Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Dexo posted:

Hey Hi, how's it going.

I do t think they are as bad as the Giants funnily enough.

Unless you count scheming your QB into a sack as part of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I’m not sure you can say he’s a bad head coach when there is zero way to actually tell that

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Benne posted:

Ron Rivera has a losing record in eight of his 12 seasons, and somehow made the playoffs twice with a losing record. He is Jeff Fisher with a better PR department.

Carried by his nickname

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Saleh is in a personal hell where he has to save his job every two weeks

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

mcmagic posted:

I just really hope they cut bait on Zach Wilson this offseason and I'm worried that they are talking themselves into thinking he's a long term solution at QB. And I have no faith in Douglas to fix the QB position.

I mean they are gonna play Rodgers when he comes back so at that point Wilson will be so off and on I can’t see him being a long term anything

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I mean the jets benefited greatly from the Eagles shooting themselves in the foot. Which is fine a win is a win but it’s not something you can rely on with that weak an offense

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Diva Cupcake posted:

This again? At a certain point you give credit to the defense forcing these elite QBs to play like poo poo against them.

Patrick Mahomes, Josh Allen, and Jalen Hurts vs. the Jets Defense:

59% completion percentage
3TD/ 9 INT
5.7 YPA
17.0 PPG

I didn’t say the Defensive didn’t play well they obviously did but the Eagles objectively shot themselves in the foot that kept the jets true weak point their lovely offense alive

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

mcmagic posted:

Most NFL teams have bad OL's now. You need to play around them.

This is true, the number of teams that can put up a good online can probably be counted on a single hand

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

The packers were expected to be bad so certainly not this year

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I don’t think anyone in the Packers organization expected them to be “lose to the Broncos” bad.

It’s a QB league and they are playing functionally a rookie. You would like for them to start out like Strout is but realistically how likely is that

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

To be honest I don’t have much issue with the Packers offense they are having the growing pains you would expect. The Packers D does need a change up at this point but we are riding that train to the end it would seem

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

It’s honestly funny people were going into the season expecting the Packers to be bad, because they were, and now are shocked they are bad

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Kalli posted:

People thought the Packers would be bad, then they started 2-1 and Packers fans were smugging it up about finding a new HoF franchise QB and then they ate poo poo and every non-Pack fan is indeed loving it.

And now the pendulum has swung and Love is unplayable after six games, such is being an NFL fan I suppose. You only remember what happens last

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

The Packers are not giving up on Love after 8 games come on, I know sports fans are insanely reactionary but this is silly. He’s got at least this year plus maybe the next to show he can grow or not

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

He is a raw rookie. Playing the game is a lot different than practice and maybe a preseason game. Plus honestly he’s looked fine. Has had some accuracy issues on his long ball and the Packers strategy seems to be don’t even let him play in the first half at all but I’m perfectly fine with how he’s looking right now.

If he doesn’t improve then that will be a problem but cutting cord because he’s not Stroud with no plan or alternative is just stupid and pointless

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Jordan Love is not a rookie. This is year 4 in the exact same offense, sitting behind one of the best QBs to watch and learn from. Assessing him with the same lens as any rookie QB is an insane amount of cope.

Packers should finish the season with him, because they have no better options and it will probably help them tank. If he's the starter next season you got to fire your GM.

I’m glad fans have no actual say because they are dumb as poo poo

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

He says he can win one not that he will do it

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I mean at this point is not even over the top. They might not even make the playoffs

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

OneMoreTime posted:

McDermott getting fired this year would seem like an incredible overreaction on pair with stuff you see in the Premier League and whatnot that I honestly don't see how it could happen barring something catastrophic. Like maybe if next year the Bills are having the same weird turnover problems and losing games in comical ways I could see it but not this year after everything the Bills have gone through before he showed up.

The Bills had the turnover luck last year to.

The bills being a high turnover team is not new they just won enough so people didn’t really care

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Your gonna feel silly when he establishes six different subcultures and the Bills go undefeated for the rest of the season

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Probably Magic posted:

the defense that, to be clear, could not stop jordan love

Jordan love has improved a lot recently.

The bigger issue is they couldn’t score on a defense that covers sometimes

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

vaginite posted:

Lol Aaron Rodgers is such an organization killer. Like the dude won a super bowl almost 15 years ago and has spent every year since dunking on a terrible NFC North for the Packers to get eliminated at home in their first playoff game by whatever team won the NFC East at 7-9 that year, and he's convinced he's the smartest guy to ever be involved in football.

Now he's 39, has a bigger head than ever, can't even play and he's forcing coaches and GMs to build a staff and roster around his own best interests instead of the team, like he always has.

He's gonna spend a terrible 2-3 years in NYJ forcing them to keep Hackett and forbidding them from rostering any threats to his starting QB position or spending high draft picks on anything but receivers. After a couple 6-11 seasons where (assuming he doesn't get injured) he throws 18 TDs/17 INTs and has a 30 minute highlight reel of screaming at his o-line/coaches, the Jets will finally get sick of his poo poo and cut him.

I heard ayahuasca makes you more of who you really are, and in Rodgers case who he really is a dumb rear end in a top hat. LaFleur must be so glad to be finally rid of him.

I mean I think this is mostly unfair to Rodgers but it is funny how he keeps bringing along his lovely friends

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Honestly the Packers offense is following a similar pattern to last year. Started out rough but really started improving as the year went along.

Though it’s honestly much more fun to watch this year rather than last year of watching Rodgers and his risk adverse rear end refusing to throw anything but a sure thing

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Shrimpy posted:

They're going to do this just in time to put up 200+ rushing yards on the Packers.

Teams haven’t been going hard at the packers run defense lately despite how bad it is which I appreciate

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Yeah that seems completely backwards for development. No wonder he’s been so miserable

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Yeah your an idiot if you don’t want Bill as a coach

You are also an idiot if you want him to GM

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

So bill? Because he was winning before Brady

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Codependent Poster posted:

That's not an Onion article?

You sound like someone that couldn’t organize a terrorist attack

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Well after a rough start the chargers did score 21 points to the raiders 21. A good rebound for your boy

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I mean their defense is really bad but luckily their end of the season schedule is pretty easy

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

It’s going to be very funny when they lose do to Flacco throwing four picks tho

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

People make fun of Kawalius but I don’t think he’s that different than most posters here if we are being honest. Just a little ramped up

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Pontius Pilate posted:

And yet he still made them playoff relevant for several seasons post-Luck with their endless qb carousel, and an owner doing lines off Hendrix’s guitar. Not saying he’s a HoF coach or anything, but compared to Arthur Smith? eh

I mean and they are back to relevance with a QB carousel so maybe that’s just how the colts roll now

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

He was there for four years?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Grittybeard posted:

I can't imagine being a GM and telling Belichick 'no' about something. I have a track record here from the last decade+ that says I'm right, but Bill is going to rip me a new one for wanting to draft a good WR prospect. Or considering hiring assistant coaches he is not familiar with already and pointing out the bad ones.

Nightmare of an imagined job.

I mean I think it largely depends on how in to this idea Bill is. If he is forced into then yeah it’s hosed but if Bill understands he’s not good at it then fine

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

In that no one really cares about getting a garbage time TD one way or another?

Well except gamblers

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

The amount of people in this very thread saying "it would be too hard to come up with a contract" was hilarious. It's the literal GM's job to do exactly that. Plus, you could probably just copy/paste an existing contract and make some tweaks. Absolute lol at the people who didn't want Lamar because they'd have to open up MS Word.

There is a big difference between putting up a ton of work that was guaranteed to fail making it pointless and not getting a free draft pick because it was to hard

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

It wasn't guaranteed though. Baltimore was very much balking at Lamar's demands. Other teams had a shot and refused to even try. Sure, there was probably a 99% chance Baltimore matched, but why not take a shot at getting a franchise QB for the next decade by popping open MS Word for an hour or two?

They were balking at his demands, that does not mean they weren’t going to sign him if their hand was forced.

They weee never trotting out some journeyman QB

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I don’t know what this has to do with Bill who has not been fired yet and no hint he will be as of now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Kalli posted:

Keep Eberflus, fire his offensive staff, don't commit to Fields.

So draft a new QB, he doesn't play like CJ Stroud, fire Eberflus next year, bring in a new staff that isn't committed to the new guy, repeat again in 2026?

At the very least they won’t have the same offensive staff that ruined the old QB