the league based on how tough I think they are.

B-Tier - tough outs here
Matt Eberflus - played linebacker

uhhh

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Joe Barry hired by the Dolphins as Linebacker coach (good) and run-game coordinator (bad). The run game coordinator is a real head scratcher because Green Bay's defense was hot garbage against the run, allowing the second most per carry over the past three years at 4.7 yards.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Grozz Nuy posted:

Wait, he has a job on each side of the ball? Weird, I can't think of many cases of guys splitting responsibilities like that.

No, defensive run game coordinator.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Another has-been retread lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

I don't think the Trestman hire is too impactful but lol the guy openly admitted that he failed to develop Jay Cutler while still employed with the Bears which was one thing he was hired to do.