Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Yeah this has to be make or break on Saleh & Co.

Gonna lol when Stefanski finally gets fired and finally brings an end to the Haslem Analytics era. Watson will get to pick his coach because there's no other option than to cater to him for 4 more years. Keep being a disaster browns!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

The mormon church could add a pro sports team to their investment portfolio

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

Bears are so bad that firing Eberflus feels pointless. You gotta change it from the top down. Everything

To bad you can't fire owners

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

The team is already in the poo poo why the hell would you add Wentz to that situation? Yeah let's bring in a guy openly hated by evey team he's played for, he'll fix things.

The Jets are just hosed this year. The plan was Rodgers or bust soon as they told Carr he was the backup plan. It's bust.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

It's like these young defensive wunderkin are dependent on talent more than their scheme's.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

I had a completely different picture in my head of what he looked like.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

CapnAndy posted:

With what money and/or picks?

Anyhoo, fire Josh McDaniels, he is both stupid and a coward.

https://twitter.com/SleeperNFL/status/1706155080368447872?s=19

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

I want Ken Dorsey to get a HC job for the sideline version of his booth tantrum

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You should be calling for it anyway

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Denver and Chicago should go ahead and pull the trigger and start the bidding war for Bienemy

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

MJeff posted:

Four games into the season, is Bienemy getting himself any closer to a HC gig?

He's without a doubt the top candidate

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

mcmagic posted:

Disagree with this. Ben Johnson is the top candidate. EB has gotten like 19 interviews and no jobs..... You have to think there is a reason for that.

1A to 1B

The Chiefs do not look the same without Bieniemy. My only reservation was him being behind Reid and Mahomes to go with Matt Nagy's complete breakdown had me wonder. He's looking legit as hell right now. Granted we're talking about this in week 4 and poo poo can change.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

4 of the last 8 coty winners deserve to be fired and they're all even year winners. Well Jason Garret and Matt Nagy have been.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Daboll aint getting fired yet but he's giving off Nagy and Stefanski stink.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Alabama is going to have an opening at the rehab clinic

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Was it Ceedee Lamb that snatched his phone back from his girlfriend?

And god the moms pushing girlfriends aside was funny

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Ron is a lame duck and Bienemy is coaching for his future. Hell Ron was a lame duck last year. There was no chance he was getting retained anyway

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

I mean Bienemy aint the problem. Could replace Del Rio and give somebody on staff a shot before ownership cleans house.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Would they be checked out though? Right now Bienemy is a legit HC candidate. I'd expect kind of a revitalized team. Ron and likely Del Rio are the dead men walking.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Bienemy has the hotshot young (for the NFL) OC thing going. I really don't see why it would be bad for him to take the interim especially if it comes with firing Del Rio. He leads them to .500 with Sam Howell of all people that's only upping his resume. There's every reason to not give a single poo poo under Rivera but Bienemy is a really candidate and would be a splash hire for new ownership. The roster isn't exactly bad (outside Howell) either. The Commies don't HAVE to be bad this year.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Benne posted:

Historically, interim coaches promoted to full-time have a vanishingly low success rate, with way more Mike Singletarys than Dan Campbells. From the ownership's perspective, they want a flashy new hire, not to just keep the interim guy and make it look like they "settled." And from the coach's perspective, you're effectively shutting yourself out of the market if you're in demand.

There's just very little upside and a ton of risk, especially for a guy like Bienemy who's trying to jumpstart his career. Coaches hate interim jobs because it's viewed as a dead end, often for good reason.

I still completely reject the idea from an ownership standpoint that Bienemy wouldn't be a a flashy hire if things go ok. It's him and Ben Johnson for hot candidate next hiring cycle if the offense keeps going. It's a flat out silly notion. They're going to be interviewing him at the end of the season as is.

Campbell was a pre-McVay/flashy young OC trend interim on his 5th year of coaching in 2015. Would that Campbell who'd been under Phillibin and Sparano been the same guy as the one who spent 5 more years under Payton? That's a much improved resume. Bisaccia (special teams), Gregggg (defense), Morris (defense), Saturday (lol) and Wilks (defense) were not offensive guys like those teams ended up hiring. Darrell Bevell and Joe Philbin are the only recent OC's to get interim gigs. It could be a dead end but I just don't see it as something that has to utterly tank him.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Have wet considered that Kawa is right?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

the panthers turned down 2 first rounders for brian burns

goooooooooooooooood god

Should be frantically calling to get that offer back

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Next in line for playcalling is Brian Schottenhiemer. Pretty sure they're just kinda hosed.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Their cap is pretty fixable especially when the inevitable increase hits. That defensive line spending though goddamn and McGlinchey of all people. Could've sworn that guy was a turnstile in SF.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

LiquidFriend posted:

He was and still is a turnstile. :laugh:

Have to really give credit to Pete Carrol. Did a hell of a job squeezing every last bit of usefulness out of Russel and still managed to dump him off for an absurd return.

jfc they're paying him 20apy. Launch Patton into the sun with Russ

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Diva Cupcake posted:

Yes everyone will be itching to hire Darell Bevell.

He's trending back up with the Dolphins humming. It's a good place to repair his reputation.

Adun posted:

Why are we pretending that the three hottest coaching candidates this off-season won’t be the OC, QB coach, and WR coach of the Miami Dolphins?

They're behind Beinemy and Ben Johnson but they'll have a market.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Shindragon posted:

I was about to say , would it be a stretch that Staley's chair is getting warm? Dude's a goddamn joke

I'm going with Ross' earlier statement that he'll make it through the season but there's a timer is ticking on the rocket strapped to his chair

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Thought I remembered you saying that but couldn't remember exactly. The opposite of a Haslam

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Colts and I'm pretty sure the Raiders interviewed Bisaccia

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Forrest on Fire posted:

How does this translate to Stefanski, LeFleurs, Anthony Lynn (Mike Shannahan disciple), and Arthur Smith

Stefanski was a Vikings lifer for 10ish years before Cleveland. Dude also sucked as a coordinator, he just says enough corporate jargan that people were impressed with him

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Woozie66 posted:

His one year as an OC was actually really good, until losing to the 9ers in the playoffs.

Like you said though, he isn't a Shanny disciple. If anything, it's a real roundabout Reid disciple if anything.

10th ranked offense for 1 year. It's wild that he got hype. Like that's fine. He can stick around through Watsons contract so I can keep making fun of his dumb playcalling.

Best browns coach since Schottie ain't exactly a high bar. Stefanski is all of 2 games above 500.

Q_res posted:

No, the coach Jimmy Haslam deserves is Josh McDaniels. We just don't live in a timeline that would allow something that funny to happen.

I'm still surprised Haslam didn't land McDaniels. He visited for like 4 days during that hiring cycle. Really want to know what kept the deal from going through.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Packers GM Brian Gutekunst has built an utter trash fire of a team and should be fired right now. LaFleur might be good, but the coaching staff under him has been picked clean and the leftovers are all awful. It’s time to move on, because he’s, at best, ineffective.

Time for a new GM to start to rebuild this team from scratch next year. :sigh:

Is the roster really that bad outside Love and not cutting bait on Bathraki years ago? The defense strikes me as having the same problem the commies do. No lack of talent just piss poor coaching

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Howell kind of sucks along with the line sucking. There's only so much suck you can compensate for.

There's no way in hell Rivera thinks he's employed after the season. Dude openly thought he would be done after last year.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

He'll get a shot at bringing up his own qb. Remains to be seen if he'll go full Nagy

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

So how long is McDaniels leash?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Febreeze posted:

I think Mark Davis can't afford to fire him yet lol

The team is worth like 6 billion now that they're in Vegas. Triple the last time he was broke and handed Gruden 100mil

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

He's a billionaire with a money printing business, which means laughably low interest loans the plebs can't have. 10mil a year is still big money for an NFL coach. I can't believe a man in his position didn't have easy access to cash.

Well, maybe the Spanos family. Miniscule fan base that leases the stadium from the team they share a market with.

Edit: hell if can't afford a new coach how is he expecting to pay Maxx Crosby? A new rookie coach is like 8mil right now.

Ches Neckbeard fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Oct 31, 2023

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

So they had a meeting with Adams on Monday. Going to guess he demanded heads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Ornery and Hornery posted:

What violation(s) did Michigan do?

Had a dude stealing handsigns in the most tracable way possible