Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how long does trump go to jail for?
life
no jail time
elected president from a jail cell
goku
View Results

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

nailed it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Someone should ask them if the president ordering the military to assassinate a Supreme Court judge that he feels is a national security threat is ok

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Before it was just and insane I should have left that

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Bethamphetamine posted:

TROOFs

Without Presidential Immunity, the Presidency will lose its power and prestige, and under some Leaders, have no power at all. The Presidency will be consumed by the other Branches of Government. THAT IS NOT WHAT OUR FOUNDERS WANTED!

If a President does not have Immunity, the Opposing Party, during his/her term in Office, can extort and blackmail the President by saying that, “if you don’t give us everything we want, we will Indict you for things you did while in Office,” even if everything done was totally Legal and Appropriate. That would be the end of the Presidency, and our Country, as we know it, and is just one of the many Traps there would be for a President without Presidential Immunity. Obama, Bush, and soon, Crooked Joe Biden, would all be in BIG TROUBLE. If a President doesn’t have IMMUNITY, he/she will be nothing more than a “Ceremonial” President, rarely having the courage to do what has to be done for our Country. This is not what the Founders had in mind! Protect Presidential Immunity. MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

WITHOUT PRESIDENTIAL IMMUNITY, IT WOULD BE IMPOSSIBLE FOR A PRESIDENT TO PROPERLY FUNCTION, PUTTING THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA IN GREAT AND EVERLASTING DANGER!

lol

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

VideoKid posted:

Someone should ask them if the president ordering the military to assassinate a Supreme Court judge that he feels is a national security threat is ok

Well that depends which one

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

VideoKid posted:

would be construed as an official act.

what about Joe Biden going into the residence and shooting Jill before resigning?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

they'll release the ruling in July after they release the ruling allowing Idaho to force hospitals into making pregnant women bleed out in the street

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

RVWinkle posted:

Don't judge until you ride a mile in my rascal scooter

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

The whole official vs personal act argument is dumb as hell anyway, nobody can in good faith claim Trump did any of the election poo poo to benefit anyone but himself

gregday
May 23, 2003

If scotus rules presidents are divine kings I think we will see a lot more assassination attempts because at that point that will literally be the only way to hold a president accountable

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
the president should be legally allowed to stomp babies to death, any baby, it's just make sense.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

i think that perhaps there is one extremely famous example of this not being true, one that maybe is so associated with scandals, coverups, and conspiracies that its name itself has become shorthand for that sort of thing

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

i think that perhaps there is one extremely famous example of this not being true, one that maybe is so associated with scandals, coverups, and conspiracies that its name itself has become shorthand for that sort of thing

Obamnian

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

gregday
May 23, 2003

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Gorsuch inexplicably starts rattling off a long list of crimes against natives committed by presidents

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

The whole official vs personal act argument is dumb as hell anyway, nobody can in good faith claim Trump did any of the election poo poo to benefit anyone but himself

very disrespectful to arrest a president over their privates

Apr 7, 2003

lol they’re talking about how bribery is obviously something the president can’t do and the guy took bribes from foreign governments all day every day.

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

arrest every president even the dead ones

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

lol they’re talking about how bribery is obviously something the president can’t do and the guy took bribes from foreign governments all day every day.

the scotus is bribery headquarters, they're bribery experts

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

pyf war crimes

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9oUnC8JtXY

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

i love that we're getting a greatest hits list of Presidential Crimes

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Depends on if it’s Trump or not

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Hell yeah can't wait til we get to Andrew Jackson's reign lol

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
maybe one of the libs will bring up the time the vice president dueled the treasury secretary. there was a whole musical about it that they've probably seen!

Apr 7, 2003

I’m a tremendous dumbass but it seems bad to me that “being elected president makes you immune forever” even got to the Supreme Court

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

technically, if the president is always legally immune that means the most legal thing for the vice president to do is very funny

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

it's the basic operational principle of every presidency, they're right

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/steve_vladeck/status/1783521814758433212

piss guzzler 420
Dec 25, 2022

everybody is retarded now, just how it is

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I’m a tremendous dumbass but it seems bad to me that “being elected president makes you immune forever” even got to the Supreme Court

you are a dumbass but lol :d2a:

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

he's right

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

praying to Satan there's a blood clot about to do its thing

gregday
May 23, 2003

i like how alito doesn't make a distinction between "subject to prosecution" and "did a bunch of crimes"

piss guzzler 420
Dec 25, 2022

Mustached Demon posted:

you are a dumbass but lol :d2a:

get his rear end

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

gregday posted:

i like how alito doesn't make a distinction between "subject to prosecution" and "did a bunch of crimes"

every president does a bunch of crimes, it's the main thing the president does

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

lol