Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

a neat cape posted:

Give me my goddamn Chargers back

The Chargers have a 20 year lease to stay in LA which means as soon as Dean Spanos no longer owns the team the new owner will break the lease as soon as they can get a new stadium built.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Carlosologist posted:

Hard to disagree with Saleh getting a legitimate mulligan here

The way the defense played he's not going to need it.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Seattle was enjoying all those five and seven step drops they kept asking Jones to make.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I think at this age, the only team Bill would probably go to is the Giants. Which would probably be a disaster.

How would NY becoming a disaster be a change?

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

The extension was in the offseason, the news about it is just getting out now.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

mcmagic posted:

I don't think O'Connell is a good coach but him being on that list is silly. 0 chance he's fired.

How to say you haven't paid any attention to the Vikings without saying you haven't paid attention to the Viking.

The team is playing great despite a lot of fluke turnovers.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Cognac McCarthy posted:

I want to see some championship team from the '30s play against an average modern high school team. The old guys could probably manhandle the teens on the line but they'd be absolutely discombobulated by "route running"

Ever so often there's a topic about legendary players from the past playing today and there's a lot of "They wouldn't be strong enough, they wouldn't be fast enough." I think there's a dude from the league's first year who could have played today. Fritz Pollard was the star player on the Ackron Pros, the first NFL Champion. He was faster than Jim Thorpe , elusive and smart. He was 5"9" and 166 pounds. It's unlikely he would be a star today but he would have certainly been a scat back or slot receiver.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I like the Kevin O'Connell / Brian Flores mix in Minnesota, although it may not last. So I'm good for now.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

The expectations fans have of coaches remind of Lou Holtz's story about Notre Dame. "The expectations at Notre Dame were always so difficult. When I went there they said, ‘coach, we just want to be competitive.’ The first year we lost five games by a total of 14 points, which I thought was competitive, and the alums said, ‘no you don’t understand, competitive to us means to win not just come close. The second year we win and go to the cotton bowl and they said, ‘we don’t just want you to win, we want you to win them all.’ The third year we win them all and they said, ‘no we meant by a big score.’”

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

There's not a coach in the NFL whose firing hasn't been called for several times in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Honestly same with Harbaugh until this season. AFC North fans are loving spoiled babies

Kawalmus in GameDay thread "This team is awful. I don't see them winning another game. The coach and GM should be fired. We're one and done when we get to the playoffs."

In the game : Ravens are embarrassing the best team in the NFC and are currently the number one seed in the AFC.