Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how long does trump go to jail for?
life
no jail time
elected president from a jail cell
goku
View Results

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

RealityWarCriminal posted:

what the gently caress is a google gemini and why is it sending me text messages

This is why I don’t use an android phone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

what the gently caress is a google gemini and why is it sending me text messages

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/304636780903288834

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
my next phone will be huawei

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

searches for tianamem square wont appear but neither will ads

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Glumwheels posted:

Biden being interview by Howard for over an hour is kind of next level poo poo.

He pisses off legacy media and Trump even if Howard’s reach is small. It’s a huge catch.

Howard Stern would love this joke

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

This is how I feel when I my Amazon region has changed mysteriously

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

searches for tianamem square wont appear but neither will ads

worth it

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)
it’s amazing how Google managed to make ChatGPT but worse

but I guess that’s the business they’re in these days: let’s make it worse

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

6.9 magnitude earthquake hit Bonin islands

https://twitter.com/PDChina/status/1784147290770534723

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Japan has thousands of earthquakes daily

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Nonsense posted:

Japan has thousands of earthquakes daily

so you're saying when Bonin island's a-rocking I shouldn't come a-knocking?

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler

So this policy is relatively new, definitely occurred during the last five years of my practice as an ER doc. It sucks, many patients come in overly sedated and closer to death because of their overzealous sedation rather than the illness they are arriving for.

It causes misdiagnosis (had a patient come in coding from over-sedation, intubated him and got him back, only hours later when family arrived they reported the patient had fevers and headaches, turns out the guy had meningitis, he did ok after antibiotics but half my nurses were exposed because we were struggling to save his life and the EMS didn’t bother to get much of a history, only loaded him up with sedation because he was agitated) and is being administered way too freely, even to elderly dementia patients who are even slightly difficult to transport by ambulance. The medics don’t seem to realize how dangerous what they’re doing is, just stating that they followed protocols established by their ambulance company.

I’ve been in meetings with ambulance management and they defend their actions by stating there aren’t enough medics and this is a measure to protect them from being harmed. It’s super frustrating.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neqC6nq4zUk

next they're gonna give the medics guns

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
it’s weird how every job that we need to take care of our people/society has not enough workers to do the jobs, seems like some kind of fundamental problem

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Nodelphi posted:

ambulance company.

here's the problem.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

UFOTacoMan posted:

it’s weird how every job that we need to take care of our people/society has not enough workers to do the jobs, seems like some kind of fundamental problem

especially the medical professions
it's like a bunch of people just vanished a few years ago

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Nodelphi posted:

So this policy is relatively new, definitely occurred during the last five years of my practice as an ER doc. It sucks, many patients come in overly sedated and closer to death because of their overzealous sedation rather than the illness they are arriving for.

It causes misdiagnosis (had a patient come in coding from over-sedation, intubated him and got him back, only hours later when family arrived they reported the patient had fevers and headaches, turns out the guy had meningitis, he did ok after antibiotics but half my nurses were exposed because we were struggling to save his life and the EMS didn’t bother to get much of a history, only loaded him up with sedation because he was agitated) and is being administered way too freely, even to elderly dementia patients who are even slightly difficult to transport by ambulance. The medics don’t seem to realize how dangerous what they’re doing is, just stating that they followed protocols established by their ambulance company.

I’ve been in meetings with ambulance management and they defend their actions by stating there aren’t enough medics and this is a measure to protect them from being harmed. It’s super frustrating.

Sounds like the kind of issue that helps chip away bit by bit the greatness of our medical system

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Nonsense posted:

This dude got owned the last time he was in a major bout

he just beat a guy with a belt but he was overweight so he didn't get it. he's at the drugs and alcohol stage of ruining his career right now.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

ArmedZombie posted:

here's the problem.

I am the stand in for the person who says "why wouldn't a federal or state EMT ambulance agency be just as harried and understaffed as a private one"

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

lol

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Inspector Hound posted:

I am the stand in for the person who says "why wouldn't a federal or state EMT ambulance agency be just as harried and understaffed as a private one"

answer "a lifelong pension by age 50 or a measly 401k match that may or may not be anything by the time your body gives out"

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lol fail libs thought Joe Biden was descheduling weed on Howard Stern, famous weed smoker and teetotaler

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

Ham Wrangler

UFOTacoMan posted:

It’s totally the lack of staffing and pay driven by private equity and knock on effects from their influence in the industry.

For example: when I started my career, it was widely preached by our boards that the maximum rate a physician should safely work in an ER was seeing 1.2 patients per hour. That’s about 40min spent in a patient’s room going through everything and trying to figure out what is wrong. This was deemed appropriate because it’s an emergency and should merit your attention and careful consideration.

Now the minimum threshold the company who bought out the hospital demands is 2.7 patients per hour with bonus incentives to see more than 3.5 patients per hour.

Not only that but they staff the ER with the expectation that the “incentive” rate will be met or exceeded every hour and if the ER backs up with patients because they can’t meet that rate then it’s the fault of the doctors and nurses, not their staffing model.

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys

nice bonin

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

cops have been dosing arrestees with ketamine for decades now dawg

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Good Citizen posted:

https://x.com/discussingfilm/status/1783838550959759518?s=46

lmao libs gonna cream they’re pants in the theater

I hope they get Ryan Gosling to play “man who tased his balls to death”

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

Ham Wrangler

cops have been dosing arrestees with ketamine for decades now dawg

Not everywhere, and the example I’m referring to is being done by EMS and they’re using ketamine and fentanyl. The cops are too scared of fentanyl and come in “to get checked out” if it even touches them.

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Ah, I see your mom arrived at the bonin islands

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

fentanyl has many positive qualities. for instance, it's fun to use

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Nodelphi posted:

Not everywhere, and the example I’m referring to is being done by EMS and they’re using ketamine and fentanyl. The cops are too scared of fentanyl and come in “to get checked out” if it even touches them.

eh, I agree with you like 99% but the ED is often a bit blasé about the circumstances we deal with. its easy to say a patient didn’t need sedation when you’re standing in front of them docile as a kitten. meanwhile I had to get them on a stair chair and down three flights of stairs while they’re beating the poo poo out of anyone who gets near them.

also lol that the medics didn’t give you guys a complete history—they almost certainly weren’t given one.

but yeah oversedation is definitely a problem because medic turnover is ridiculous. it’s a poo poo job with bad hours and not nearly high enough a barrier for entry.

I’d argue we shouldn’t exist in a sane society because physicians would be on the ambulance.

a lot of this poo poo is regional too. I’ve probably given ketamine ~5 times in 14yrs for chemical restraint on combative patients and all of them *definitely* needed it.

otherwise it’s all low dose pain mgmt and DAI induction.

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.
I'm (for serious) enjoying the doctor talk.

Later if we do computer stuff I can talk about how many times I've had to go into somebody's file and add another semicolon :rolleye:

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Nodelphi posted:

It’s totally the lack of staffing and pay driven by private equity and knock on effects from their influence in the industry.

For example: when I started my career, it was widely preached by our boards that the maximum rate a physician should safely work in an ER was seeing 1.2 patients per hour. That’s about 40min spent in a patient’s room going through everything and trying to figure out what is wrong. This was deemed appropriate because it’s an emergency and should merit your attention and careful consideration.

Now the minimum threshold the company who bought out the hospital demands is 2.7 patients per hour with bonus incentives to see more than 3.5 patients per hour.

Not only that but they staff the ER with the expectation that the “incentive” rate will be met or exceeded every hour and if the ER backs up with patients because they can’t meet that rate then it’s the fault of the doctors and nurses, not their staffing model.

hmm...maybe if they hired more staff from over seas to work remotely for less...patients could interact with them at a kiosk...

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

coincidentally doctors also sometimes have to go into someone and remove a semicolon

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

anyone normal today

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

Ham Wrangler

coincidentally doctors also sometimes have to go into someone and remove a semicolon

efb

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

UFOTacoMan posted:

We should hire more management, recruiters, and administrative staff to find a solution to this problem

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys

anyone normal today

no

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

titty_baby_ posted:

We should hire more management, recruiters, and administrative staff to find a solution to this problem

That's right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

titty_baby_ posted:

AI is solving this

in fact AI is solving everything