Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Frankly I think people should stop trying to die on the bienemy hill, dude has something that makes him a do not head coach hire and it's not race (any more than the baseline racism in coach hiring)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
did he really coach though?

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I don't know how bill would take it, but I'm confident that relinquishing GM duty would be the first step before firing.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I think yall are being way too judgemental, Mac is only a rookie! He's got some growing up to do sure, but I think it's very understandable for him to be frustrated after doing nothing but win his entire life.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

BlindSite posted:

I think Frank Reich needs to go.

Should have been thinking this the second it was made clear his intention was to draft Bryce Young as the franchise qb.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Qb height is mostly a draft meme, but Bryce young is so small he should never have been a serious choice as a qb in the NFL. No amount of skill and intelligence can overcome the massive disadvantages he faces. It's geometry.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

BlindSite posted:

Adam schefter was on the punter jocks show and talked about Tepper being known for being impatient and said changes at HC if Carolina doesn't turn it around would not be surprising.

Interesting he'd be so specific and so open about it.

Makes sense given the NBA just cycles through coaches like underwear.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

BlindSite posted:

This needs to stop being canonised. It's a rumour based on McCown saying "if you come to Carolina we'll shoot hoops" and then the next day 100% of the press being about how dicks out we were for Bryce but because Tepper cheer leaded it, it's become the absolute truth.

Bryce isn't the problem.

Bro your team drafted Ron desantis #1 overall

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Sirriani's seat is definitely hot right now. Defense might as well not even come to the games they are nonexistant. Offense hasn't been able to figure it out all season and hurts regressing by the week. Need to bring someone in to right the ship before it sinks here.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

BlindSite posted:

Doesn't sirianni have like a 75% win rate or something stupid hight?

As fake as daks qb stats. 100% of the wins are due to howie.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Hearing rumors that Sirriani is done as soon as they lose a playoff game.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Hamhandler posted:

I did not know Pat White worked for the Chargers, wild:

https://www.chargers.com/team/coaches-roster/pat-white

My man! I wonder if he survives the slaughter.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
On the other hand you shouldn't have made him a first round pick, same as Bryce young.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
He was only graded that high due to the insane qb inflation in the league today. Everyone is super desperate and nobody has the answer to what makes a good qb.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I can tell you with absolute certainty nobody in pittsburgh cares about their college football team at university of pittsburgh.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

CapnAndy posted:

That was the result of some hosed-up power struggle with Wentz, though, I thought.

yeah lurie wanted to move on from wentz to... hurts lmao

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Sirianni is a nobody who was hired to be a yes man and just guide the stacked roster to wins. Was carried by coordinators up until this year when they left and now the emperor is fully clothed.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Lol when chip Kelly kicked out LeSean Mccoy to bring in Demarco murray...

Pederson should have been made coach for life gently caress you lurie. He dragged this franchise from chip Kelly's wild ride to our first super bowl and you had the audacity to power struggle with him over Wentz vs. Hurts (tbf everyone looks like a huge loser in this thanks to hindsight)

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Just got off the phone with Lurie, sirianni is DONE as soon as the eagles lose the wildcard game.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Just got off the phone with WIP. Sirianni is being left on the tarmac in Arizona. Finally we can begin healing.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Mega64 posted:

Seems excessive since the game was in Philly, but I guess ownership must be that pissed off.

Gotts get him as far away as exculpatory so he can't find his way back.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Are all of you insane? I've been saying fire siranni for months now. This is the most slam dunk firing of the offseason. Dude is loving Josh McDaniels levels of franchise destroying.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Would be a great time to fire sirianni imo. So many good potential coaches out there, would rather kick the tires than keep the useless husk that just committed the biggest collapse in franchise history.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Dutchy posted:

When they were 10-1 I feel like a lot of people (self included) thought they weren't really playing the level you'd associate with 10-1, but were also capable of playing better, so it was kinda like "The Eagles are 10-1 and aren't even showing how good they are yet." And instead they got thrashed by SF and DAL and spent most of the last month failing to crack 20 on offense and ended with the 30th ranked scoring defense.

So I don't follow the Eagles closely enough to say if this is really all on Sirianni or not but I can say if I were an Eagles fan I'd be losing my loving mind too.

Yep the entire season was agonizing frustration to watch because you're thinking this team was so close to another super bowl win, but every week was a strugglefest and you're thinking well they're getting the wins, once they finally figure it out they'll be amazing. But instead of getting it all together, the jets happened. Then we got to the backend of the schedule with actual teams and the team completely collapsed. Getting worse every week, making patricia DC, getting WORSE.

Sirianni is a nobody, he brings nothing of value in terms of x and o's. He was hired as a no brain yes man as a response to the power struggle pederson firing. It's all the coordinators and this year he picked the worst loving coordinators, with a loving midseason panic move of making matt fuckhead patricia DC. Absolutely no reason to keep him unless the locker room absolutely loves him for some reason which I'm gonna go out on a limb that this is not the case considering the team gave up weeks ago.

He needs to be thrown the gently caress out and we give one of the many talented coordinators out there a shot instead of having a guy that runs a high school offense.

It's a barry switzer with the cowboys scenario

Asproigerosis fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Jan 10, 2024

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Reich called plays though. I do admit that my manic hysteria hinges a lot on who was making decisions with respect to patricia. If it was sirianni, loving fire him immediately, dump him in camden. If it was howie or lurie, I will be sullen.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

razorscooter posted:

with hurts and brown out sirianni probably has one of the best injury excuses a bad coach could have, so him coming back wouldn't be that crazy

Team didn't even show up against the giants, so having the starters play was bullshit and gently caress this sirianni he is a BUM.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Yeah Andy had to leave philly, his personal life was in a super dark place and the team was getting real bad. It is regrettable, but I will always love him.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I know everyone is rightly talking about the hot big news, but I just wanted to take a quick second to respond to my yes man sirianni hot take. The reason it'd be different this time and not just another yes man hire is because his initial hire was a crime of passion immediately after the headbutting with pederson and lurie/howie have seen the results of hiring a nobody that doesn't bring anything to the table in the worst collapse in franchise history. So that is why they need to loving fire him now before the bucs game so we can start getting to work on one of the many great candidates this offseason instead of keeping this terd for another season. Hell, make patricia the interim head coach for the playoff game, it'd be funny. Of course leave him in tampa afterwards.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I'd take a 3 year stint of Billy belichicks wild ride in philly.

What the worst defense you've ever seen in your life does to a motherfucker.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Panthers head coach kliff kingsburgy

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Same

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
The idea the Seahawks were interested in Quinn before today was ridiculous. After today? Hmm.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

kalensc posted:

Cross-posting from aftermath, but Dak is at the podium saying McCarthy was the reason the regular season went so well, that he himself sucked tonight, and if Mike's job is at risk then Dak's should be as well.

(Dak post-game crediting McCarthy for his season, and tying himself to Mike going forward.)

https://twitter.com/clarencehilljr/status/1746708940715401602?s=20

https://twitter.com/toddarcher/status/1746709689088221556?s=20

https://twitter.com/calvinwatkins/status/1746709988184051737?s=20

Why would he be talking about McCarthy job if the only people talking about it before the game were internet weirdos? I'm sure he isn't up there protesting too much.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Dak can do it as long as you always start the game with a 2 score lead and never go into halftime losing.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
EAGLES SUPERSTAR HANK FRALEY?!

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Howie crafting the geriatric back 7 is a concerning line item though.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
If you don't like the Antonio pierce hire, I don't think you understand what football is.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
You gotta keep a hot talent like Matt patricia.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I think its time buffalo faced facts and moved on from mcdermott. he's clearly not the guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Kurgarra Queen posted:

He'll be there for at least two more years.

I think he just needs a fresh start, come back to where it all began in philly.

I'd also need some of his blood, for unrelated research involving some cantrips and the exhumed body of Jim Johnson.