Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how long does trump go to jail for?
life
no jail time
elected president from a jail cell
goku
View Results

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

makes sense to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gregday
May 23, 2003

has anyone tried checking behind alito to see if there's not just a big old zipper on the back of that skin suit and that it's actually scalia in there

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

If they’re immune for actions they take in office why would they ever leave

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

LMAO if that’s the ruling then Biden has to drone strike Trump

Thems the breaks

Glumwheels has issued a correction as of 16:59 on Apr 25, 2024

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

very cool that if you become president you can never again do crimes

gregday
May 23, 2003

they're arguing that presidents are god-kings but biden would never murder trump or stay in office after losing because of decorum

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

divine right of presidents

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

oh my god lol

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

lol they’re going make him immune

Apr 7, 2003

gregday posted:

they're arguing that presidents are god-kings but biden would never murder trump or stay in office after losing because of decorum

Dems are the most cucked political party imaginable

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/ElieNYC/status/1783519533598147010

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Go the other way with it, it should be illegal for anybody to be the president

We're still required to have one, legally, he's just constantly on the lam

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
to me, it seems bad to give the guy we're about to elect president again immunity from doing crime while president

Apr 7, 2003

lol gorsuch is saying that the president’s motives can’t be taken into account when examining a president’s actions. That rules.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
scotus is going to give the office of the presdient insane immunity freedoms and biden will use absolutely zero of them

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Joementum posted:

to me, it seems bad to give the guy we're about to elect president again immunity from doing crime while president

he already has it, by virtue of being the president. they are just saying what is already true and has been forever

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1783522693645582707

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.
Somebody should ask what the stuff in the Constitution about impeaching the president means if the president cannot commit any crimes

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

for a conservative this is just normal diplomacy

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Joementum posted:

i love that we're getting a greatest hits list of Presidential Crimes

Lol

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

bing bong so simple

Apr 7, 2003

It’s neat that the margin here will be decided by justices who owe the guy they’re ruling on their jobs.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

emfive posted:

Somebody should ask what the stuff in the Constitution about impeaching the president means if the president cannot commit any crimes

Its in case the President disobeys the will of Capital

piss guzzler 420
Dec 25, 2022

oh gently caress not china

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

This country is trash and always will be trash

piss guzzler 420
Dec 25, 2022

sorry, the CHINESE COMMUNIST PARTY

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Louisgod posted:

scotus is going to give the office of the presdient insane immunity freedoms and biden will use absolutely zero of them

Biden already has everything he wants.

1) Genocide
2) police cracking college student skulls because they sat in grass
3) gets to live in the greatest retirement home of all time
4) all the hair you can sniff

No reason to commit crimes.

piss guzzler 420
Dec 25, 2022

LeeMajors posted:

lol they’re going make him immune

good, and furthermore, death to america

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Doing the law equivalent of having the worst person in town yell "the sky is purple!" and the town elder going "no, let's hear him out.... maybe he has a point"

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost
Posting scholars agree that probes are POSTING INTERFERENCE.

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

emfive posted:

I think their argument is that’s the only way to hold the president accountable- have Congress impeach them and then let the senate try them lmao

Serfer
Mar 10, 2003

The piss tape is real

trump already has robust hybrid immunity!!!!!

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

i think that perhaps there is one extremely famous example of this not being true, one that maybe is so associated with scandals, coverups, and conspiracies that its name itself has become shorthand for that sort of thing

yep:

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

VideoKid posted:

I think their argument is that’s the only way to hold the president accountable- have Congress impeach them and then let the senate try them lmao

This would also mean that a president cannot be held accountable by any means if he orders the military to murder every member of Congress.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

William Bear posted:

This would also mean that a president cannot be held accountable by any means if he orders the military to murder every member of Congress.

good

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Joe Biden lives in his personal version of paradise. If he were omnipotent and all powerful the only thing he would change is being able to do this for eternity.

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

William Bear posted:

I’m pretty sure Trump tried it last time and they told him no

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
how does scotus deal with preisdents whose sons have a massive hog?

piss guzzler 420
Dec 25, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Salt Fish posted:

Joe Biden lives in his personal version of paradise. If he were omnipotent and all powerful the only thing he would change is being able to do this for eternity.

I like to think he's in a personal hell