Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Febreeze posted:

I wonder if Vance Joseph takes the hit instead because woof

Broncos defense was great last year so we know it's all coaching

broncos gave up two picks to hire payton, vance for sure is gone

the big problem with the broncos is that their linebackers are slow and they only have one patrick surtain (albeit one that happened to get fuckin COOKED by robbie chosen); miami is uniquely suited to making them look fuckin silly. vance is also way worse than vic as it turns out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

the last time bienemy had serious heat around him as a head coaching candidate, him (allegedly) choking a female parking attendant and being around during the colorado rape scandal were brought up a lot on twitter

i don't doubt that those things wouldn't have prevented a team from hiring bienemy if they really wanted to, but it does provide convenient cover to pass him over if there's a less good (read: racist) reason to not hire him

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Hamhandler posted:

I think it depends on what he would want to do. If he's trying to run his defense like his dad without him as GM willing to spend picks on some oddball rear end players I think it's a lot more dubious. "Yeah I could really use this 260 pound run-down only edge with the athletic profile of a 3-technique, we want to convert him to an ILB" probably something a lot of GMs aren't going to be comfortable with.

IMO I think the Brian Flores model is a lot more doable, just get normal guys and use the cool blitz package a bunch.

i feel like the defensive side of the ball has been the one part of the pats that hasn't been a fuckin trainwreck and the degree to which steve can replicate that without his dad or his personnel will be interesting to watch

i also don't feel like he has that same fascination with being clever that his dad does (or at least the roots of the pats roster construction and playcalling are bill and not steve) and would be happy building a defense full of just good, modern players, but who knows until he's actually out there on his own

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Benne posted:

Ben McAdoo, goofy TV dad

The dad after the show takes a dark turn in Season 3

turned into a real piece of poo poo

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Erainor posted:

That is a lot of sacks. Does Carr's brother still have the record for most times sacked in a season?

please don't refer to david carr as derek carr's brother

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Nervous posted:

What should we call David? Proto Derek?

former number one overall pick, fresno state legend, first draft pick ever made by the houston texans, take your pick

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

epic bacon posted:

one of the best offenses explicitly against very bad defenses and an absolutely worthless offense against good defenses

please be serious

the dolphins need to fix the interior OL and fire eichenberg into the sun, and they need to shore up the front 7 significantly. if neither of those things happen, sure, turn on the seat warmer, but it's 6-3 and the three losses have been against the super bowl winner, the runner up to the super bowl, and one of the top 5 teams in the afc, and other than the bills game, we were in all of them

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Docjowles posted:

These are all funny options but Bill owns a boat that he renames every time he wins another ring (RIP the future income of his boat painter) and he's probably going to just fart around the Florida coast like every other wealthy old white guy whenever he cashes out

I refuse to spoiler this content

bucs it is then

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Parallax posted:

McDaniels is an unlikable bitch but he had a proven track record under a defensive coach, even taking Mac to a pro bowl* season. Bieniemy had an opportunity this year to prove something and didn't really do jack poo poo?

howell looked pretty good for big chunks of the season even though the wheels ended up coming off at the end

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

embarrassingly small offer

you're gonna need to give up your first as well, there's no way you're moving up and keeping the #2 pick

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

misread it and that's my fault

anyways idk fields is probably fine enough to roll with and the reason they have the first overall isn't because of their record, it's because they fleeced the panthers

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Ayudo posted:

I don't subscribe to the Athletic, but please tell me this is an anonymous quote and not obsequious fawning by the writers on behalf of billionaire rich dicks.

The worst sort of access journalism either way.

quote:

The Commanders already conquered competitors in the general manager market by landing Peters. Like it or not, those other organizations would have their day.

lol, lmao

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

why does the larger coach not simply defeat the other coach in hand to hand combat

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

The Solak tweet has the wrong college name - the ol' Chipster is the HC of UCLA right now, not Oregon.

i think the guy who knows who dan lanning is was making a joke

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

you don't have to be a hot take artist. it's okay. stay in your lane oomfie

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

rjmccall posted:

There is absolutely no point in engaging with indigi on this. They are not posting to talk to you.

that's fair i'm not a nonbinary 18 year old

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

if you need a guy to run a 2 high that gets shredded underneath, that's your man

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

they interviewed staley and another guy, they'll probably have a hire soon

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

i mean jake browning and the bengals offense looked good against everyone they played besides the chiefs and the steelers, i don't know that giving up 400 yards to him is some great shame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

?? Browning threw for his second most yards in a game against the Steelers, with 335 yards that game (his second game against the Steelers), so I'm not sure what you are referring to. His other game against the Steelers he did fine, he definitely didnt look bad against them (according to the stat sheet, anyway, because I cant say that I saw the game).

bengals offense put up a combined total of 21 points against the steelers the two times they played them; when i say browning and the bengals offense, i mean browning and the bengals offense

i don't care about empty yards in the middle of the field