Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how long does trump go to jail for?
life
no jail time
elected president from a jail cell
goku
View Results

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

drat fools

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

An Apple A Gay posted:

the phish from Vermont
the sphere
Las Vegas , nv
04/18/2024

set I
everything's right
back on the train
wolfman's brother
maze

I'm enjoying this "Cylon in the bathtub" gimmick

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Lpzie posted:

drat fools

good morning Lpzie, I hope you're well

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

"I haven't seen General Lee in days. I'm starting to wonder if he still thinks I'm one of his boys."

"Don't be ridiculous. Of course you're one of his boys. We all are! We're his boys!"

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Horseshoe theory posted:

Liz is trying to combine cats and dogs to make cogs. :downsrim:

Go on, tell us about these wondrous creatures

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

In the early morning, General Lee rises from his cot, splashes water on his old beard, and steps out of his tent.

The Army of Northern Virginia has been hard-pressed by Grant. Supplies are short. The situation might be called desperate, but General Lee is not a pessimist.

He looks out over the field of tents, some already showing signs of smoke from makeshift breakfast preparations.

"Me boys", he thinks to himself. "Me boys."

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Celtic languages have a lot of "directed" grammatical constructs. When you say in Irish "I have two children", you make a sentence that's like "there are two children at me", "tau beirt clan agam"

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

AGP says that Latin and Celtic are really similar, I am on the fence but I am also deeply ignorant

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I'm still amazed at the theory that the original british isles scottish celts were scythian immigrants.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
The possibility that the Coronation Chair could be damaged or destroyed by German air raids during the Second World War resulted in it being moved to Gloucester Cathedral for the duration of the war. Concerns about the propaganda implications of the Stone falling into German hands led to it being hidden behind ancient lead coffins in a burial vault under Abbot Islip's Chapel, situated off the north ambulatory of the abbey.[22] Other than the Dean, Paul de Labilliere and the Surveyor of the Fabric of Westminster Abbey, Charles Peers, only a few other people knew of its hiding place. Worried that the secret could be lost if all of them were killed during the war, Peers drew up three maps showing its location. Two were sent in sealed envelopes to Canada, one to the Canadian Prime Minister William King, who deposited it in the Bank of Canada's vault in Ottawa. The other went to the Lieutenant Governor of Ontario, who stored his envelope in the Bank of Montreal in Toronto. Once he had received word that the envelopes had been received, Peers destroyed the third map, which he had been keeping at his bank.

lmao loving fake rear end country

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)
look bud you may not like it but if the man isn’t in the chair and the chair isn’t on the rock, is he really king?

no, obviously, it’s so simple

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 393 days!

Joementum posted:

Liz’s most famous appearance in the strip:

:staredog:

A_Druish_Princess
Jan 12, 2024

An Apple A Gay posted:

my buddy changed our slang instead of blowing bags (volcano vape bags) he called it blowing volume and then I said lets do blowing cubic f e e t

a h h y e a h

I too enjoy the huge turkey bags full of water vapor and thc

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

A_Druish_Princess posted:

I too enjoy the huge turkey bags full of water vapor and thc

as you should

El Palo Mota
Aug 5, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoWbQsf8MG4

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888

Moot .1415926535 posted:

you see.m just as obnoxious in real life as you are on the internet congrats

He's the guy everyone hates but is somehow just oblivious to it

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

They said some day you'll find
All those who vaxxed are blind, ohhh
When your eyes are on fire, you must realize
Piss gets in your eyes

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Asproigerosis posted:

That's wild that they're going to basically just invalidate EMTALA. Good stuff for our health care system when hospitals will be able to freely tell you to go gently caress off and die in an alley if you don't have insurance.

EMTALA was initially introduced decades ago because private hospitals would dump patients on county or state hospitals, often because they didn’t have insurance, said Alexa Kolbi-Molinas of the American Civil Liberties Union.

lmao wtf is a county or state hospital???

I heard a story about a Chicago private hospital that tried to kick out a bum who had a really bad fresh cut and it turns out it was a local judge who was working on his sailboat. that hospital got hosed on emtala. probably the only time it happened there.

El Palo Mota
Aug 5, 2009

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

emfive posted:

In the early morning, General Lee rises from his cot, splashes water on his old beard, and steps out of his tent.

The Army of Northern Virginia has been hard-pressed by Grant. Supplies are short. The situation might be called desperate, but General Lee is not a pessimist.

He looks out over the field of tents, some already showing signs of smoke from makeshift breakfast preparations.

"Me boys", he thinks to himself. "Me boys."

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Oh boy I can't wait for today's court drama

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

emfive posted:

Celtic languages have a lot of "directed" grammatical constructs. When you say in Irish "I have two children", you make a sentence that's like "there are two children at me", "tau beirt clan agam"

dative case ftw

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

holtemon posted:

:same:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Moot .1415926535 posted:

you see.m just as obnoxious in real life as you are on the internet congrats

that's right

Apr 7, 2003

emfive posted:

worse than Italian

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

holtemon posted:

hell yeah

mexi
Mar 17, 2003

Time to call it a night.

CaptainBeefart posted:

I'm a Heathcliff dude, don't care or know

Apr 7, 2003

Glad to see there was a serious discussion overnight re dog cum. Nite Crew stays winning

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

SirPablo posted:

Jon killed Lyman

Lyman's first appearance/utterance in the strip is begging Jon to let him stay and calling him "massuh Jon" :whitewater:

El Palo Mota
Aug 5, 2009

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Nite Crew stays winning

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
I was reading up on the jurors "bios" on CNN and they're all like some sort of "likes to watch TV and gets their news from Google and podcasts" lol

oh nevermind I missed out on the big update

Juror 11

Works for a multinational apparel company
Not a native New Yorker
Not married and doesn’t have children
Doesn’t really follow news but occasionally follows headlines
Said she does not like Trump’s “persona” and “he just seems very selfish and self-serving”

Welcome to the cause Juror 11

holtemon has issued a correction as of 13:36 on Apr 19, 2024

Apr 7, 2003

why are they posting juror bios. they're treating it like a soap opera. absolutely nutso

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

why are they posting juror bios. they're treating it like a soap opera. absolutely nutso

freedom of speech

Apr 7, 2003

"This didn't happen in the West Wing!!!", I shriek as the Oathkeepers dump me in Trump's concentration camp for journalists

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

Glad to see there was a serious discussion overnight re dog cum. Nite Crew stays winning

lmao reading posts from when you were not posting

shameful, never read a post

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

terminal TDS

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1781282625493028868

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

holtemon posted:

i dunno... TBH I think a high-profile court could benefit from some lil gussied up jester making a mockery of the royal institutions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

Lux Anima posted:

i dunno... TBH I think a high-profile court could benefit from some lil gussied up jester making a mockery of the royal institutions

they're treating this poo poo like it matters when it doesn't. This country has an entire class of media monkeys whose entire job is to breathily talk about our ruling class going through the motions as though it's meaningful when it isn't.