Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

The Old Apartment by Barenaked Ladies

You took mine, love that song

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist
All the Tired Horses by Bob Dylan

I like most of Dylan's stuff but if you didn't like Dylan, this song is so different, it might be the one you like

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Call Your Grandma posted:

a tribe called quest - i left my wallet in el segundo

Surely you mean Can I Kick It?

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Joan Baez, the Night they Drove Old Dixie Down

Not sure if covers count but most of her stuff is just okay (Diamonds and Rust is good for being Dylan adjacent) and this one I like more than the original

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist

~Coxy posted:

Don't tell the AU thread that I'm suggesting TISM.
Thunderbirds is the only song of their that is unironically listenable.

Apart from that,

Dancing in the Dark by Bruce Springsteen
Celebrity Skin by Hole
Unchain My Heart by Joe Cocker

Idk, I get not being into Springsteen, but how can the one song you think is good be a massive cheesy overproduced single like Dancing in the Dark?

That whole album usually sounds better in covers imo, the Downtown Boys do a great version of Dancing in the Dark, Basia Bulat's Glory Days is a great interpretation, etc.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Hmm, will anyone go to bat for the Sugarcubes?

This was Bjork's band before her solo career. One song is amazing, Birthday, but every other song I've heard always includes a verse sung by some other dude in the band which kinda ruins whatever they were going for imo

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Idk, Soda by Gob is burned into my head from hearing it a million times on some ancient punk o rama sampler CD, it's at least as good, so they don't suck suck

I want to jump in a lake

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist

deep dish peat moss posted:

I had never heard Soda before but I just listened to it and I'll concede

Tbh I'd never heard the song you posted and listened to it so I feel like we both won

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist
gently caress that Everclear song really is aces. The chorus reminds me of Vampire the Masquerade

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist

JnnyThndrs posted:

I hate Pearl Jam with every fiber of my being, Vedder’s style of singing is just horrible, but they knocked it out of the loving park with ‘Do the Evolution’. Great song, even better video.

it's pretty true, "I'm the first mammal to wear pants, yeah" is always running through my head when I hear the latest 'achievement' of humanity

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Disco Pope posted:

The Offspring suck and like 90% of their songs are like "this person is poor and its their own fault, look at this fukken strawman" over the worst kind of punk (so-cal skater pish). If anyone in your goofball punk band is a PhD, please stop making music because the disconnect between the social and economic capital you have to have to achieve that makes your take on class issues terrible.

The Kids Aren't Alright rips though.

??

Beheaded
Watch you squirt like a garden hose
Beheaded
Bloody mess all over my clothes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Is Rancid so cal punk? I always loved them, since they were half of Operation Ivy which I also loved.

certainly a song like Sidekick suggests they're on the correct side of capital or whatever your issue with Offspring is