Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how long does trump go to jail for?
life
no jail time
elected president from a jail cell
goku
View Results

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

alnilam posted:

The moody blues own. I know of at least two albums that are solid gold start to finish and three more that are like, half amazing half decent

They were a gateway to other prog for me personally

WELCOME BACK MY FRIENDS
TO THE SHOW THAT NEVER ENDS
WE'RE SO GLAD YOU COULD ATTEND
COME INSIDE, COME INSIDE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

That's the former NYtimes "disinformation" expert

Apr 7, 2003

I'm a big fan of early to mid 60s melancholy pop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORnXJrWxl9o

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

LMAO our poo poo-poster-in-chief :patriot:

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

They were a gateway to other prog for me personally

WELCOME BACK MY FRIENDS
TO THE SHOW THAT NEVER ENDS
WE'RE SO GLAD YOU COULD ATTEND
COME INSIDE, COME INSIDE

For Prog, my dad rotated ELP, Moody Blues, King Crimson and Pink Floyd a lot back in the day.

Edit: Genesis and Yes too.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

hell yeah i bet you like the zombies, i sawr them at the homestead carnegie music hall in 2015 or so

Apr 7, 2003

Horseshoe theory posted:

For Prog, my dad rotated ELP, Moody Blues, King Crimson and Pink Floyd a lot back in the day.

My dad worked as a broadcast tech bitch at a series of AM stations for substandard pay for most of his life because he loved music more than he loved paying his bills. He'd take me to work with him when I was a toddler and I'd be surrounded with pretty staid 1950s-1960s pop but at night he'd get a few hours to crank out the stuff he really liked and at home I was surrounded with the music you mentioned up there. People who grew up with the cowboy 1950s poo poo really considered that stuff to be transgressive and it's wild to think about today.

Apr 7, 2003

alnilam posted:

hell yeah i bet you like the zombies, i sawr them at the homestead carnegie music hall in 2015 or so

I loving love The Zombies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2hXBf1DakE

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

gently caress yes

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

yeah ELP was also in the rotation

More recently he really digs Marillion

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

In homestead they played all of Odyssey and Oracle and they still fuckin got it

I know it was your classic old man need more money tour but drat it was good and they were very heartfelt and kind

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

solid

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Horseshoe theory posted:

Edit: Genesis and Yes too.

I did not know about Gentle Giant when I was younger but thankfully I was instrumental in creating a person who could tell me what a moron I am for not knowing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMrYSTzqFI8

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Homestead carnegie music hall is one of my fav venues of all time, it's a community center and intermission drinks are served in the library and the swimming pool areas and like some pretty drat big acts come there

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Prog chat time has begun

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Who's big into the Canterbury scene raise your paw

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
i got hoofves

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

And it already been going too long

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

alnilam posted:

Who's big into the Canterbury scene raise your paw

Me, I used to get it on with the Wife of Bath.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Not sure why he never listened to Floyd (except for the drive we took to Lake Placid to see us some Olympics and freeze to loving death when Another Brick in the Wall Pt. 2 was in heavy rotation across southern Ontario radio stations). May have been too sinful or whatever. LOL and LMAO given that Moodys song I posted was the lament of the Earth soul

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

start talking about Radiohead now you loving losers

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Lol nuh uh, no way

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Der Meister posted:

Richard Cheese's version of Creep is the definitive one

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 389 days!

Der Meister posted:

they ripped off aphex twin when they made kid a and ok computer

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Der Meister posted:

I like when they clowned Scott Tenorman back in the day.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 389 days!
man, pyramid song still such a beautiful song :goofy:

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

tenderjerk posted:

they ripped off aphex twin when they made kid a and ok computer

Weezer kind-of ripped off Pavement

Of Montreal kind-of ripped off Sparks

so it goes

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

We got to see Magma about 8 or 9 years ago, that was weird

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Der Meister posted:

:click:

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

emfive posted:

We got to see Magma about 8 or 9 years ago, that was weird

Holy poo poo they're still around?

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Magma is the answer to the question, what if Carl Orff wrote hosed up jazzy prog in an invented language about another planet, a question we have all asked at some point or another

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
monkey man was good

dont really know enough about indian politics to really say how relevant it is but it had a lot of trans acceptance which was nice

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Fuckt Tupp posted:

monkey man was good

dont really know enough about indian politics to really say how relevant it is but it had a lot of trans acceptance which was nice

All indian people I work with pretend the movie doesn't exist and refuse to discuss it.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Sickening posted:

All indian people I work with pretend the movie doesn't exist and refuse to discuss it.

it was extremely emotional without being sappy at all u could tell that it was coming from the heart so i could see how it could be p inflammatory

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
a lot of people say monkey man is like john wick but its a lot more like oldboy

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

make the av club great again!!!!

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

JHomer722 posted:

make the av club great again!!!!

This is just the onion

paste bought av club, jezebel, the takeout and splinter

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
if the president can kill anyone to stay president then that means Mike Pence could of killed trump while he was acting president when trump was in the hospital

unless the Supreme Court says that amendments don’t count

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
feeling GREAT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Perplx posted:

if the president can kill anyone to stay president then that means Mike Pence could of killed trump while he was acting president when trump was in the hospital

unless the Supreme Court says that amendments don’t count

pence would never do anything like this though, its why he got to be vice president