Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
Rodgers wormtonguing Hackett into jets hc is absolutely gonna happen though maybe not during the season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Like if they don’t win the Super Bowl I think he’ll do that

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Lmfao at that guys gigantic inferiority complex

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Diva Cupcake posted:

What I’m saying is that the NFL is better with Rex in the league.

Facts

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Was this article unearthed from a time capsule from july

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

SKULL.GIF posted:

Does Kraft have any children who would inherit the team?

yeah his son johnathan will take it over he's already pretty involved

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Black Sunshine posted:

Is there any other coach who can challenge McDaniels as the most hated coach in NFL history? I'm having a hard time coming up with someone so universally despised by multiple fanbases.

Usually a coach is "hated" because he sucks or whatever but it's not true hatred, it's just frustration and at some point, as a human being you're like "well he's probably honestly trying his best but he's just not good at this so please go away" but with Josh I'd be pretty okay with watching him being tossed to a literal pack of wolves in the wilderness and letting nature take it's course.

Urban Meyer, Matt Patricia

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

ChrisBTY posted:

I wonder how these statistics are found out. Do people at Elias spend every day brainstorming what weird stats they can throw at the world or is there an algorithm or...

they have a big database and an ability to search it. like imagine if any time you had a passing thought of "hey wonder how often <football thing> happens" you could get number

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Reporter: Coach, why are you so stinky. Will you start taking showers? Will you change your habits and begin wiping your butt after you poop like a big boy?
Staley: No, I don’t wipe my butt and never have. I’ll continue as usual.
Normal people: wtf why would you admit that
Goons: he’s just answering a question

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

The Night Of Broken-Up Pass

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Sounds like a you problem then

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

You never want to be the guy that follows the Guy, but as long as we avoid a chip kelly style outing I'll be happy

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

I just hope they get a former coordinator and not a guy from the minors that poo poo never works

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

a neat cape posted:

https://twitter.com/alexinsdorf99/status/1736916390555103594?t=AowcG2fBIxfc28hxGPzLWw&s=19

https://twitter.com/GACPodcast17/status/1736920184219459641?t=lNKJ8B7fYk98mnLvaXDpqw&s=19

All just words until proven otherwise, but if there's really no financial limitations on hiring a coach, it's a step in the right direction

That's signalling they're interested in belichick and would give him full roster control imo

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

well yeah but belichick would be there so you'd get good version

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

mcmagic posted:

I'm talking about his prime steelers teams man though even recently he has had pretty good rosters and has hosed up QB almost as badly as the Jets have. It's not 100% the GM's fault that they haven't fixed QB. He has a lot of power there.

Those prime steelers teams, the guys that got them there were guys he coached up. Just like you can't blame all the downsides of the roster on the GM due to his control, you can't lay all the cred for those rosters at the GM's feet because Tomlin and his staff are involved in the personnel selection and responsible for developing them.

I think a fair criticism of Tomlin as a head coach is that his teams seemed underprepared for big moments and sputtered out when it mattered but to the people drawing comparisons with Andy Reid that's like exactly what people used to say about him as well lol. Tomlin is a great but not perfect coach and there's a good chance that a change of scenery might do for him what it did for Reid.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

One of my favorite things in sports is fandoms looking at a player or coach who was great but is in decline due to "time is undefeated" and rationalizing it away by saying they were always bad. Like just accept that nothing lasts forever why is this so hard

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Putting Mike McCarthy in a very specific seat of honor on the team 737 max

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Nervous posted:

First article inspections during practice?

incoming materiel fractional inspections (breaking out the calipers to try and figure out cooper dejean)