Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Kirios posted:

Are we...sure Eberflus is safe?
He never should have got that job. It was the Bearsiest decision to hire a guy that specialized in a dinosaur Defense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

a neat cape posted:

The talent level on the Broncos defense is also way exaggerated because of how good they looked under Evero in the first half the year last year.

They started coming apart over the second half of the season
This is 100% correct.

They can fire VJ but nobody wants that job.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Simplex posted:

I pretty firmly believe the Broncos defense have been tigers for a long time now, it's just that nobody was concerned about their offense. Everybody played them pretty conservatively, because pretty much the only way the Broncos could win is if you gifted them a bunch of opportunities off of turnovers.

Now the Broncos have some semblance of an offense but a weak defense is getting utterly exposed.
Are we sure about that? They've played 2 garbage teams so far and 3 quarters of garbage time against Miami.

Not sold that the Offense is functional.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Kalli posted:

I don't think he'll be on the team. His $37m 2025 salary becomes guaranteed if he is.

If Russ stinks enough to be benched, he's getting cut and the Broncos are just going to take a brutal dead cap hit next year.
I don't know. They're already over the cap as-is for 2024. To make that move work I think they would really have to tear that roster down to the bare walls.

Realistically, that's exactly what they should do but it's not likely. They would just be telling fans to not show up for an entire year and I don't know if that ownership group would be willing to swallow their pride for that to happen.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

He was and still is a turnstile. :laugh:

Have to really give credit to Pete Carrol. Did a hell of a job squeezing every last bit of usefulness out of Russel and still managed to dump him off for an absurd return.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Docjowles posted:

I hope the Chargers someday get competent coaching because even with no attachment to the team it’s depressing to see so many cool and good players wasted year after year
I hope they hire a bad coach.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Ain't got Belichick and McDaniels money. Will settle for a Rex Ryan and Adam Gase.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Didn't seem like Reich had any confidence in Young at all and well can't really blame him but probably can't keep a HC like that.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

indigi posted:

No he isn't

He's offensive to watch

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Durandal1707 posted:

Dean let the relationship between AJ Smith and Marty rot and fall apart so badly that he basically had to pick one or the other. Marty trying to hire his brother onto the coaching staff after the Chargers were raided by everybody in the league gave him a convenient excuse to dump him.

It was wrong, of course. Marty's career is a man who couldn't win a title, but every team he coached also fell apart without him. The Chiefs I guess are the exception, maybe? I don't remember the teams before Vermeil came on very well. The Chargers were good for a few years after, but also AJ's drafting went straight into the toilet and I think a lot of why he looked like a better talent evaluator than he really was, is because Marty knew how to coach up the guys that were drafted for him, and Norv wasn't as good in that respect.
The Chiefs were mediocre under Gunther until he found out he was fired by reading the paper.

Mediocre for a few more years under Vermeil until 2003 happened. I remember Trent Green being known as TrINT his first year here.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

aperion posted:

The only thing I give a poo poo about right now is if Telesco is fired alongside Staley. If Spanos lets that milquetoast dipshit choose another head coach and work another draft, I'm just done with this garbage-rear end team. At this point it's blatantly clear that Telesco is at the heart of all this team's problems that can be realistically solved. He can't draft worth a poo poo, can barely do free agency adequately, and has managed to let way too much good talent walk out the door. I never forgot how Eric Weddle got treated in his last season, and over the years, Telesco proved that was the real first giant red flag about his poo poo performance right up there with Donald Butler's contract extension.

To be clear, Dean Spanos and his loser-rear end kids are the real problem, but I don't see them going anywhere anytime soon so I'm not even gonna bother speculating about them.
Does it really matter who is picking the coach when ownership is shopping at Dollar Tree?

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

a neat cape posted:

Can we fire everyone now

Herbie is injured. Everyone needs one year.

Please.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

On a scale from one to Josh McDaniels, how fired will Saleh be in a few weeks?

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

epic bacon posted:

i think looking back at Saleh's handling of QBs after Rodgers went down he probably did the best he could all things considered. the team straight up went all-in on building a team around a 52 year old QB and they are suffering the consequences of that decision but how much can Saleh be blamed for it
Sending Wilson out to get lit up behind that poo poo line in a meaningless game, after telling him they were gonna trade him during the offseason, seems like a really bad decision.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Placing my bet here. When the Cowboys get smoked by the 49ers in the playoffs again, Jerry makes a deal with the devil and fires Mike for Belichick.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Benne posted:

Eberflus staying doesn't surprise me too much, they have been playing better of late and we all know that ownership has the fuckin patience of Job. Might also mean they give Fields one more year, which will have big draft implications.

I don't get the logic of keeping Arthur Smith. This year was supposed to be playoffs-or-bust and they might get eliminated today. You can't spin the season as anything but a failure.
This. This will be the time an old regime picking a new QB for the next regime will work for the Bears.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

mcmagic posted:

tbh i feel like the raiders are a prime trade up for QB candidate.
Feels like they would be a prime target if the Bears decide to trade Justin Fields.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Black Sunshine posted:

Dorsey must be a tremendous rear end in a top hat because, from my memory, he can draft really well but nobody wants him around long anyway.

A gigantic one. Dude has no people skills.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

John Brown posted:

So what’s the outlook on Bieniemy?

Is he a highly sought OC given Howell finished with as many picks as TDs?
It doesn't seem like his stock changed any. The Commanders Offense was rear end but he was being asked to perform a miracle.

He probably ends up back in Kansas City with some new made up title.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

The Romeo Crennel interim period was good. The actual run ended with Jevon Belcher...

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Given the circumstances, Davis probably made the best choice. I'd imagine he has a short leash that they can abandon if removing the tag is a disaster.

Better than going for McDaniels, again.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

mcmagic posted:

Wasn't there media reports that Harbaugh was at least interested in talking to the Raiders? Vrabel and Carroll are still out there even if Belichick wasn't going there.
I'd say at least half of what we read is total bullshit.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

fsif posted:

His defense forcing one punt against a mediocre Chiefs offense is pretty damning.
I mean like, that Hardman fumble is kind of life a punt. So, 2.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

indigi posted:

the "photoshop new acquisition in team gear" thing looks so weird with coaches

I enjoyed the poorly done mspaint team change era.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Not sure if that hire would make sense for the 49ers.